Annoying things people write on Facebook

Geedub-MFC

On 09/01/2020 at 13:56, Shotgun said:

I know a couple who have been married for over 10 years but tag each other on every...single...post they make.

My sister is a raging Christian and best friends with a married couple in their 40s who have a joint profile. I'll not put their real names but the profile is basically called "MatthewAndTrisha Smith". The fact they are both absolute bams just makes it worse.

On 07/02/2020 at 22:39, ICTChris said:

My power is awesome - try me you'll see.
But if you do, you may never break free.
Just try me once and I might let you go, but try me twice, and I'll own your soul.

If you try me be warned this is no game.
If given the chance, I'll drive you insane.
I'll ravish your body, I'll control your mind.
I'll own you completely; your soul will be mine.

But then it's too late, and you'll know in your heart, that you are mine, and we shall not part.
You'll regret that you tried me, they always do.
But you came to me, not I to you.

I'll be your master; you will be my slave.
I'll even go with you, when you go to your grave.
Now that you have met me, what will you do?
Will you try me or not?
Its all up to you.

I can bring you more misery than words can tell. Come take my hand, let me lead you to hell."

Signed.............

DRUGS emoji26.png

Written no doubt by a wee Christian girl who's just discoved power dynamics make her feel funny and doesn't know what to do about it.

(Ironically I am imagining one daughter of the couple mentioned above, who has recently moved to Hollywood to become an "actress". Appearing on a casting couch near you soon...)

On 19/02/2020 at 22:51, pandarilla said:
On 19/02/2020 at 09:35, Day of the Lords said:
More gammon pish emoji23.pngFB_IMG_1582104884621.jpeg.c258d70765e015b0c095e209853606c9.jpeg

I'm not in any way clued up but it's this definitely not an issue then? Seems like a thing that could be a problem. Or am i missing something obvious?

It's not really an issue because the batteries can hold charge for a lot longer than three hours if they're not being used. Think the latest Teslas can do five or six hours at motorway speeds on a single charge.

55 minutes ago, Margaret Thatcher said:
On 19/02/2020 at 22:51, pandarilla said:

I'm not in any way clued up but it's this definitely not an issue then? Seems like a thing that could be a problem. Or am i missing something obvious?

It's not really an issue because the batteries can hold charge for a lot longer than three hours if they're not being used. Think the latest Teslas can do five or six hours at motorway speeds on a single charge.

The electric circuits (heating, lights, radio, dashboard, etc.) of an electric vehicle run off a standard 12v car battery in exactly the same manner as a combustion engine vehicle. Otherwise, they’d have to redesign every component to take the 200v  - 800v from the battery pack.

The battery pack is primarily used to propel the vehicle, in exactly the same manner as the combustion engine in a combustion engine vehicle, except for a small amount that is diverted to recharge the  standard12v battery as required, in exactly the same manner as a combustion engine vehicle.

So, to summarise, you are no worse off sitting in a traffic jam in an electric vehicle with your heating, lights and radio on than you would be sitting in a traffic jam in a petrol/diesel vehicle with your heating, lights and radio on. All that’s happening in either situation is that the 12v battery is slowly draining, but will be recharged when you start moving again.

Posts about children freezing and needing rescued because they’re in an electric vehicle are simply ignorant scaremongering, which shouldn’t surprise anyone still on Facebook.

Edited by Funky Nosejob

58 minutes ago, Margaret Thatcher said:

a married couple in their 40s who have a joint profile. I'll not put their real names but the profile is basically called "MatthewAndTrisha Smith". The fact they are both absolute bams just makes it worse.

Couples sharing a Facebook profile was one of my entries on the "Calling Cards of Monrons" threads several months ago. I still haven't seen anything to make me change my mind. 

33 minutes ago, Shotgun said:

Couples sharing a Facebook profile was one of my entries on the "Calling Cards of Monrons" threads several months ago. I still haven't seen anything to make me change my mind. 

When I see it I assume either one has been unfaithful, one is madly jealous, or they are both codependent.

