Annoying things people write on Facebook

Geedub-MFC

This one is more specific to me, I suspect; but there is a family friend who claims to love animals and owns 2 dogs who constantly posts all these animal rights pictures on facebook. She posts things like gruesome scenes at abattoirs and adds captions like "so u want to eat meat do u", she posted how delighted she was when that abattoir worker in Dumbarton got crushed to death while at work, posts on groups like "ANIMAL FREEDOM FIGHTERS 2k12" with shite like "so proud of u guys keep fightin fox hunting lets show those cruel b*****ds" and so forth.

The hilarious thing is, when sunday dinner at our gran's is on she comes round and has no qualms about eating lamb, steak pie, roast beef, whatever is on, yet on facebook she posts on all these groups as if she's a level 5 vegan (doesn't eat any food that casts a shadow)* and avid animal campaigner, but the reality is she's a lazy hypocrit. I really, really want to pull her up on her bullshit (especially when she posted about the abattoir worker who died, found that galling) but she's batshit insane and I can't be fucked with the aftermath, frankly.

It's especially amusing that she claims to love animals and owns two dogs and a rabbit, yet rarely (if ever) actually takes the poor dogs for walks, and makes her 13-year old daughter do literally almost all the work (cleaning cages, cleaning after the dogs)

*brownie points if you can tell me what show this is from...

If you PM me the name I will add her and throw some abuse in on your behalf?

I had one the other day. A woman at 48 wrote: Just found out I'm going to be a fucking Gran AGAIN because my stupid c**t of a daughter is pregnant, again. Rage lol

My heart bleeds for the grandchildren.

Anything posted by teenage girls

(and before someone tags me as perv material, my step-daughter is on there all the time so I see her posts and her friends' replies)

Most definitely - my cousin's daughter has added me and posts a whole host of shite.

She also seems to like statuses of people who don't seem to be celebrities but who seem to get about a billion 'likes' for posting shit like 'You don't know what you've got until it's gone' and other such words of wisdom. Hidden now, because she was majorly polluting my newsfeed.

Although at least she doesn't check-in every time she goes to bed like another girl I know.

Three people died in a car crash in Cumbernauld today. Pretty tragic by all accounts but the grief merchants are out in force on Facebook this evening.

Rip to the three people killed in a car crash in c'nauld, 2 years ago the exact same happened and the council were supposed to put a crash barrier up, but never did, gbnf♥

GBNF - Gone but not forgotten. You didn't even fucking know them! :huh:

The latest craze is clubs and businesses posting pictures of lottery tickets saying that they will share the money with folk who like their page. F**k. Right. Off.

May just be people on my Facebook but what is it with people who virtually never update their state posting something, and of course tagging themselves, every time they are at a fucking airport. I mean Jesus Christ do some people still think flying is an exclusive thing to do.

Some people do it when going for a shitey week away in Tenerife or something, well done, nobody has done that before.

But more often it is people checking in at random shite locations like Bristol, Leeds/Bradford, etc presumably attempting some sort of one upmanship pish by inferring they somehow have a successful high flying career by going to these places on 'business'. And the lounge, thou must not forget to check in whilst in the fucking lounge. Write some really tedious banal shit about your flight being late, etc. to afford yourself the opportunity to check in when you are in the fucking lounge.

Unless you are quaffing champagne and cavier in the 1st class lounge in an exotic location on the other side of the world then you are not only failing to make anyone think you are important you are making people think you are a twat (in fairness one guy gets this treatment to Seoul on a semi regular basis). But at the end of the day being sent on a training course in Luton is nothing to boast about. And if you are in the lounge in one of these shitty places it means you have collected enoough nectar points, are paying over the odds for a credit card that gets you access or you have the misfortune to be a regular traveller to these griefholes, it by no means mean you are some sort of millionaire executive director.

Just naff off. Rant over.

