Doctor Who

yoda

I don't think they were by luck rather than design, but they weren't terribly expansive story arcs (by comparison) either. A few intra-series clues, a big battle then a big reset button. End.

You're seriously telling me that you don't think that mid-season finale had enough "emotional impact"? You really are a fucking automaton.

you're right. I'll rail in my hatred of the man to say there was at least some forethought. but come on, if we compare the work- the mid season finale was the pay off of a plot device that Moffat laid whilst he was in RTD employ in the tour de force episode of tennant's reign 'the library'. 2 if not 3 years ago!

that guy, layers his work.

RTD didn't have layers.

Edited by theentomologist

What I'm not quite getting is what he did to 'fall further than he has'. Is it the revelation pointed out by River that he's become some kind of intergalatic Dirty Harry? Or that Amy's baby ended up like it began, i.e. a big pile of steaming jizz? Why were they so angry at him about it? It wasn't his fault.

And I assume we're going to find out why the word/title 'Doctor' is suddenly so bad ("Of course he's a warrior, why else would he be called the Doctor" etc). Who was soldier lass who gave Amy the patch? What's her relevance to things?

Oh, and I'm going for Rory being the one who gave the Doctor his totties in the first episode.

And the Doctor's real name is Tarquin.

Started watching through from the start of the Ecclestone stuff yesterday. Now mid-way through Season 2. Going to work my way right back through to Saturday's episode for clues of any further story arc.

I'm convinced she's the 2nd regeneration of Amy's baby.

There is the girl in the spacesuit in Ep1 and 2 > The solidier girl > River Song

Nah, that can't be right. The soldier died in the end-scene. No regeneration.

Edited by Ad Lib

Could someone refresh my memory of who the Doctor's daughter is, the one we meet with Tennant when he's battling the Sontaron i think it is. When Amy asked the Doctor who's cot it was that was my 1st thought.

Dr mockney tennant was scanned by something on alien high tech planet and the daughter was created as a hot blonde female fully grown. I think..

Could someone refresh my memory of who the Doctor's daughter is, the one we meet with Tennant when he's battling the Sontaron i think it is. When Amy asked the Doctor who's cot it was that was my 1st thought.

A DNA altered copy. Jenny was her name IIRC.

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jenny_(Doctor_Who)

When the Doctor's time travelling TARDIS is drawn to the planet Messaline, his DNA is used by warring human soldiers on the planet in a Progenation Machine, a device that instantly creates a fully grown and educated new person, and the Doctor recognises her as his "daughter".

Close enough..

RTD's overall story arc was essentially several unrelated episodes linked together by hastily scribbling 'BAD WOLF' all over the screen at some point in each episode. I really enjoyed the finale and how can an episode entitled 'Let's Kill Hitler' be anything but ridiculous but good?

RTD's overall story arc was essentially several unrelated episodes linked together by hastily scribbling 'BAD WOLF' all over the screen at some point in each episode. I really enjoyed the finale and how can an episode entitled 'Let's Kill Hitler' be anything but ridiculous but good?

Got it in one.

Yup 13 episodes for 2012 and a Christmas Special i'd imagine

You'd be wrong ;)

Its this years Christmas special and then 13 episodes over the next 2 years - Season 7 is currently most likely to run split between Autumn 2012 and Spring 2013.

I have to say, despite what i said a few weeks ago, the final two episodes were everything that Dr Who should be and were filled with emotional impact and character development. I shouldn't have doubted the Moff, as it's clear to see he's quite a slow burner, which means in the middle of story arcs there is maybe a bit of a lull in terms of the characters, but when it all comes together it's spectacular.