Annoying things people write on Facebook

Geedub-MFC

56 minutes ago, velo army said:

The internet is absolute manna for anxious people, or people who aspire to be nervous wrecks.

The idea that a five year old would harm themselves because someone who they called "evil Santa" (and not just Santa) doesn't really stand up to scrutiny either.

I mind when I was wee and this kind of thing would be spread through the playground by a few bairns who had the knack of storytelling and it would put the frighteners up a few others (me) but then those bairns would go home to their parents who would put them straight. Nowadays this pish gets written in red letters on Facebook and otherwise sensible adults would take it as gospel. Terrifying times.

Not only take it as gospel, but share it and say how it had happened to their wee one thus perpetuating the (rather obvious) pish.

I don't understand how these people get through life.

I was out for lunch with some friends a few days ago and the waitress told us, unprompted, about Evil Santa on YouTube Kids. We just kind of nodded. Very strange behaviour. She said she’d reported it to her kids school, not sure if they have the power to shut down YouTube but hey ho.

anyway, I came here to post this, the contrast between the post and what it’s selling is brilliant.

09316963-9B53-4302-BFAE-E9C268EAEDFD.png

On 02/11/2021 at 10:11, velo army said:

The internet is absolute manna for anxious people, or people who aspire to be nervous wrecks.

The idea that a five year old would harm themselves because someone who they called "evil Santa" (and not just Santa) doesn't really stand up to scrutiny either.

I mind when I was wee and this kind of thing would be spread through the playground by a few bairns who had the knack of storytelling and it would put the frighteners up a few others (me) but then those bairns would go home to their parents who would put them straight. Nowadays this pish gets written in red letters on Facebook and otherwise sensible adults would take it as gospel. Terrifying times.

Are you trying to tell me I spent hours every night for months, in a gang, searching for vampires, terrorising the old and lonely for nothing?

51 minutes ago, Sergeant Wilson said:

Are you trying to tell me I spent hours every night for months, in a gang, searching for vampires, terrorising the old and lonely for nothing?

Not for nothing sarge. Sounds like you made some new friends.

This screams bollocks to me. Has all the hallmarks of made up shite.

Including, but not limited to, the fact that airtags would not be disabled by turning off location settings on a phone.

Screenshot_20211123-180536_Facebook.jpg

Edited by Todd_is_God

This screams bollocks to me. Has all the hallmarks of made up shite.
Including, but not limited to, the fact that airtags would not be disabled by turning off location settings on a phone.
Screenshot_20211123-180536_Facebook.thumb.jpg.91f97361da322da5e9b85ebd73fbec02.jpg
What's with the wink after exhaust pipe, is she meaning her arse?

• 2 weeks later...

Tremendous editing work there, Throbs. Callum will thank you for it.

Edit: after actually reading it, is the issue just that there are foreign people around? Seems to be the main concern.

Edited by BFTD