Annoying things people write on Facebook

Geedub-MFC

Not that it matters, but I've always figured that most people who "delete" Facebook are using the app on their phone, and just say they've "deleted" it because they uninstalled the app. That more-or-less makes sense, although it's usually attention-seeking pish.

If they think they've "deleted" their account, then they're in for a surprise.

12 hours ago, BFTD said:

I noticed that the government are appealing to lovers of piles of stones and chalk markings:

https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-politics-56038085

What baffles me about this is every single day on my local fb groups a dog goes missing, and every single time it's found wandering about in the area, shitting in gardens etc. 

Not once have these dogs been stolen, not once has anyone whose dog has been stolen has posted about it. 

It's always rumours and warnings, yet somehow noone actually gets their dog stolen. 

Fair fucks the article says London, but I'd be willing to bet both my bollocks most of the 300k signatories to the petition heard about dog theft on fb, probably by swarthy blokes speaking foreign. 

Edited by madwullie

12 hours ago, Day of the Lords said:

It must be "Dodgy White Transit Van" season again. Extra points to this dafty for "louring" emoji23.png

Screenshot_20210222-220957_Facebook.jpg

One thing's for sure, when I'm in the mood for surreptitiously following folk, stealing dogs or luring children, I prefer to make myself proper conspicuous by driving around in a van playing loud music. 

22 hours ago, madwullie said:

One thing's for sure, when I'm in the mood for surreptitiously following folk, stealing dogs or luring children, I prefer to make myself proper conspicuous by driving around in a van playing loud music. 

Yep, if I'm stealing dogs I leave pebbles on a step or tie a red tag on a fence post.

I could just do the sensible thing and write the address down but that would make actual sense.

A bit different from the usual here but a former colleague of mine from my days in Turkey has the most incredible Facebook output. He's probably the most well-read person I've ever known but his reactions to news events can often be... unique.

One can shed a tear for the breakup of Daft Punk or one can soberly and serendipitously reflect on the reality that if Portuguese military officer Francisco Manuel Homem Cristo had not been forced into exile (over a political scandal) to France in 1910 his great-great grandson Guy-Manuel de Homem-Christo would never met Thomas Bangalter and started up Daft Punk in the first place. Between the two, I'm on the side of sober and serendipitous reflection. Too much else to cry for anyway.

One can shed a tear for the breakup of Daft Punk or one can soberly and serendipitously reflect on the reality that if Portuguese military officer Francisco Manuel Homem Cristo had not been forced into exile (over a political scandal) to France in 1910 his great-great grandson Guy-Manuel de Homem-Christo would never met Thomas Bangalter and started up Daft Punk in the first place. Between the two, I'm on the side of sober and serendipitous reflection. Too much else to cry for anyway.

^^^Grahame^^^