Annoying things people write on Facebook

Geedub-MFC

No, but I've got a deep mistrust for any place-name that is pronounced differently to how it looks.

Anyway, I'm away off for a day-trip to Culzean Castle.

^^^ From Strathaven? Or Milngavie, maybe?

The real piss-take is folk who take a random bunch of letters as a name and mock those who can't pronounce it. Featherstonehaugh being one such.

No, but I've got a deep mistrust for any place-name that is pronounced differently to how it looks.

Anyway, I'm away off for a day-trip to Culzean Castle.

I had to deal with a fault for the transport polis in Bicester the other day and the guy started with the "haha that's not how it's pronounced" pish, but I kind of cut him off at the knees, by saying "that's how it's spelt" and continuing to pronounce it that way.

Sure showed him.

I've been to Bicester too. Can remember why I went but there was a nice pub.

Do any other P&Bers have any anecdotes involving going to Bicester for some reason?

I used to drive by the sign on the motorway quite often when I worked down south. I used to think it was pronounced Bi-cester until it got discussed on the Chris Moyles show. Co-incidentally, I was listening to The Chris Moyles show on Radio X for the first time this morning.

If anyone has anymore interesting stories than that then I'd be interested to hear them.

I used to drive by the sign on the motorway quite often when I worked down south. I used to think it was pronounced Bi-cester until it got discussed on the Chris Moyles show. Co-incidentally, I was listening to The Chris Moyles show on Radio X for the first time this morning.

If anyone has anymore interesting stories than that then I'd be interested to hear them.

That was a very interesting anecdote. Thanks for sharing. xoxo

I've been to Bicester too. Can remember why I went but there was a nice pub.

Do any other P&Bers have any anecdotes involving going to Bicester for some reason?

I went to Bicester Village once.

The shops were all posh and had queues outside them to make them look popular. What has to go wrong in your life that would lead to being a bouncer at a cath kidston shop :lol:

I've only just discovered that Bicester is a place and that it isn't pronounced how it's spelled.