stone roses

doulikefish

I went on Saturday. Best gig i've ever been to. I thought Brown just kept it simple tbh and it worked. Fools Gold went on for a bit too long but that was my only gripe with the performance. The last half hour was just stellar. It's going to take The Smiths getting back together to beat that for me.

• Replies 681
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just back home after last nights gig,i thought it was amazing the band sounded like they had never took a break from it at all.Great crowd as well and i never saw any bother (unexpected when you consider some of the ned element that you would expect to be there),highlight for me was love spreads.

Was there on Sunday night and it was one of the greatest gigs I've ever been to.

Even if I just got to see that performance of Fools Gold it would have been money well spent. Someone here wrote that it went on too long. Well, from my perspective the extended workout was incendiary - absofuckinlutely mindbending! Squire even sneaked in a wee bit of Driving South action too. I've always thought without Reni, the Roses are nothing and the live show confirmed it. WHAT a drummer!

Anyone saying here they wouldn't pay 60 sheets to see that 'cos of a ropey singer must hate live music - gigs are about a shared experience, a communion, overloading the senses, a chance to see that special connection musicians have re-creating their art; and just getting trashed & having a singalong with mates/kindred spirits. If you want to stroke your beard and fault-find then fair enough. I want to have a good time and last night, my friends, was a 2 hour blast.

Glad I smuggled in booze though - the bars looked a bit busy later on.

I was there on Friday night and it was really, really good. So what if the vocals were flat - it really didn't matter. As a band they were tremendous and the crowd was thankfully (for the most part) bawbag free. Loads of middle aged groups in sensible clothing getting out of your way if you needed to get past, never saw any bother at all.

I was there on Saturday and it was the same. Was actually really impressed by how well the crowd behaved, especially considering how wasted everyone was! I was worried it was going to be an Oasis crowd, but it wasn't at all.

Gig itself was amazing. Doesn't really matter how Brown's voice was when the crowd just sang every song anyway. They have so many great songs, but This Is The One was my favourite. Loved it.

Was there on Sunday night and it was one of the greatest gigs I've ever been to.

Even if I just got to see that performance of Fools Gold it would have been money well spent. Someone here wrote that it went on too long. Well, from my perspective the extended workout was incendiary - absofuckinlutely mindbending! Squire even sneaked in a wee bit of Driving South action too. I've always thought without Reni, the Roses are nothing and the live show confirmed it. WHAT a drummer!

Anyone saying here they wouldn't pay 60 sheets to see that 'cos of a ropey singer must hate live music - gigs are about a shared experience, a communion, overloading the senses, a chance to see that special connection musicians have re-creating their art; and just getting trashed & having a singalong with mates/kindred spirits. If you want to stroke your beard and fault-find then fair enough. I want to have a good time and last night, my friends, was a 2 hour blast.

Glad I smuggled in booze though - the bars looked a bit busy later on.

:lol: It's been quite funny hearing people who weren't there tell me how shite it was. Everyone who was there loved it, definitely one of the greatest gigs I've been to as well.

I was there Saturday night, it was a phenomenal gig.

Reni and Mani were on top form, and Brown sounded decent as well.

Only criticism is that the gig wasn't long enough and they only played two tracks from Second Coming.

I reviewed the gig on my blog if anyone can be arsed reading it:

http://groaninjock.blogspot.co.uk/2012/07/stone-roses-heaton-park-manchester.html

Yeah, just short of two hours. I just mean that there were a few songs (Driving South, Elephant Stone, Breaking Into Heaven, Tightrope, Daybreak) that I would have loved to have heard.

I would have foregone Where Angels Play for a rendition of Daybreak - that song would have fitted perfectly around the Fools Gold/Something's Burning part of the set.

Just to add, Don't Stop was incredible too. Seemlessly added to the end of Waterfall and played completely live with maybe a slight effect on Ians' vocals.

Went on the Sunday and I'm still in awe of how great the whole gig was, all support acts included. The Wailers were world class! Greatest Gig of my life and the greatest weekend of my life. Went down with a whole month's pay and returned with £25 to take to T in the Park! :lol:

Greatest weekend of my life. I can die a happy having seen them play Where Angels Play and Squire nail the solo at the end. Much, much better atmosphere in the park, compared to Oasis at Heaton Park 3 years ago.

Can't wait to see them at T in the Park. I've got a feeling that will top any of the Manchester shows.

• 2 months later...

Archived