Annoying things people write on Facebook

Geedub-MFC

Forth Valley police have posted an appeal for witnesses after a deer fawn was found behind Falkirk rugby club in a tree. It had wounds consistent with an attack by a dog.

A lady has replied to ask whether the police have considered the fact it could have been killed by a big cat because they're quite common in Aberdeen and Perth. :huh:

Edited by Rizzo

1 hour ago, Rizzo said:

Forth Valley police have posted an appeal for witnesses after a deer fawn was found behind Falkirk rugby club in a tree. It had wounds consistent with an attack by a dog.

A lady has replied to ask whether the police have considered the fact it could have been killed by a big cat because they're quite common in Aberdeen and Perth. :huh:

I've never heard of deer climbing trees before, was there any evidence of sexual assault and have the rugby players been questioned?

On 15/09/2020 at 11:19, thistledo said:

Is it just me or is there a real uptake of idiots getting involved on pyramid schemes and sharing them on Facebook during lockdown? I don't get such invites, but I regularly hear my missus muttering about "fucking pyramid scheme wankers" 

Would make sense to use Facebook given the hotbed of idiots that would fall for it I guess. 

I feel sorry for these people in a way.

They genuinely think they have set up their own business.

What is frustating is when people I am friends with start spamming their personal IG feed promoting said business. I know what herbalife / scentsy is. I don't need to hear about it every day.

Edited by Todd_is_God

14 hours ago, Todd_is_God said:

I feel sorry for these people in a way.

They genuinely think they have set up their own business.

What is frustating is when people I am friends with start spamming their personal IG feed promoting said business. I know what herbalife / scentsy is. I don't need to hear about it every day.

Herbalife even as a product, let alone the pyramid scheme has been a total scam from day one. Says it all when they now have a lad from Dundee as the CEO 👀

Pyramid scheme types, when they hand over their £5000 to the bloke who promises them their all singing all dancing millionaire business, do they get sent an email with ready made cut-and-paste social media posts in it?

Every single fucker seems to post the same thing; "wow!! this product is amazing!!!!!! Cannot! believe! it!!", "luv running my own business and being my own boss working at home", "love being able to reduce hours at work as this grows full time".

Fast forward eighteen months and the stupid bints are still at their dead end jobs clamouring for overtime to make up for all the money they've tipped down the drain.

Some of them even go back for another try with a different scam, it's incredible.

2 hours ago, Hauzen said:

Pyramid scheme types, when they hand over their £5000 to the bloke who promises them their all singing all dancing millionaire business, do they get sent an email with ready made cut-and-paste social media posts in it?

Every single fucker seems to post the same thing; "wow!! this product is amazing!!!!!! Cannot! believe! it!!", "luv running my own business and being my own boss working at home", "love being able to reduce hours at work as this grows full time".

Fast forward eighteen months and the stupid bints are still at their dead end jobs clamouring for overtime to make up for all the money they've tipped down the drain.

Some of them even go back for another try with a different scam, it's incredible.

My fiancee's pal got into these fucking Candle parties a while back as a rep and suckered a bunch of her friends into attending one. It was basically a few drinks at her house, which then became a surprise sales pitch once everyone had arrived.

She managed to pressure a few into getting involved, but stopped speaking to my other half when she didn't. We were pretty skint at the time and f**k paying £30 for a fucking candle or getting involved with MLM shite. Really poor behaviour on her part. She even sent a couple of FB messages accusing her of not being a true friend and supporting her "business". We rubbered her completely after that.

It turned out her boyfriend had lost his job offshore and they couldn't afford the massive house they were rattling about in, hence the desperate candle party shite. Of course she could have just got a fucking actual job instead of trying to fleece her pals. 

I guess like the old adage, money changes people and not having much made her a bit of a bellend. Absolutely a really shitty way to treat a pal though. I think my missus attended something like that before, only it was a skincare thing, started out under the guise of trial products and see the range and later became a sales pitch. 

The missus worked for one of those "alternative marketing" companies when we lived in Edinburgh selling mostly broadband to vulnerable people. It seemed in a roundabout way like a pyramid scheme, without the up front costs and the promise if you made enough money eventually you'd get to start up your own company, probably punting talk talk broadband or credit cards.

I remember going out to meet some of her colleagues and boss one night, they were more or less all overly enthusiastic wankers chatting in what seemed like code or in jokes. The boss was a bitch as well and fairly cunty towards the staff, eventually shortly after the missus left there was a mass walkout. I checked today and the company was dissolved after a compulsory strike off order, can't say I'm surprised. 

13 hours ago, Hauzen said:

Yes, they literally do. It's fairly horrifying when you read up on it.

I think @Miguel Sanchez has posted links to the r/AntiMLM Reddit before. You'll find a lot of examples in there.

Yes, they literally do. It's fairly horrifying when you read up on it.
I think [mention=17467]Miguel Sanchez[/mention] has posted links to the r/AntiMLM Reddit before. You'll find a lot of examples in there.
I have a look at that Reddit from time to time. The whole MLM thing is fascinating and horrifying. Thankfully it doesn't seem to have gripped people here on the same scale as in Trumpland.

15 hours ago, thistledo said:

I guess like the old adage, money changes people and not having much made her a bit of a bellend. Absolutely a really shitty way to treat a pal though. I think my missus attended something like that before, only it was a skincare thing, started out under the guise of trial products and see the range and later became a sales pitch. 

It was actually having money in the first place that turned her into a bellend tbh. She was fairly tolerable until she met this boy, didn't have to work, bought the large house and instantly became a bit of a snob. The last thing i saw from her on FB was a post ranting about folk on benefits a year or two back when Councils put up Tax on Band D properties and above. It was very "unfair" that folk who had worked hard to buy large properties should be penalised whilst scroungers in Council houses didn't pay anything. The temptation to point out that doing f**k all other than being ridden by a boy with a good job didn't really count as hard work was massive, fortunately for the sake of my own employment I resisted 😂

There was a BBC documentary about these last year that I watched. Think it was "Younique" that was featured. 

The key take away from it was that it's a recruitment business and that you'll make f**k all selling the products. They also more or less instruct you to cut off ties with "negative people" i.e. anyone who refuses to engage. A complete and utter scam, as well as cult.

On 18/09/2020 at 07:34, Day of the Lords said:

Facebook full of gammons spaffing themselves over an 80 year old plane flying over some hospitals. "It won us the war!!!!!111111"

Thanking people who save lives with a flyover from a weapon of war.  Hmm.

On 19/09/2020 at 07:12, Day of the Lords said:

It was actually having money in the first place that turned her into a bellend tbh. She was fairly tolerable until she met this boy, didn't have to work, bought the large house and instantly became a bit of a snob. The last thing i saw from her on FB was a post ranting about folk on benefits a year or two back when Councils put up Tax on Band D properties and above. It was very "unfair" that folk who had worked hard to buy large properties should be penalised whilst scroungers in Council houses didn't pay anything. The temptation to point out that doing f**k all other than being ridden by a boy with a good job didn't really count as hard work was massive, fortunately for the sake of my own employment I resisted 😂

Did the guy become a lot less attractive to her now he was on jobseekers?