Annoying things people write on Facebook

Geedub-MFC

"We will remember them" **

** Actually no, we'll spend the day on Facebook, using Remembrance Sunday as the perfect excuse for attention seeking and as an excuse to police people for wearing/not wearing poppies, with lashings of mock outrage.

A lot of people stretching credibility to give themselves a tie-in to the Berlin Wall coming down. "I sat and watched this on television with friends" etc. My favourite so far has been "I was in France that year. What an amazing time to be there!" Yes, France. Oh, and not even "while it happened" but "that year".

Makes me think of Pie and Bovril's standard disaster response "I was there last week. Could have been me".

A lot of people stretching credibility to give themselves a tie-in to the Berlin Wall coming down. "I sat and watched this on television with friends" etc. My favourite so far has been "I was in France that year. What an amazing time to be there!" Yes, France. Oh, and not even "while it happened" but "that year".

Makes me think of Pie and Bovril's standard disaster response "I was there last week. Could have been me".

i wasnt even born , what a time to not be alive

#lestweforget.... Possibly the most cringeably inappropriate hashtag we've seen since the infamous #4funeralsin2weeks...

And what does it mean exactly? The next time a politician sends the troops to war on a ridiculously flimsy premise, will we "remember" what happened before and take to the streets in protest? Or will we wave the flag and bang the drum and get all teary eyed as we wax lyrical about "our brave boys - heroes all!" What is it we shouldn't forget?

Got someone on mine wishing everyone a "Happy Veterans Day". Apparently she forgot that today was never intended to be a "happy" day.