Doctor Who

yoda

I suppose it would hard to explain 'Space Peado travels with young girl to molest across time and space' away these days.

I like the fact that you don't know everything. Hope that doesn't change.

They showed the full 4 parts of 'An Unearthly Child' on BBC 4 after it as well. Midn you, I thought it was honking. Definitely a product of it's time. Hartnell was good as the Doctor mind.

I think the first episode is excellent, brilliant at setting up the concept, but the rest of it is very "meh".

Has anyone seen any of the sneak peeks or introductions? Some of the stuff David Tennant says in it is excellent/cringy dependent on your viewpoint!

That was the part I was on about. It was certainly one of those 'aw f**k off' moments that kind of diminished it all a little bit. I get that they were trying to convey that there was a tremendous legacy about it, but I think if they had just used Patrick Troughton in a passing the buck type manner, it would have been just fine.

"Pass the buck"? Haha, don't think it's quite the right expression...

I "liked" Matt Smith's wee appearance but they could've handled it a bit better, maybe with Hartnell visualising the future of the show, and the future incarnations. Rather than have him physically standing there. It seemed clumsy more than anything else

The mirror reporting more lost episodes have been found

http://www.mirror.co.uk/tv/tv-news/doctor-who-missing-episodes-seven-2839102

Marco Polo had been reported to be found with Enemy and Web, so not too surprised.

I expect an announcement confirming more finds between anniversary and Christmas

The mirror reporting more lost episodes have been found

http://www.mirror.co.uk/tv/tv-news/doctor-who-missing-episodes-seven-2839102

:thumsup2

As for An Adventure in Time and Space, thought it was really good. I didn't really know that much about Hartnell so I really enjoyed it

That was the part I was on about. It was certainly one of those 'aw f**k off' moments that kind of diminished it all a little bit. I get that they were trying to convey that there was a tremendous legacy about it, but I think if they had just used Patrick Troughton in a passing the buck type manner, it would have been just fine.

I agree completely. Shoehorning Matt Smith in there was just ridiculous.

I thought "An Adventure in Space and Time" was excellent. I disagree that putting Smith in was a mistake, it worked really well. It showed off the legacy of Hartnell and all the others who brought the show to life that it's still going strong. It could've been done badly... had he had some cheesy line like "I'm the Doctor, Doctors are cool" it would've been shite. But to have him turn up and remain silent was the perfect understated way to do it.

I thought "An Adventure in Space and Time" was excellent. I disagree that putting Smith in was a mistake, it worked really well. It showed off the legacy of Hartnell and all the others who brought the show to life that it's still going strong. It could've been done badly... had he had some cheesy line like "I'm the Doctor, Doctors are cool" it would've been shite. But to have him turn up and remain silent was the perfect understated way to do it.

I agree.

I wasnt expecting smith to be in it at all and if I had been told about it beforehand I would probably have thought it would be a bad idea but somehow the scene worked beautifully and actually had me welling up a bit! The nod of gratitude from smith and the smile of contentment from hartnell that 'his' character was still going strong. That one little moment conveyed so much about hartnells dr who legacy and the programmes ongoing place in british culture.

Loved the whole programme :-)

The Culture Show Special that was on BBC2 last night entitled Me , You and Doctor Who was excellent - well worth catching on the BBC I- Player if you missed it.

As for An Adventure in Space and Time - thought it was superb - loved the sets - the 60s TARDIS was a thing of beauty - would also hope to see David Bradley and Jessica Raine in the running for BAFTA nominations after that - both were outstanding.

Hope all P&B Who fans enjoy Day of the Doctor tonight - really looking forward to it !!

post-14714-13851927232401_thumb.jpg

I have a funny feeling that we may see a regeneration tonight after something I read the other day.

apparently the Christmas episode is based around the doctor managing to warn a new set of regenerations, if he was to regenerate at the end of tonight's show it would set up the Christmas special brilliantly with a race against time.

Either that or I hope they managed to persuade eccleston to do a small cameo and show john hurts doctor regenerating. :thumbsup

Tom Baker has stated he is in it too.

Last post until after I see it. Don't think there will be a regeneration(but the start of Hurts may be hinted at).

Hurts regen from mcgann was shown in a mini episode earlier in the week/last week. The link is on here a couple of pages back.