stone roses

doulikefish

The money the money the money money money.

This would destroy the great memories and would be a ned fest. I was at Glasgow Green but would not be interested in the reunion gig. Its like The Specials reforming.

If you did not see them at the time but love the idea of it fair play but just play the albums and watch them on You Tube. Honestly that would be better.

I would rather everyone who loved the Roses just sent them a tenner each not to do it. It appears only Reni can save us from this.

Keep your dignity like The Smiths.

• Replies 681
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The money the money the money money money.

This would destroy the great memories and would be a ned fest. I was at Glasgow Green but would not be interested in the reunion gig. Its like The Specials reforming.

If you did not see them at the time but love the idea of it fair play but just play the albums and watch them on You Tube. Honestly that would be better.

I would rather everyone who loved the Roses just sent them a tenner each not to do it. It appears only Reni can save us from this.

Keep your dignity like everyone from The Smiths other than Morrisey has.

Fixed. ;)

Would love it if it's true and they were to reform. Would it ruin their legacy? Quite possibly. But I was too young to see them when they were in their prime, but still listen to and appreciate their music, and so would definitley go see them live.

If this is true then it's a strange one. Ian Brown is doing alright for himself, his last album was probably his best, and Mani is working on new material with Primal Scream, probably due out next year. I'm not against bands reforming (going to see the Specials tomorrow, albeit minus Dammers) but..mmm.. I don't know.. just hope there is a good vibe at the gigs and they don't attract arseholes

They were total pish live when they were at the peak of their powers so I can only imagine they would be even worse now.

When looking back at old vids (and even recent Browno stuff) it's clear that King Monkey has always been a gash singer live. The band themselves though were great players who had a vibe and sound unique to those 4 guys. I'd imagine that when you're at the show and singing your arse off you're not really going to be that bothered that he isn't hitting all the notes.

When looking back at old vids (and even recent Browno stuff) it's clear that King Monkey has always been a gash singer live. The band themselves though were great players who had a vibe and sound unique to those 4 guys. I'd imagine that when you're at the show and singing your arse off you're not really going to be that bothered that he isn't hitting all the notes.

I was when I saw them, I never even stayed for the encore as it was that pish.

I don't go to gigs to hear the best sound - if I wanted to hear brilliant sound and production I would just listen to the albums. Going to gigs is all about atmosphere and the possibility that there might be a few surprises thrown in. The last time I saw the Roses the atmosphere was brilliant, however after seeing the nedfest that was the Oasis gig at Murrayfield I fear that any future Roses gig will be much the same. Will probably still go though.

Archived