Annoying things people write on Facebook

Geedub-MFC

Liking the posts from folk saying that 2016 is the worst year ever. Whilst I wasn't around at the time I suspect that the 1940s weren't exactly a great time to be alive.

I think there's a difference between thinking "oh, that's a shame" and actively posting your grief with hyperbolic nonsense like "devastated" and "in tears", especially when, often, the poster has never expressed the slightest interest in said performer before they were sans-pulse.

I think there's a difference between thinking "oh, that's a shame" and actively posting your grief with hyperbolic nonsense like "devastated" and "in tears", especially when, often, the poster has never expressed the slightest interest in said performer before they were sans-pulse.

Tell you what, I'll do a list of people whose death would upset me and upload it somewhere, just to satisfy the fucking grief police.

3 hours ago, Sarto Mutiny said:

Tell you what, I'll do a list of people whose death would upset me and upload it somewhere, just to satisfy the fucking grief police.

Clearly the death of George Michael has upset this poster greatly.

I find people who go on about how much they don't care way more tedious than any of the 'grief junkies'. If there is no musician, actor, artist etc whose death would upset you, your life must be pretty fucking empty.

There are undoubtedly many fans who are genuinely shocked and upset at news like this. But he majority of public grief is far from genuine.

It's absolutely empty and pathetic. People need to be called out for it (despite the difficulty in working out who is genuine and who is not).

7 hours ago, Sarto Mutiny said:

I find people who go on about how much they don't care way more tedious than any of the 'grief junkies'. If there is no musician, actor, artist etc whose death would upset you, your life must be pretty fucking empty.

This is an absolutely alien point of view.  I can't even understand why a celebrity dying would make someone who is a complete stranger to them upset.  

I like Joy Division's music. Annoyingly Ian Curtis is already dead.

I'm belatedly gutted though.