Annoying things people write on Facebook

Geedub-MFC

16 hours ago, Shotgun said:

In case you're having trouble keeping up, this week's profile photo should be changed to show support for Houston.

Thanks, but I'm really not in need of any.

10 hours ago, Sherrif John Bunnell said:

Henry is straying into dangerous territory now.

Capture.PNG.7e491e10a32048de56617fcc0cecf0ef.PNG

So much going on here, from the highs of Henry being called a cockwomble from a joint couple FB account to the low of the bizzare meme at the bottom. Is that suggesting that millennial men are physically not strong enough to lift a bag above their head? I've heard millennials be blamed for a lot of things and branded as mentally weak but that's a knew one.

1 minute ago, TheCelt67 said:

I wish my pals were as fun as those lads.

Its not just how unfunny and moronic they are, i genuinely get concerned with how many young people like pages like the sash bible etc and how much alcohol is glamourised on social media towards impressionable teenagers.

3 minutes ago, throbber said:

Its not just how unfunny and moronic they are, i genuinely get concerned with how many young people like pages like the sash bible etc and how much alcohol is glamourised on social media towards impressionable teenagers.

I'm more concerned about just how short the big lads trousers are.  That's a ridiculous way to be dressing.

2 minutes ago, throbber said:

Yes there is that also. 

To be fair,  we never had LadBibles and whatnot when I was coming up but there was still the 'glamourisation' of booze.  Pages like this certainly don't help the issue but I don't believe they make it any worse.

2 minutes ago, TheCelt67 said:

To be fair,  we never had LadBibles and whatnot when I was coming up but there was still the 'glamourisation' of booze.  Pages like this certainly don't help the issue but I don't believe they make it any worse.

What era were you growing up? I was 2004 when i turned 18 and was living in Glasgow on my own for the first time and completely went to f**k with all the drinking, I definitely had something in my head that told me drinking was cool as f**k and the right thing to do then through other influences but i think the presence of pages like SeshBibles do make it worse for certain youngsters and would have been further motivation for me to want to drink irresponsibly.

2 minutes ago, throbber said:

What era were you growing up? I was 2004 when i turned 18 and was living in Glasgow on my own for the first time and completely went to f**k with all the drinking, I definitely had something in my head that told me drinking was cool as f**k and the right thing to do then through other influences but i think the presence of pages like SeshBibles do make it worse for certain youngsters and would have been further motivation for me to want to drink irresponsibly.

We'll be about the same age mate.  I think it's more to do with our culture in general which is why these pages are so popular.

I'm a few years younger, throbs, although we didn't have these pages or anything yet we did still treat alcohol like it was cool as f**k. We were quite a bad group of mates though. Started drinking "on the streets" as soon as we got to high school, and as you say it escalates. I would only hope enough youngsters see the videos of kids in horrendous states and realise it's not really funny when they can barely speak etc.

1 minute ago, NorthernJambo said:

I'm a few years younger, throbs, although we didn't have these pages or anything yet we did still treat alcohol like it was cool as f**k. We were quite a bad group of mates though. Started drinking "on the streets" as soon as we got to high school, and as you say it escalates. I would only hope enough youngsters see the videos of kids in horrendous states and realise it's not really funny when they can barely speak etc.

I was the same and it was still promoted as cool and normal to bing drink from a young age and it certainly got me in a few states in my younger years and held me back in life! When i think of 18 year olds who i have known since they were kids i get the fear thinking about them being misguided by these sort of pages and thinking that the entire thing is cool as f**k when its just not. I am obviously a hypocrite and have been there and done it all though.

I was the same and it was still promoted as cool and normal to bing drink from a young age and it certainly got me in a few states in my younger years and held me back in life! When i think of 18 year olds who i have known since they were kids i get the fear thinking about them being misguided by these sort of pages and thinking that the entire thing is cool as f**k when its just not. I am obviously a hypocrite and have been there and done it all though.

While I'm not sure it's held me back as such, drinking has certainly cost me a lot of money and probably a relationship or two but that's part of life I think, or at least mine. Would I be happier not drinking or having never drunk? Probably not.
Likewise on the fear front. They all look so young and naive...too young to be in states like that, but like you I'd be hypocritical to criticise. Take Saturday, I was on a day sesh which ended about 9am Sunday morning...

Je ne regrette rien. Only difference was, in my day the cool thing was being able to hold your drink and not behave like a twat. Doing daft things was fine though.

Edited by welshbairn

28 minutes ago, Melanius Mullarkey said:

f**k wot they say as drugs kill u cos its the biggest load of bollocks ive ever heard , ive took drugs for over 40 years and still feel much more alive once ive had a dig, some will say as ur to old or its a teenage thing but i am the living proof that wether im 59 or back to 17 wen i started to take wizz or wether u was off my face on LSD n lost in a field through LSD it was always better to b off ur face and skint than being straight and skint so the thing to do isnt take drugs n die wen u can smoke weed n fly plus smoking weed kills cancer cells n that is a fact or have chemo n die, the government prepare to give chemo cos they make more money the longer it lasts or longer it takes to get rid of it , I hope that on day its compulsart to take drugs and live longer plus drugs keep people younger in mind and actions and mentality just dont become a disgrace and end up addicted to poppy seed waist , if i had the chance to change a part of my life i would b a drug dealer cos i would of eventually seen and and sold better wizz and changed my supply not my .friends but first i wud put back the chemical they took out of the wizz in 1981 and it was worth £16 a gram wen 1 gram kept 4 of my friends up Albright and business was booming and wen i was supplying all bolton wigan and as far away as Scotland n i cant help being proud of it cos every c**t who used drugs was either directly or indirectly gettin off me , it was best business i had

Reveal hidden contents

Image may contain: 1 person

Looking healthy mate.

As for these pages like Sesh Bible etc.. I'm 35 and when I was a teenager everyone read FHM and Loaded which were always full of stories about getting hammered, what booze to drink and what drugs to take. These Facebook pages are just a continuation of that.