Annoying things people write on Facebook

Geedub-MFC

16 hours ago, DiegoDiego said:
20 hours ago, thistledo said:
I wonder if crap like this is posted on people's Facebook pages in other countries, can't imagine this being the kind of patter from the Danish. Maybe just too many easy targets for bots in the UK. 

The Danes are even better at that sort of nonsense than we are.

16 hours ago, German Jag said:

My Facebook is about 50:50 English:German. The same p!sh gets posted as much in German. Recent example was someone having a rant / demanding that the GEZ (TV licence in Germany) gets binned, with a ‚I bet  no one will dare share‘ at the bottom.

Same with the anti-vaxx stuff. Most of them will also post AfD nonsense as well.  

There are fruitloops in every country. 

Hard to say if that's reassuring or not lads. Feels like a lot of sense of entitlement in the UK. 

• 2 weeks later...
4 hours ago, Virtual Insanity said:

Total bullshit, somewhat unsurprisingly. 

Indeed. It's worrying how many people want to believe this kind of shite: https://www.snopes.com/fact-check/fart-rape/

That could be Facebook's slogan, thinking about it.

Edited by BFTD
Inclusion of "want to"

3 hours ago, BFTD said:

Indeed. It's worrying how many people want to believe this kind of shite: https://www.snopes.com/fact-check/fart-rape/

That could be Facebook's slogan, thinking about it.

The problem with things like this is that not only will some loons on the misogynist right think it's real, but some loons on the feminist left will take it on and argue for it. It's basically what happened when some right wing trolls pretended to be trans lesbians and said that any lesbians who refused to have sex with them were bigots, awaking the horror of Graham Linehan, J.K. Rowling, Joanna Cherry and Bath boy going certifiably insane, to name but a few.

Edited by welshbairn

8 hours ago, ICTChris said:

I’ve noticed increasingly random things in my FB feed. These are the first three adverts in my feed tonight.

A99160EE-0F54-44DC-A67A-73D1A9B5CCAB.png

9E51D726-9FBE-4E7B-837D-1CFB088FC9B9.png

CC0E409C-ECEB-4D3E-A651-829B7C787E6E.png

Aren't these adverts based on your browser history? :ph34r:

5 hours ago, Swarley said:

Aren't these adverts based on your browser history? :ph34r:

I had thought so but I can absolutely assure you I have never googled anything like that.  Apart from the time I caught the clap from a sexy Mennonite who was taken with my chilseled jawline.  Ah.