Doctor Who

yoda

On 07/10/2018 at 20:19, Bully Wee Villa said:

I thought it was quite decent but I fell asleep half way through due to bejmg a drunken bum. Was very confused as to why The Cat was in it before realising that I was watching Strictly Come Dancing. 

Will watch Dr Who again when sober. 

Now watched again, enjoyable stuff. Whittaker nailed it and all the supporting staff were decent, too. Even if we are stretching it a bit trying to pretend the two younger ones are nineteen. 

Looking forward to the next one. 

Edited by Bully Wee Villa

To be perfectly honest i found the entire hour dull and lacking in energy. I didn't feel any real threat from the enemy, the new score was bland and Jodie's performance didn't really wow me at the parts they should have like when she confronted said enemy. I am hoping that as everyone involved finds their feet that it will improve as there is always a period like this when a new doctor is introduced.

2 hours ago, The Naitch said:

Not a fan of the new Tardis interior.

Me neither, though I do like how the police box shape is stuck onto the side like a hallway rather than just having the doors in the side wall like Cpaldi had.

They say lots of things.

I found it a wee bit underwhelming this time around. I understand, though, the need to develop the new gang of companions, and so far with the men they have managed it, but at the expense of Yaz and the storyline (a little). 

My kids were convinced it was killer bog roll, and they were a bit disappointed it turned out to be some sort of blanket. 

I don't think I'll remember this episode much in the future - but it's early doors and I do like Jodie's doctor. I think it has a lot of promise. 

The tardis interior is awful though. Some sort of S&M dungeon with tardis-shaped vibrators. 

Sort of enjoying things, I don't think she's overly great at the "aggressive doctor" speeches, but that's potentially just a echo of Capaldis doctor and something she'll move away from.

Enjoying it so far, think Whittaker is excellent. Only slight complaint is that I'm still a bit concerned about there being too many companions. Yas has had very little to do so far. There is a later episode in which she tries to find her grandmother in 1947 Punjab so hopefully that should flesh out her character a bit. 

Edited by Bully Wee Villa

17 hours ago, Bully Wee Villa said:

I wonder if the Racist Rani, as nobody is calling him, will turn up again? 

He will be, they rarely end bad guy storylines like that, he'll probably end up changing something major due to the timeline he's been put in to.

Episode was alright, the whole thing about standing up to racists was a bit forced at point though, it's like they felt the need to really state what the episode was about.