Doctor Who

yoda

Let's not get carried away, most of the series has been pretty awful.

Credit where its due, though, the two finale episodes were fantastic.

Whittaker also proving that provided with some decent dialogue she's a really good doctor.

No it hasn’t, with the exception of Orphan 55, which was a travesty, the other episodes have ranged from good to very good, the difference between this series and the last one has been like night and day!!!
An excellent finale which actually managed to thread all the plot points cast throughout the previous nine episodes together into a convincing singular storyline, something Moffat and RDT struggled to do 100% of the time if at all, Chibnall quite rightly took a lot of flak for the last series which was a poorly written disjointed mess surely he deserved the plaudits for this one!!!
Also good to note, that thanks to the Doctor’s little flashback in the Matrix, that the “Morbius Doctors” are now officially canon!!!

I’m glad they didn’t shoehorn Captain Jack into it somehow. Shows that they thought about it instead of throwing a lot of stuff at the wall and hoping it stuck.

16 hours ago, King Kebab said:

No it hasn’t, with the exception of Orphan 55, which was a travesty, the other episodes have ranged from good to very good, the difference between this series and the last one has been like night and day!!!
An excellent finale which actually managed to thread all the plot points cast throughout the previous nine episodes together into a convincing singular storyline, something Moffat and RDT struggled to do 100% of the time if at all, Chibnall quite rightly took a lot of flak for the last series which was a poorly written disjointed mess surely he deserved the plaudits for this one!!!
Also good to note, that thanks to the Doctor’s little flashback in the Matrix, that the “Morbius Doctors” are now officially canon!!!

It really has

What about the theory that the Master was lying about the Timeless Child being the Doctor?...or are they now planning a spin off TV show or novels about the 'other' many lives which the Doctor has led?

Noticed they still have not produced the viewing figures for the timeless children yet a week after its transmission. Usually they do this after a couple of days. Rumour is that it was less than Antiques Roadshow.  

On 09/03/2020 at 00:16, pawpar said:

Noticed they still have not produced the viewing figures for the timeless children yet a week after its transmission. Usually they do this after a couple of days. Rumour is that it was less than Antiques Roadshow.  

I don't think it works well on a Sunday. Saturday in the autumn was always an issue as it was either on before Strictly (too early) or after it (too late). No reason it can't be on a Saturday in the spring. What is it up against? The Voice? Masked Singer? C'mon! This Sunday viewing is Surprise Surprise night - people not bothering.

• 8 months later...
Did they not learn their lesson the last time they tried to change the way the Daleks looked?
Also, surely by this point everyone would be saying "that's one of those Dalek things that have tried to take over/destroy the world numerous times over the last 60 odd years"?
Have they changed how they look? Didn't look much different in the trailer

1 hour ago, Mr X said:
3 hours ago, KnightswoodBear said:
Did they not learn their lesson the last time they tried to change the way the Daleks looked?
Also, surely by this point everyone would be saying "that's one of those Dalek things that have tried to take over/destroy the world numerous times over the last 60 odd years"?

Have they changed how they look? Didn't look much different in the trailer

Aye, they've gave them a wee makeover.  Like when a car manufacturer is going to release a new model the following year and they give the old model a new set of rear lights to try and boost sales in a last hurrah. 

• 4 weeks later...

Enjoyed that.

Always thought Ryan was a bit of a fud anyway, bad writing rather than bad acting I think. Think the Doctor and Yas will be good. Three companions is a bit cluttered and has never really worked since the original three. 

The episode itself was your standard Dalek story. Try to take over the world, slimy business man tries to help them etc. Good to see Captain Jack back but think that will be the end for him as a character. 

Can never take the daleks remotely seriously so wasn't all that fussed about the main story.

I've really enjoyed Bradley Walsh's stint as a companion so sad to see him go. Agree that Ryan is a bit of a fud so absolutely no loss there but hope that's not the last we've seen of Captain Jack after that.

9 minutes ago, The Naitch said:

Can never take the daleks remotely seriously so wasn't all that fussed about the main story.

I've really enjoyed Bradley Walsh's stint as a companion so sad to see him go. Agree that Ryan is a bit of a fud so absolutely no loss there but hope that's not the last we've seen of Captain Jack after that.

Get away. I was terrified he would be drafted in as an assistant, but if I could've picked someone I'd least like to be in it, John fucking Bishop is that man. I

Eta. It was alright tonight, one offs are always a bit too neat and quick.

Edited by Sergeant Wilson