May just be people on my Facebook but what is it with people who virtually never update their state posting something, and of course tagging themselves, every time they are at a fucking airport. I mean Jesus Christ do some people still think flying is an exclusive thing to do.

Some people do it when going for a shitey week away in Tenerife or something, well done, nobody has done that before.

But more often it is people checking in at random shite locations like Bristol, Leeds/Bradford, etc presumably attempting some sort of one upmanship pish by inferring they somehow have a successful high flying career by going to these places on 'business'. And the lounge, thou must not forget to check in whilst in the fucking lounge. Write some really tedious banal shit about your flight being late, etc. to afford yourself the opportunity to check in when you are in the fucking lounge.

Unless you are quaffing champagne and cavier in the 1st class lounge in an exotic location on the other side of the world then you are not only failing to make anyone think you are important you are making people think you are a twat (in fairness one guy gets this treatment to Seoul on a semi regular basis). But at the end of the day being sent on a training course in Luton is nothing to boast about. And if you are in the lounge in one of these shitty places it means you have collected enoough nectar points, are paying over the odds for a credit card that gets you access or you have the misfortune to be a regular traveller to these griefholes, it by no means mean you are some sort of millionaire executive director.

Just naff off. Rant over.

Totally agree. I had one guy I went to school with tagging himself at Robin Hood airport the other week as he was down on some "Intensive training course". The boy works as a call escalation handler for British Gas or some other faceless company like that. You're not a jet setter, you're a c**t.

When we were getting a coach down to Manchester airport, my sister checked us all in at the bus stop where we were meeting the coach ffs!

A bus station would have been sad enough but this was a fecking random bus stop in Hamilton.

Between pish like this and her posting about my gran dying before i was told about it, I've had enough.

Facebook has now been deleted.

When we were getting a coach down to Manchester airport, my sister checked us all in at the bus stop where we were meeting the coach ffs!

A bus station would have been sad enough but this was a fecking random bus stop in Hamilton.

Between pish like this and her posting about my gran dying before i was told about it, I've had enough.

Facebook has now been deleted.

Dont get me started. I tore the wife to shreds tonight. She "checked in" on the bus. On a road. About 5 minutes away from the house. Oh and she's up the stairs, no speaking to me. Someone she knew died yesterday, and she said "i only saw her last week", to which i responded with "was she dead when you saw her?"

The latest craze is clubs and businesses posting pictures of lottery tickets saying that they will share the money with folk who like their page. F**k. Right. Off.

Genius IMO. Costs them a couple of quid. Gets them a gazillion likes for a "no lose gamble". All of a sudden you're super-popular at the cost of 2 notes.

Annoying aye... but if you insist on being friends with clubs or people who'll sign up for this sort of thing, then don't be surprised at your newsfeed getting filled up by your friends clicking "Like", left right and centre.

I look forward to the first court-case where the "club" wins and the owner of the club/ticket decides to renege on their pledge. Would it be legally enforceable?

Genius IMO. Costs them a couple of quid. Gets them a gazillion likes for a "no lose gamble". All of a sudden you're super-popular at the cost of 2 notes.

Annoying aye... but if you insist on being friends with clubs or people who'll sign up for this sort of thing, then don't be surprised at your newsfeed getting filled up by your friends clicking "Like", left right and centre.

I look forward to the first court-case where the "club" wins and the owner of the club/ticket decides to renege on their pledge. Would it be legally enforceable?

The thing is, I am not friends with any clubs, but anytime one of my friends on Facebook likes a picture put up of a lottery ticket by the Savoy or some other shithole, it comes up on my feed. Not exaggerating, but I must have seen this about ten times yesterday alone.

:lol:

A guy in Kirriemuir did this last year.

He returned home to find that as a result, he'd been broken into and had his flat completely turned over.

One of my friends has just checked into "Tji Fridays". Even if you did get the spelling right, why would you want to advertise the fact you're eating there?

Thank Jesus it's Friday?

Talk about nepotism in the catering trade!