Doctor Who

yoda

f**k your Matt Smith, Tennant & Eccleston's, if Capaldi is appointed as the new Doctor he'll be the coolest Doctor since probably, well Eccleston when he was just out of 28 Days Later.

I can't believe they dedicate a whole half hour of live television to announce it. If they move Countryfile, I'm kicking off.

How can it take half an hour?! Presumably they'll be asking Stuart Maconie and Ed Byrne who they think it'll be.

Slightly off topic, but I've recently watched a few episodes with Colin Baker, Thought he was a great doctor (despite the jacket) I enjoyed his cuntyness

Oh yeah, Colin Baker really was a great Doctor. He was unlucky that he got lumbered with mostly crap stories and as that documentary you put up showed (totally agree regarding Peri btw), he had the misfortune of being in the role when the BBC were actively trying to kill the show. I've not listened to any of the audio stories that the old Doctors (4 through to 8) do for Big Finish, but apparently Colin Baker's Doctor gets reguarly voted as the best in them. It just shows how much of a raw deal Baker got during his stint before being unceremoniously sacked.

And as gawdy as that jacket it is, after a while you get used to it and in my opinion, it's better than the bland beige cricket themed outfit they gave Peter Davison.

With regards to the news today, it's good that we know when it's going to announced now and that it's not going to be sprung upon us. I think it's highly unlikely to be Chris O'Dowd mainly as his career in Hollywood is starting to get going now and I can't see him giving that up to commit to filming Doctor Who for about 9 months every year. As per usual it'll be someone the bookies didn't even dream of counting, but as it's likely going to be an older actor it's probably not going to be a near complete unknown like Matt Smith was.

I'd love it if Capaldi got the gig but can't shake off my suspicion that they'll go for some youngster to maintain a tedious love interest angle.

I'll be delighted if I'm wrong.

Another Scot as the Doctor? It would be great if he got the job, he's now odds on favourite.

Currently the top 3 in the betting:

Peter Capaldi

Daniel Rigby

Ben Daniels

I'm still thinking they may pull of a young one, to keep the fact his looks have got younger whilst he's got older.

Of course if the rumours surrounding the 50th anniversary are true then this could be the final doctor.

I can't believe they dedicate a whole half hour of live television to announce it. If they move Countryfile, I'm kicking off.

How can it take half an hour?! Presumably they'll be asking Stuart Maconie and Ed Byrne who they think it'll be.

I bet they'll do the same as last time when they announced Matt Smith's appointment. It'll be 29 mins of gushing about how amazing the departing Doctor is (about Smith this time rather than Tennant) before quickly unveiling the new Doctor in the last minute and getting a soundbite. Hopefully they'll have the decency to include the trailer for the 50th anniversary that they premiered exclusively at Comicon but haven't bothered to show to the rest of us yet.

Still, it's really exciting knowing that the new Doctor is cast now and that we'll know who it is within a couple of days.

Edit: The press release says the show is being hosted by Zoe Ball. Pish. :(

Edited by captainkev

I don't like the look of Matt Smith' s face and it puts me off watching his series. Am I wrong to do this?

I liked the Ecclestone series and I intend to watch the Tennant series.

Buzz tonight is that the new favourite is Irish actor and comedian Chris O'Dowd as seen in the I.T. Crowd and Bridesmaids - still hope it's Capaldi- supposedly the new Doctor will be revealed in a live show on BBC1 on Sunday night at 7pm

Fairly sure it won't be the Irish guy. Moffat would have leaked lies to keep interest high and surprise factor.

Of course if the rumours surrounding the 50th anniversary are true then this could be the final doctor.

It won't be the final Doctor.

Hopefully they'll have the decency to include the trailer for the 50th anniversary that they premiered exclusively at Comicon but haven't bothered to show to the rest of us yet.