The Edinburgh breaking news and crime Facebook had a story up about a guy convicted of taking photographs of children in a swimming pool changing room. One of the comments was not like the other...

IMG_1247.thumb.jpg.175551d83dc9465309a2daa2ed8bc6c8.jpg

I’m more intrigued as to why that guy has the Tesco logo as his picture.

23 hours ago, Funky Nosejob said:

The electric circuits (heating, lights, radio, dashboard, etc.) of an electric vehicle run off a standard 12v car battery in exactly the same manner as a combustion engine vehicle. Otherwise, they’d have to redesign every component to take the 200v  - 800v from the battery pack.

The battery pack is primarily used to propel the vehicle, in exactly the same manner as the combustion engine in a combustion engine vehicle, except for a small amount that is diverted to recharge the  standard12v battery as required, in exactly the same manner as a combustion engine vehicle.

So, to summarise, you are no worse off sitting in a traffic jam in an electric vehicle with your heating, lights and radio on than you would be sitting in a traffic jam in a petrol/diesel vehicle with your heating, lights and radio on. All that’s happening in either situation is that the 12v battery is slowly draining, but will be recharged when you start moving again.

Posts about children freezing and needing rescued because they’re in an electric vehicle are simply ignorant scaremongering, which shouldn’t surprise anyone still on Facebook.

Note quite true, the 12v battery may power the fan for the heating system but the main battery is used to generate the heat* (it may go via the 12V battery).   The major difference between ICE vehicles and electric vehicles is that an electric vehicle produces no heat when it's not moving, and a combustion engine will always generate heat while it is running.

* As usual it's not as simple as that, while an electric car is moving the heating system can draw heat from the components so there is some energy for 'free' here.

The main problem with that article is that when we get to a point when the majority of cars are electric, the ranges will be at least as large as ICE vehicles so running out of battery in the snow will be comparable to running out of petrol.

I've had an amazing day. I posted a pic of my Dad and me on Facebook late last night and I'm overwhelmed by all the positive comments and love for him nearly 20 years since he passed.
Facebook might be full of crap a lot of the time but sometimes it just makes my day!

9 hours ago, Raidernation said:

I've had an amazing day. I posted a pic of my Dad and me on Facebook late last night and I'm overwhelmed by all the positive comments and love for him nearly 20 years since he passed.
Facebook might be full of crap a lot of the time but sometimes it just makes my day!

I have mixed feelings about this. I have been known to get annoyed by the Happy Heavenly Birthday type posts, usually to a gran who never had Facebook etc. But when my mum died in August 2019, when looking through her stuff, I came across an amazing photo of her, my dad and me when I was about 3 years old.  She'd worked with a woman who did  photography on the side, and arranged for her to come over the house and take some pics. It was our old house, Pure early 1980s,and my mum looked glamorous as anything. 

I ended up just taking a picture of it and changing my profile pic to that, and the comments and conversations it sparked from old friends and relatives was one of the only bright spots in an otherwise extremely grim time. I suppose it was also a way of letting people know who I'd want to know but I wasn't really close enough to to call, or didn't feel up for calling, although I didn't think like that at the time. 

Maybe I'm a total hypocrite, or just need to be a bit less cyncical at times, but I totally get where you're coming from mate. 

Edited by madwullie

16 hours ago, Raidernation said:

7 hours ago, madwullie said:

It definitely is incredibly uplifting if you're feeling about low, in the same way that nice anecdotes and comments about the deceased at a funeral can help immensely.  So long as its only occasionally, it's fine.

What rips everybody's knitting is the people who go fishing for compliments on a weekly/daily basis, they need fired into the sun.

1 minute ago, GTG_03 said:

This annoys me no end. Firstly, why does this need to be on Facebook, can't you tell her in person?

Secondly, the use of 'are' is bad enough without managing to even misspell that.

Screenshot_20210209-171433~2.png

Anyone who wishes someone they live with, or will see face to face that day, a happy birthday/anniversary or whatever, on social media,  isn't doing it for that person, they're doing it so that their SM contacts will react.

Also, they're morons.