Annoying things people write on Facebook

Geedub-MFC

Someone is missing the bus station
An eerie silence,I can’t comprehend
Alone with my thoughts I just cannot pretend
And even though people are going about
The silence is deafening of that there’s no doubt.
A silence that covers this place here long gone
It’s a shame it’s neglected, just what have they done
While buses run by, up the road far beyond
I venture down here with my memories still fond.
The lights make it brighter, but not many to see
The past bustling activity, that here used to be
While the birds in the sky in the background look on
At the overflowed bins, but all said and done.
It only accentuates the feeling of loss
Neglected, abandoned, no one gives a toss
I stand and I ponder, how its all come to this
But progress moves on and this place I still miss.
But the memories are all set in stone and we know
The situation still remains as the status quo.
Lorna Johnston.

6 hours ago, ajwffc said:

Someone is missing the bus station
An eerie silence,I can’t comprehend
Alone with my thoughts I just cannot pretend
And even though people are going about
The silence is deafening of that there’s no doubt.
A silence that covers this place here long gone
It’s a shame it’s neglected, just what have they done
While buses run by, up the road far beyond
I venture down here with my memories still fond.
The lights make it brighter, but not many to see
The past bustling activity, that here used to be
While the birds in the sky in the background look on
At the overflowed bins, but all said and done.
It only accentuates the feeling of loss
Neglected, abandoned, no one gives a toss
I stand and I ponder, how its all come to this
But progress moves on and this place I still miss.
But the memories are all set in stone and we know
The situation still remains as the status quo.
Lorna Johnston.

A grim return to form for LJ here.  All her stuff is about loss, and time moving on without her - bit of a shame really.

2 hours ago, TheCelt67 said:

Not content with going after poppies and our brave veterans, it now seems Facebook is after baby Jesus. 

There's an interesting sociological study to be had around these incessant "Facebook wants to ban this picture because it's "offensive"" memes. I used to have a lass on my FB who could barely let a week go by without insisting we all "share the heck" out of a photo of British troops, war graves or poppy displays that Facebook were allegedly trying to take down.

However, I'm not talking about the cretins who share this crap, they're just perma-victims looking for something about which to be outraged. No, I'm referring to whomever created them in the first place. Somebody, somewhere took time out of their day to find that nativity scene image, type or copyapasta the text and set it off on its way. Who are these people? Tommy Robinson types looking to foment hatred against completely innocent people? Or just sad wee shit-stirring trolls who enjoy getting people riled up over non-existent issues.

Inquiring minds want to know. 

They are sometimes correct in saying that Facebook is trying to take the picture down (the one with the family standing at WWI grave with a ghost of a soldier whit them is one). But it has nothing to do with it offending anyone but the copyright owner of the picture not wanting it used that way.

59 minutes ago, Shotgun said:

There's an interesting sociological study to be had around these incessant "Facebook wants to ban this picture because it's "offensive"" memes. I used to have a lass on my FB who could barely let a week go by without insisting we all "share the heck" out of a photo of British troops, war graves or poppy displays that Facebook were allegedly trying to take down.

However, I'm not talking about the cretins who share this crap, they're just perma-victims looking for something about which to be outraged. No, I'm referring to whomever created them in the first place. Somebody, somewhere took time out of their day to find that nativity scene image, type or copyapasta the text and set it off on its way. Who are these people? Tommy Robinson types looking to foment hatred against completely innocent people? Or just sad wee shit-stirring trolls who enjoy getting people riled up over non-existent issues.

It's the Russians. They hate our freedom, and want to make us all angry.

1 hour ago, Shotgun said:

It's the same with those who share pictures of disabled people and/or cancer victims with captions like "my friends say noone will find me beautiful because I have cancer. Share this to prove them wrong".  Weirdo attention seeking at its best. 

On 15/12/2018 at 16:25, Shotgun said:

In a nutshell probably why many voted for Brexit.

Not the posts you quote but the sharing by idiots that foreigners are coming here and getting everything going whilst our own can't get a house and a bed in the hospital.

Probably the original source of that crap was the Daily Mail though.

On 16/12/2018 at 01:41, TheCelt67 said:

It's the same with those who share pictures of disabled people and/or cancer victims with captions like "my friends say noone will find me beautiful because I have cancer. Share this to prove them wrong".  Weirdo attention seeking at its best. 

97% of people won't share this.