Doctor Who

yoda

4 hours ago, GordonD said:

Wait until you meet Alpha Centauri. Legend has it that the director thought it looked like a p***k so they put a cloak on it - which just made it look like a p***k in a cloak.

See the source image

Yep, saw that in the Curse of Peladon. Scott thought it looked like Mike from Monsters Inc. 

On 25/12/2022 at 19:31, Clown Job said:

Thankfully not too much giving away in the trailer 

I do miss no Christmas special this year 

find it difficult to get excited about the return of time-winey Tennant and the god-awful Donna. I know a lot of fans like him but you can set your watch by all his tropes -zany followed immediately by the bottom teeth showing earnest and serious. If it were Eccleston or Smith or McGann or even McCoy stepping back into it with a story arc and not just a guest appearance, then that would be something to get behind.....

Been rewatching from the start since the last episode. Seen a fair whack before but never actually gone all the way through. 

Nearly done Troughton. Enjoyed it more than I thought I would, given how much I like Hartnell. 

I actually quite like the loose Canon tele snaps on Daily Motion. Prefer them to the animations sometimes especially the ones for the Invasion which are horrific 

On a similar journey @Autistisches Nilpferd but a wee bit ahead of you.

Passed The Three Doctors (or as Scott called it, two and a half Doctors as William Hartnell was barely in it). Now back to normal business, messing about through time and space. 

Carnival of Monsters was brilliant. Great idea, wonderfully written. Quite funny, too. 

They really phoned in the Space Pirates didn't they? Doctor, Jamie and Zoé hardly in it. Six weeks of boring filler before going absolutely batshit with the War Games

Just finished Planet of the Daleks. It was great, and really a second part to Frontier in Space. 

Very much enjoying both Pertwee as the Doctor and Delgado as the Master ("You will obey me...") 

Good to be back in space again. 

22 hours ago, scottsdad said:

Just finished Planet of the Daleks. It was great, and really a second part to Frontier in Space. 

Very much enjoying both Pertwee as the Doctor and Delgado as the Master ("You will obey me...") 

Good to be back in space again. 

The Draconians are up there as one of my favourite races in the Whoiverse. 

Patrick Troughton ✅

I'd seen bits and pieces of Troughton before and didn't think I'd like it as much because I love Hartnell. He's brilliant though. Without 2 Doctor Who would not exist today. Black and White done, missing episodes done. On to Jon Pertwee

Into the final series with John Pertwee. Jo is away, and that was quite poignant, and replaced by Sarah-Jane Smith. There'll be no more Roger Delgado, which is a real shame. 

So far I think Pertwee is my favourite of the originals. And Jo was a very good companion indeed.

18 minutes ago, scottsdad said:

Into the final series with John Pertwee. Jo is away, and that was quite poignant, and replaced by Sarah-Jane Smith. There'll be no more Roger Delgado, which is a real shame. 

So far I think Pertwee is my favourite of the originals. And Jo was a very good companion indeed.

I'm still bored out my tree on series 7. I'll stick with it to when the Master comes in and we get back out into Space and time 

1 hour ago, Autistisches Nilpferd said:

I'm still bored out my tree on series 7. I'll stick with it to when the Master comes in and we get back out into Space and time 

I thought the Ambassadors of Death and Inferno were both excellent. The writing in Inferno was tremendous. 

They could have gone back to space and time sooner, though. Endless early-70s England episodes did get a touch stale. 

On 01/01/2023 at 11:57, KingRocketman II said:

find it difficult to get excited about the return of time-winey Tennant and the god-awful Donna. I know a lot of fans like him but you can set your watch by all his tropes -zany followed immediately by the bottom teeth showing earnest and serious. If it were Eccleston or Smith or McGann or even McCoy stepping back into it with a story arc and not just a guest appearance, then that would be something to get behind.....

Absolutely THIS !

the actual new doctor might be interesting !

On 27/11/2022 at 09:22, scottsdad said:

So much of Patrick Troughton is missing, it is genuinely sad. Enemy of the World was fantastic. A genuine baddie in Salamander. 

Zoe has appeared as a new companion. Wow. 

Have not taken to Jamie. Compared to Ian or Steven, he just doesn't offer all that much. 

Zoooooe !

Edited by Ewanandmoreagain

On 28/11/2022 at 11:49, Bully Wee Villa said:

1 The Aztecs

2 The War Games

3 Doctor Who and The Silurians

4 Genesis of the Daleks

5 Caves of Androzani

6 Vengeance on Varos

7 Remembrance of the Daleks

8 The Movie (not a lot of choice here...)

9 The Empty Child/The Doctor Dances

10 Human Nature/Family of Blood

11 The Day of the Doctor

12 Dark Water/Death in Heaven

13 Fugitive of the Judoon

I thought there were  2. movies.

starring Peter Cushing ?

The second was better !

You're correct, there were two movies in the sixties, "Dr. Who and The Daleks" and "Dalek Invasion of Earth 2165", and agreed that the second one is much better.

I was only listing the stories that are classed as canonical within the show, though, so the one I was referring to was the Paul McGann TV movie of 1996.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Doctor_Who_(film)

Edited by Bully Wee Villa

1 hour ago, scottsdad said:

I thought the Ambassadors of Death and Inferno were both excellent. The writing in Inferno was tremendous. 

They could have gone back to space and time sooner, though. Endless early-70s England episodes did get a touch stale. 

Controversial...

https://tardis.fandom.com/wiki/UNIT_dating_controversy