Doctor Who

yoda

12 minutes ago, The Naitch said:

I've got my doubts as well. Said the same thing about Bradley Walsh, though, so we'll see.

And Catherine Tate tbf. We'll see

I really enjoyed that. I remember John Bishop being in a Jimmy McGovern show with Sheridan Smith and he was brilliant so I've got no truck with him being a companion of the doctor. The way Jack left, saying he was going to see Gwen, does this mean a return for Torchwood?

Thought the episode was generally alright but the plot was not great. The Doctor being jailed for 19 years (or whatever number they said) was swept aside to focus the companions having had 10 months chilling at home? Not to mention how a prison could be good enough to hold the Doctor for that long, only for Captain Jack to break her out in about 10 seconds flat (I know they claimed he took all those years just to set up the escape). It just felt like the prison part should have been worthy of an episode in itself.

As with others, not bothered by Ryan leaving but I liked Bradley Walsh's character. I'd have preferred Yaz to leave too though. I can't say I particularly dislike her, I just find her one of the most nothing characters of any show I've watched regularly. 

Edited by Jaggy Snake

13 hours ago, Jaggy Snake said:

As with others, not bothered by Ryan leaving but I liked Bradley Walsh's character. I'd have preferred Yaz to leave too though. I can't say I particularly dislike her, I just find her one of the most nothing characters of any show I've watched regularly. 

I like Yas but thought she was stifled by having too many people in the Tardis. Hopefully shines through a bit more now

10 hours ago, NorthernLights said:

If John Bishop started work next to me I'd be looking elsewhere.

• 2 weeks later...

One of my free channels is old Dr. Who
I just want to say no one can ever, ever replace Roger Delgado as The Master.

EVER!

Oh the effect were of their day, the acting was sometimes scenery chewing at its worst, but Delgado was the best.

Oh and you can never beat “.... Jenkins, chap with wings there, five rounds rapid!”

20 hours ago, Raidernation said:

One of my free channels is old Dr. Who
I just want to say no one can ever, ever replace Roger Delgado as The Master.

EVER!

Oh the effect were of their day, the acting was sometimes scenery chewing at its worst, but Delgado was the best.

Oh and you can never beat “.... Jenkins, chap with wings there, five rounds rapid!”

That scene has stayed with me since it was first aired. The nonchalance with which the brigadier says the line makes it one of the funniest things I've ever seen. I lol every time I think of it, so thank you sir for cheering me up.

Just found out I can catch up on the last series and the Christmas special but I have to pay.
I have seen up to (I think) ep8 of the last series, is it
1) worth paying for the rest?
2) necessary to watch before the “special”?

Thanking you all in advance
RN

• 5 months later...
7 hours ago, scottsdad said:

The Guardian's annual "Who should be the next Doctor?" article. Again, the usual Guardian suspects mentioned (Tilda Swinton, Richard Ayoade) plus a few flavour-of-the-month types. 

https://www.theguardian.com/tv-and-radio/2021/jun/22/from-riz-ahmed-to-michaela-coel-who-should-be-the-next-doctor-who

I think Lydia West would be a brilliant choice. She's an outstanding actor and would annoy all the right people. Wouldn't mind Olly Alexander either for the same reasons. Never really been a fan of Richard Ayoade who seems to be mentioned every time they're looking for a new Doctor. He may be excellent though so would certainly give him a chance.

On 25/06/2021 at 23:00, RosspCfc said:

I think Lydia West would be a brilliant choice. She's an outstanding actor and would annoy all the right people. Wouldn't mind Olly Alexander either for the same reasons. Never really been a fan of Richard Ayoade who seems to be mentioned every time they're looking for a new Doctor. He may be excellent though so would certainly give him a chance.

Olly Alexander tipped today in the Guardian. Then again, Kris Marshall was the favourite last time.

25 minutes ago, scottsdad said:

Olly Alexander tipped today in the Guardian. Then again, Kris Marshall was the favourite last time.

Trouble is, if they go back to a man then everybody who complained about casting a woman as the Doctor will say, "See! I told you so!"

9 minutes ago, GDP1179 said:

Problem wasn't so much the fact Doctor was female...

It was the production team trying to push agendas on us rather than just tell good stories. Compared to the 80s, we had a good strong budget... wasted.

I agree, way too many historical and issue driven storylines. Although my sister who teached reckons it's the only way kids will learn about them.

Edited by welshbairn