Doctor Who

yoda

Checking that sent me down a rabbit hole and I found this, which is quite interesting. Some of the choices I like... Rik Mayall instead of Paul McGann would have been great. Brian Blessed would have been quite different to Patrick Troughton, I reckon...

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_actors_considered_for_the_part_of_the_Doctor

16 minutes ago, Bully Wee Villa said:

Checking that sent me down a rabbit hole and I found this, which is quite interesting. Some of the choices I like... Rik Mayall instead of Paul McGann would have been great. Brian Blessed would have been quite different to Patrick Troughton, I reckon...

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_actors_considered_for_the_part_of_the_Doctor

Cyril Cusack

Brian Blessed

Ron Moody

Fulton MacKay

Ian Cuthbertson

throbber

Ken Campbell

Peter Cook

Judi Dench

Perthshire Belle

Russell Tovey

Ben Daniels

Boris Karloff 

• 2 weeks later...

25 minutes to go chaps. I'm hoping for a brilliant series before Jodie bows out and we get the glorious return of RTD. Hopefully John Bishop is a character and not just John Bishop but we'll see. 

Hopefully the fandom don't live up to "there's only one things Doctor Who fans hate more than Doctor Who not being on. And that's Doctor Who being on!"

48 minutes ago, RosspCfc said:

25 minutes to go chaps. I'm hoping for a brilliant series before Jodie bows out and we get the glorious return of RTD. Hopefully John Bishop is a character and not just John Bishop but we'll see. 

Hopefully the fandom don't live up to "there's only one things Doctor Who fans hate more than Doctor Who not being on. And that's Doctor Who being on!"

I'm trying hard to suspend my memory of him, but I think his range is limited to irritating scousers.

The dug was fucking stupid and John Bishop played John Bishop. Good to see the Sontarans and the Weeping Angels back though. The make up/CGI used on the two new guys is sensational. Did enjoy it