stone roses

doulikefish

Amazing night, can't even pick a favourite moment because there are too many. I Wanna Be Adored as the intro and Resurrection as the close are the obvious great ones, and I loved This Is The One, Love Spreads... f**k it, the whole lot of it. Fools Gold seemed to go on for about 15 minutes.

Primal Scream were great as well. Place was a bit flat for them opening with 2013, which is a tremendous song and deserves better. Was bouncing by Movin' On Up though.

Aye I agree. Fools gold went on for ages although I they could have played it til 2am and I'd have still loved it.

What a night :-)

• Replies 681
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Some absolute scumbags in the crowd (saw a couple of dicks giving Nazi salutes during Primal Scream) and it should have been louder but still, what a fuckin band. Would give my right arm to see them at the Barrowlands again.

Few questions. How was Browns voice? Was Jake Bugg good? Were the View on fire?

It was a lot better than what I had expected, based on what others had said from prior gigs. He sounded pretty good IMO, not spectacular, but not shit.

Jake Bugg was alright, but his performance was a bit dull. Played a few new songs and they sounded pretty decent.

Really enjoyed The View, as always. Brilliant energy, good decision to have them on first, if Bugg had went on to start I don't think it would've been the same.

Did anyone else see a very drunk Kevin Bridges down the front?

He was in pub we were in at the merchant. I thought he would have been pretty down to earth but he acted like a bit of a knob when trying to get served at the bar saying to the bar staff that he was next when there were clearly people in front of him waiting longer.

Great gig. Agree it could have been a bit louder, especially for the support act but, they seemed to turn up the volume a bit before the Roses came on which was good. The beer tent was pretty organised, got served pretty wuick but the toilets were a shambles, especially for the burds waiting on cubicles.

Agree with all that's been said, was actually surprised how good Ian sounded yesterday. The pubs up the east were all absolute bouncing was in them from early doors great atmosphere.

Ended up paying £25 too see bez do a set in Arches after it :lol::lol: :lol:

First time ever in the place seen a few sights in there but was good all the same, got into Ayr at 5 this morning. Good fucking day/night !!!!

Ian Brown has been decent on the whole tour by the looks of things. Sounded good at T from what I watched of them and Coachella and Spanish gigs sounded decent too. Maybe he's been rejuvinated by the whole experience.

Just home.

Through various circumstances, not slept yet. But me and the boys are in firm agreement, that yesterday was easily one of our best jolly boys outings. Simply phenomenal gig.

The fact the sun shone on us, after such a horrible forecast, was magnificent.

To anyone that I high fived, I love you all.

got so fucked I can't mind the gig at all. what a fucking dick

They were plenty like yourself yesterday.

Never seen so many pissed up folk in the one area before but i seen no trouble.

Don't understand it after paying a lot of money

Just had a text off one of my mates who I lost yesterday saying he got woken up behind a burger van and was "asked to leave". Fucking idiot.

This.

Place was full of arseholes

Sent from my GT-I9305 using Pie & Bovril mobile app

Brilliant gig, the roses were phenomenal. Great to see breaking into heaven for the 1st time and the 3 to end the set cannot be beaten (TITO/MOS/IATR) Oh and Elizabeth my dear of course

Didn't see any trouble all day, folk I stood beside in crowd were all in great spirits and only went to the bar once due to the "wine bag doon the breeks" manoeuvre :-D

Superb day!

Archived