Annoying things people write on Facebook

Geedub-MFC

I was out for a wander through Kirkintilloch on Sunday and at the war memorial the wreaths were stilling lying in a heap. One from the local council and one from the local lodge were prominent.

What a disgrace :angry:

Wtf possessed you to come here at all never mind on a Sunday :lol:

12792177_991938167521727_728053273285014

If I saw that swivel-eyed loon anywhere near a school I'd attempt a citizen's arrest. Unless he was armed, because then he'd be no threat to the youngsters.

Veterans are like Jebus in the US, if you don't big them up you're pretty un-American. But the suggestion is that the protectors are to be drawn from that part of the veteran universe that is unemployed, biasing the sample further towards having lower judgement and skills than average, while still coming from a background that puts its faith in the power of weapons to resolve things in a good way. Magical thinking.

For every fiver the bad guys spend on ammo, we'll spend a tenner.

If I saw that swivel-eyed loon anywhere near a school I'd attempt a citizen's arrest. Unless he was armed, because then he'd be no threat to the youngsters. Veterans are like Jebus in the US, if you don't big them up you're pretty un-American. But the suggestion is that the protectors are to be drawn from that part of the veteran universe that is unemployed, biasing the sample further towards having lower judgement and skills than average, while still coming from a background that puts its faith in the power of weapons to resolve things in a good way. Magical thinking. For every fiver the bad guys spend on ammo, we'll spend a tenner.

All veterans in the US are revered, until they are seen begging on the streets and living on the subway...

All veterans in the US are revered, until they are seen begging on the streets and living on the subway...

We love our troops up to the point where it requires us to actually do something.

At least, something beyond placing our hands on our hearts while the national anthem plays at sporting events, being abusive to people who aren't pro-war or displaying a bumper sticker saying "Support our Troops."

but they then will go on Facebook and Twitter to complain that the government will not help them