Annoying things people write on Facebook

Geedub-MFC

Heartbreaking hearing about the shootings in Conneticut. 26 innocent people, including 20 young kids who didn't even get to experience living life to the full. America has to get their act together in regards to their gun laws. Parents dropped their kids off this morning thinking they would be safe, expecting to see them this evening all set for the weekend ahead. Now, they will never get to see them ever again.

My thoughts and prayers go out to all the families affected by this horrible tragedy.

dry.gif we get it, you're the most upset, you win. fucking grief junkie

"You want to know why. This may sound cynical, but here's why. It's because of the way the media reports it. Flip on the news and watch how we treat the Batman theater shooter and the Oregon mall shooter like celebrities. Dylan Klebold and Eric Harris are household names, but do you know the name of a single victim of Columbine? Disturbed people who would otherwise just off themselves in their basements see the news and want to top it by doing something worse, and going out in a memorable way. Why a grade school? Why children? Because he'll be remembered as a horrible monster, instead of a sad nobody. CNN's article says that if the body count 'holds up,' this will rank as the second deadliest shooting behind Virginia Tech, as if statistics somehow make one shooting worse than another. Then they post a video interview of third-graders for all the details of what they saw and heard while the shootings were happening. Fox News has plastered the killer's face on all their reports for hours. Any articles or news stories yet that focus on the victims and ignore the killer's identity? None that I've seen yet. Because they don't sell. So congratulations, sensationalist media, you've just lit the fire for someone to top this and knock off a day care center or a maternity ward next. You can help by forgetting you ever read this man's name, and remembering the name of at least one victim. You can help by donating to mental health research instead of pointing to gun control as the problem. You can help by turning off the news."

This is currently doing the rounds. Apparently said by Morgan Freeman. Although Freeman never said anything of the sort. I asked someone who posted it if they felt that the media was more of a problem than the use of a constitution based on protect against Redcoats and ease of access to guns in these events happening. Fucking morons! rolleyes.gif

A wee girl's "Santa Stop Here" sign was stolen last night, and the mother was on FB first thing this morning telling everyone. Cue every mother friend dusting off her thesaurus to think of new ways to describe the culprit. My favourite was "Bloody thieving lowlive (sic) b*****d scumbags".

I was tempted to wade in with a Partridge-esque "Scum. Sub-human scum", but didn't want to get rumbled and accused of not teaching this catastrophe with the gravitas it deserves.

This is currently doing the rounds. Apparently said by Morgan Freeman. Although Freeman never said anything of the sort. I asked someone who posted it if they felt that the media was more of a problem than the use of a constitution based on protect against Redcoats and ease of access to guns in these events happening. Fucking morons! rolleyes.gif

There is something to be said though for the media creating the sense of the anti-hero and notoriety around these gunmen that commit these crimes. But yeah, it would be far harder for them to carry out the acts if they weren't able to purchase numerous assault rifles and hundreds of ammunition.

A normally sensible chap posted this on my wall...

Your voice will make a difference. Sign the petition.

-PAXP-deijE.gifPETITION: SIGN the Sandy Hook Elementary School National Sympathy CardDashti has invited you to sign a petition on CausesIn the face of yet another senseless act of violence that took the lives of innocent people in America, this time

No it won't.

I posted the rangers lightbulb joke that's doing the rounds, and got told to "shut my fuckin rip" and that "you c***s are aw obsessed wi us, ken why, WE ARE THE PEOPLE!!!" By a rainjurs fan. My response was simple - "naw, you WERE the people".

Couple or Sevco fans on my feed getting hard-ons about this 'story' that's apparently in the papers this morning. Something about corruption. They seem to think there's been some big cover up and the SFA and SPL have been working together to 'kill off Rangers'.

There is something to be said though for the media creating the sense of the anti-hero and notoriety around these gunmen that commit these crimes. But yeah, it would be far harder for them to carry out the acts if they weren't able to purchase numerous assault rifles and hundreds of ammunition.

You're not allowed to say "shit, piss, f**k, c**t, cocksucker, motherfucker, and tits" on television. That could offend the moral sensibilities of the nation.

Just links to a mobile version of my newsfeed.

Ah was hoping it would link to the picture, but basically a lassie on my feed has been threatened to be "knocked out" by someone's ex for accepting his friend request, and it's cringeworthy as hell