Annoying things people write on Facebook

Geedub-MFC

On 11/06/2019 at 20:27, Highland Capital said:

Just seen one person posting how the father of their baby has been telling her how a 6 month birthday isn’t a thing.
But it’s not a thing...

I saw one today for 2 weeks

Wot

1 hour ago, bud1876 said:

Maybe shes taking after the Queen... shes got 2 every year.

Acksherly, Betty gets multiple birthdays.

According to Wikipedia:
Australia - 2nd Monday in June except Western Australia and Queensland who have 2 other birthdays for her.
Canada - Last Monday before the 25th June.
Fiji - 12 June
New Zealand - First Monday in June
Cook Islands, Papua New Guinea and the Solomon Islands - 2nd Monday of June
Tuvalu - 2nd Saturday in June
Saint Kitts and Nevis - Different dates each year
...and that's on top of her UK 2nd birthday, on 2nd Saturday in June AND her real birthday in April.

Must be a frickin' nightmare trying to think what gift to buy her 11 times a year for 90 odd years and climbing. How many sets of embroidered hankies can she use?

My gf's niece will be having a "Half-birthday" party next week. Her birthday is on Xmas day, which is a fucker for arranging a kids party.
At the risk of incurring the wrath of P&B, I am in support of this, especially given her maw insists this is the only time it will ever happen.

Both myself and my granddaughter are Christmas birthdays, never had a problem with parties

1 hour ago, The OP said:

Facebook is pretty much a write-off on father’s day.

Indeed. If my life ever gets to the point where I'm so desperate for attention that I post a message to my dead Dad on Facebook; I'll hope one of you loves me enough to take a shovel to the back of my head.

Facebook has been absolute gold this last few days, with folk utterly seething that the UK's richest demographic by far will have to pay £12 a month for a TV Licence, the usual father's day shite and the Jo Brand joke. 

My favourite however was on the our town's local page where someone's cat fucked off for a couple of days. The entire town was seemingly on high alert and it turned out some old guy was feeding it for a day or two. Cue the cat owner having a meltdown about it it, actually calling the Police and her equally vacant friends saying this was "theft" :lol: There's a post about this fucking cat every week. She's usually moaning about it buggering off and folk feeding it. Obvs actually taking some responsibility for her own pet hasn't crossed her mind at any point. 

Went on Facebook yesterday morning and the first 2 posts were people wishing their Dad a happy Fathers day despite them not being on Facebook.

What's the point of that? Go see him/give him a call and stop looking for likes on Facebook.

7 hours ago, jupe1407 said:

Facebook has been absolute gold this last few days, with folk utterly seething that the UK's richest demographic by far will have to pay £12 a month for a TV Licence, the usual father's day shite and the Jo Brand joke. 

My favourite however was on the our town's local page where someone's cat fucked off for a couple of days. The entire town was seemingly on high alert and it turned out some old guy was feeding it for a day or two. Cue the cat owner having a meltdown about it it, actually calling the Police and her equally vacant friends saying this was "theft" :lol: There's a post about this fucking cat every week. She's usually moaning about it buggering off and folk feeding it. Obvs actually taking some responsibility for her own pet hasn't crossed her mind at any point. 

I pointed out the richest demographic thing to someone. It didn’t go down well.

Notice it's the same suspects every year. The same ones who post on remembrance Day telling us all how they are thinking about our fallen heroes.

What did these people used to do before FB gave them a platform for the look at me stuff?

7 hours ago, ArabGaz said:

It was a big weekend for attention seeking what with it being Tough Mudder as well.

I guessed as much - was out with Mrs and she asked "what is Tough Mudder" and said various friends of her appeared to be doing it in some clamour for attention. 

3 hours ago, Gaz FFC said:

Notice it's the same suspects every year. The same ones who post on remembrance Day telling us all how they are thinking about our fallen heroes.

What did these people used to do before FB gave them a platform for the look at me stuff?

And on election day, tell us that they voted.