Annoying things people write on Facebook

Geedub-MFC

The wean's primary school have been using iPads for a while now, and they seem to start them off with them in Primary 1. I've seem a few of the younger ones bobbing about the halls playing Minecraft or whatever on their own one that they've brought in from home.

Folk who send their kids to school with a bit of kit like that are out of their minds, IMO, and would probably rage at the school if it got broken or nicked, like it's their responsibility.

31 minutes ago, Cardinal Richelieu said:

Without wanting to descend into an iPad vs other tablets debate, surely you can buy perfectly good Android tablets for less than half the price?

If everyone thought like that, Apple would've been humped years ago.

IIRC, they donated at least some of them to the wean's school. Probably a smart bit of indoctrination.

On 20/12/2016 at 18:49, Zetterlund said:

Not an annoying thing someone posted, but an annoying thing facebook itself did. I was just dropping off to sleep last night about 12:10 when my phone went with a facebook notification. Upon checking it, the notification said "John Smith just posted for the first time in a while".

Dafuq? When did it start notifying you of this pish?

The obergruppenführer was probably letting you know about the new season. 

Don't mind the sentiment, but you can guarantee those sharing would be exactly the same sort of arses that would moan like f**k if the shops weren't open on Boxing Day.

I'd just rather something like "please be kind to people working during the holidays" which would be far more reasonable and dignified.

Retail workers seem to think they're some elite group of brave wee souls who see unthinkable things on a daily basis, such as people returning clothes.

Without wanting to descend into an iPad vs other tablets debate, surely you can buy perfectly good Android tablets for less than half the price?

Or kids could stop being anti social wee fucks and get outside and kick a baw or finger some tarts behind a shed

(i dont think this point really refers to yours but the sentiment remains)

Yeah. But she's wanting other folk to buy her kids iPads, not cheaper tablets.

1 hour ago, Zetterlund said:

I didn't realise retail workers worked for free. If only they earned money like the rest of us so that they, too, could buy the things they sell to everyone else.

I know , it's not like they get things such as discounts on the things we buy from them at the shops full price for their efforts of serving us . 

The retail staff thing comes around every year and it's the same shite.  I used to work in retail and had to get a lift from my dad from Dunfermline to catch a megabus at 10am from Dundee on Boxing Day to make my shift at Argos.  Not ideal but it was a busy shift and I got paid for extra work. 

The big thing I've noticed this year is people complaining about places being open on Christmas Day/Boxing Day.

Example - McDonalds posted up that some of their places will be open on Christmas Day and Boxing Day.  Some wonderful comments...

""Should be made to close every bank holiday. All companies should respect their workers"

"Why in god's earth or you open on new years day give your staff a brake best get double pay for that" 

"Still let the people who do celibate it as the holiday it is"

"Slave hours"

Everybody not happy and ignoring the fact that is it motorway and airport restaurants that are opening and nothing else. 

6 minutes ago, The Minertaur said:

The retail staff thing comes around every year and it's the same shite.  I used to work in retail and had to get a lift from my dad from Dunfermline to catch a megabus at 10am from Dundee on Boxing Day to make my shift at Argos.  Not ideal but it was a busy shift and I got paid for extra work. 

The big thing I've noticed this year is people complaining about places being open on Christmas Day/Boxing Day.

Example - McDonalds posted up that some of their places will be open on Christmas Day and Boxing Day.  Some wonderful comments...

""Should be made to close every bank holiday. All companies should respect their workers"

"Why in god's earth or you open on new years day give your staff a brake best get double pay for that" 

"Still let the people who do celibate it as the holiday it is"

"Slave hours"

Everybody not happy and ignoring the fact that is it motorway and airport restaurants that are opening and nothing else. 

Also you can probably guess that most who work have agreed on the basis of decent overtime pay and also many may come from a cultural or religious background which does not celebrate Christmas anyway so are more than happy to work .