Future Scotland Team

froggybinos

Wallace was brilliant at Hearts. Strong in the tackle, quick and fit. Could easily have got a move to England. But at 25, he thought 'sack that, I'm wanting the easy life and signing for a 4th tier side on 5k a week'.

Fucking gimp.

Wallace was brilliant at Hearts. Strong in the tackle, quick and fit. Could easily have got a move to England. But at 25, he thought 'sack that, I'm wanting the easy life and signing for a 4th tier side on 5k a week'.

Fucking gimp.

Should that stop him being selected when he's back in the SPFL1?

• 5 years later...

So, for 2026, I’m gonna stick with the same formation to make it easy.

GK - Murray Johnson - yes I’m including his full name because he may well be working at IKEA in 5 years but a really highly thought of 16 year old keeper at Hibs, already in Scotlands U19s and I think we turned down a bid from Wolves for him of around £250k, still he could well be at Spartans by the time he’s 22, we don’t really have any exciting names.

LCB - Kieran Tierney

CB - Leon King - young boy at Rangers, on the basis hes tremendous on football manager he’s going in 

RCB - Stephen Welsh - if Celtic keep him around surely he’ll be good one day 

LWB - Josh Doig/Andy Robertson - Robertson will be 32 but still kicking a baw with Doig coming in to rotate in his old age

CM - Billy Gilmour - I’ll be devastated if I’m wrong

CM - Lewis Ferguson

CM - John McGinn - will be 30 and probably playing for Celtic but still doing things with that arse of his

RWB - Nathan Patterson/Calvin Ramsey - It doesn’t take a genius to predict it’ll be one of these two, can’t really pick so a cop out from me

ST - Che Adams 

ST - Ethan Laidlaw - file under Murray Johnson, another Hibs young talent who’s been on trial at Liverpool and Leeds already with Man Utd coming in for him, 16 years old, scored a hat trick for Scotland U17s last week, may be playing for Man Utd, may be working in a call centre

The only other exciting player I can think of is Aaron Hickey but with our full back options make it difficult to fit him in, look forward to seeing him tried in centre midfield or something.

Appreciate I’ve picked 2 players at Hibs that could amount to nobodies but stick to what you know.

Edited by Les Cabbage

6 hours ago, Les Cabbage said:

So, for 2026, I’m gonna stick with the same formation to make it easy.

GK - Murray Johnson - yes I’m including his full name because he may well be working at IKEA in 5 years but a really highly thought of 16 year old keeper at Hibs, already in Scotlands U19s and I think we turned down a bid from Wolves for him of around £250k, still he could well be at Spartans by the time he’s 22, we don’t really have any exciting names.

LCB - Kieran Tierney

CB - Leon King - young boy at Rangers, on the basis hes tremendous on football manager he’s going in 

RCB - Stephen Welsh - if Celtic keep him around surely he’ll be good one day 

LWB - Josh Doig/Andy Robertson - Robertson will be 32 but still kicking a baw with Doig coming in to rotate in his old age

CM - Billy Gilmour - I’ll be devastated if I’m wrong

CM - Lewis Ferguson

CM - John McGinn - will be 30 and probably playing for Celtic but still doing things with that arse of his

RWB - Nathan Patterson/Calvin Ramsey - It doesn’t take a genius to predict it’ll be one of these two, can’t really pick so a cop out from me

ST - Che Adams 

ST - Ethan Laidlaw - file under Murray Johnson, another Hibs young talent who’s been on trial at Liverpool and Leeds already with Man Utd coming in for him, 16 years old, scored a hat trick for Scotland U17s last week, may be playing for Man Utd, may be working in a call centre

The only other exciting player I can think of is Aaron Hickey but with our full back options make it difficult to fit him in, look forward to seeing him tried in centre midfield or something.

Appreciate I’ve picked 2 players at Hibs that could amount to nobodies but stick to what you know.

Good info, I hadn't heard of a couple of these guys so some to look out for.

What about for centre back Kerr Smith of Dundee utd. Or Liam Morrison at bayern ahead of Welsh?

23 minutes ago, BingMcCrosby said:

Good info, I hadn't heard of a couple of these guys so some to look out for.

What about for centre back Kerr Smith of Dundee utd. Or Liam Morrison at bayern ahead of Welsh?

Good shouts to be fair, at the risk of marrying the two of the players you mention above but it is there not a young guy called Liam Smith at Man City? Sure he’s a winger.

And he was right :lol:
For 2021, here we go then:
Marshall
Shinnie-Hanley-Souttar-Robertson
Mallan-Armstrong
Christie-Gauld-Fraser
Watt
Jeez the well is a bit dry in the forward department. Obviously hoping there's a Scottish 15 year old out there somewhere who will break through and be a regular at a top European club in 6 years time. We must be due one...

Probably turned out better than I was expecting when I made it in 2016 it tbh. I assume I meant John Souttar and not Harry. Still time for Gauld too, apparently. Right for 2026:
McCrorie
Patterson-J Soutarr-Tierney-Robertson-Hickey
McGinn-Gilmour-McTominay
Adams-Dykes
We are still due that top class striker… Looked at the u21 squad for inspiration in that department but found nothing. 30 year old Dykes and Adams hopefully still willing and able. Tierney and Robertson to become centre backs when they get older. I hope at least one of Dylan Reid or Ethan Erhahon will be in and around the squad aswell.

On 13/01/2016 at 19:12, RandomGuy. said:

Team in 5 years? Heres my guess...

Marshall

Paterson - Hanley - Cooper - Robertson

McArthur - Mowatt

Snodgrass - Gauld - Ritchie

Rhodes

Starts off well, then turns to absolute shite.

Genuinely don't think I knew how to count as the majority of that midfield/attack were clearly going to be finished by 2021.

Wild.

Keeper is a problem position.

Our defence could shape up a bit better in the future, with wingbacks/fullbacks covered by Doig, Patterson, Ramsay, Hickey and of course Robertson and Tierney. In the middle we'll still have Tierney and I'd like to think Welsh, Hamilton and Morrison could continue to develop in the former case and fulfill the potential in the latter two. Is there a young player in the Hanley/Gallagher mould though who has more of that physical presence?

Midfield should be OK, we generally look to be bringing through a better standard here with the likes of Turnbull and Ferguson compared to the array of shitkickers and stodge we've occasionally had to use in the past. Although it would be good to see a shithouse sitting midfielder coming through.

Up front seems like another continued problem area.