New Dumbarton kit

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

i thought all teams voted on wich strips they will have for the coming season , at the end of last season we got to vote for our away kit on the website , there was 3 choices , we chose the purple one with white shorts ( wich is done by nike ) , did yous get to choose your home or away kits ?

i thought all teams voted on wich strips they will have for the coming season , at the end of last season we got to vote for our away kit on the website , there was 3 choices , we chose the purple one with white shorts ( wich is done by nike ) , did yous get to choose your home or away kits ?

We were given the chance to vote for our current away top. There was some rumblings that a vote had been rigged in the past but I don't really remember the in's and out's of it.

oh , well the new home kit you have for next season is good , nice and simple , but i dont see how your away kit has to change , fan favourite i'd imagine

It's the current away one that the majority of us want as the home kit. I'd change the diagonal band for a horizontal one but thats it.

It's the current away one that the majority of us want as the home kit. I'd change the diagonal band for a horizontal one but thats it.

wasnt the original dumbarton kit was white top black shorts and a yellow line going horizontal along the front ?

we have went back to our original kit , exept its red shorts n socks

were you at the dumbarton v clydebank freindly at strathclyde homes stadium?

untitledlllll.bmp

wasnt the original dumbarton kit was white top black shorts and a yellow line going horizontal along the front ?

we have went back to our original kit , exept its red shorts n socks

were you at the dumbarton v clydebank freindly at strathclyde homes stadium?

White top with horizontal black and gold bands, white shorts, white socks - the way the Sons should look!

I was at the game, yes. I'd take McKinnon off your hands in a second.

gold with black pinstripes predates that top & was used for longer http://www.historicalkits.co.uk/Scottish_Football_League/Dumbarton/Dumbarton.htm

if you want to go back further (to our most succesful period) we should be playing in stripes.

Ye canny please everyone, as I always say, go online & find an off the shelf stip you'd want, there'll always be someone unhappy, too plain, not plain enough, cheap looking, nike/adidas ripoff, too yellow, too orange. In reality what else were we going to get pendle, macron, joma, errea or the nike teamwear range (bear in mind every club that's ever had that have had fans moaning about the poor quality & badges/logos falling off after a couple weeks)

IMO surridge have been pretty decent, it's not 100% ideal but its better than the acid yellow vandanel rotters

gold with black pinstripes predates that top & was used for longer http://www.historicalkits.co.uk/Scottish_Football_League/Dumbarton/Dumbarton.htm

if you want to go back further (to our most succesful period) we should be playing in stripes.

Ye canny please everyone, as I always say, go online & find an off the shelf stip you'd want, there'll always be someone unhappy, too plain, not plain enough, cheap looking, nike/adidas ripoff, too yellow, too orange. In reality what else were we going to get pendle, macron, joma, errea or the nike teamwear range (bear in mind every club that's ever had that have had fans moaning about the poor quality & badges/logos falling off after a couple weeks)

IMO surridge have been pretty decent, it's not 100% ideal but its better than the acid yellow vandanel rotters

I wasn't saying that the white strip was our traditional strip I know we've had other ones, but in my view that one defines us. It stands out and the majority of our fans love it. Obviously not everyone will like the strip we get but surely the club should be looking to please the majority?

Our argument will go round in circles so we'll agree to disagree. :)

I do agree with one point you've made actually, Vandanel were shit.

I wasn't saying that the white strip was our traditional strip I know we've had other ones, but in my view that one defines us. It stands out and the majority of our fans love it. Obviously not everyone will like the strip we get but surely the club should be looking to please the majority?

Our argument will go round in circles so we'll agree to disagree. :)

I do agree with one point you've made actually, Vandanel were shit.

but the majority dont agree!

if we got THE classic strip would you be happy to pay £55 for it?

but the majority dont agree!

if we got THE classic strip would you be happy to pay £55 for it?

Yes.

EDIT - Have we contacted any other kit manufacturers to see if they'll do it any cheaper? Did Surridge not tell us that they could do a diagonal band but couldn't do a horizontal one? :blink:

White top with horizontal black and gold bands, white shorts, white socks - the way the Sons should look!

I was at the game, yes. I'd take McKinnon off your hands in a second.

aye mckinnons a great player , bit of a psycho aswell but

that was a great game , good support we took aswell , did you enjoy our sing song :) ?

Why is you player in some kind of post-apocalyptic nightmare world?

(And I don't mean the juniors)

Junior football is real football mate :) , you shouldnt slag the lower leagues of scottish football when your team plays in the 2nd division , alot of SPL clubs will think of the leagues you lot play in are terrible.

to be honest i would rather be a junior team , a big one at that , playing against pollok and auchinleck and beith and irvine meadow etc. , those are big clubs , i wouldnt want the bankies to be some diddy team in the 3rd division playing montrose and clyde etc. doesent sound too good.

plus our crowds could easily match the 3rd division maybe even 2nd division , and so could alot of junior teams like pollok etc.

Clydebank till i die!

Archived