Mario Bib-lotelli

Div

So he was their best attacker?

Zidane got a lot of ridiculous red cards, I take it you would have advised Real Madrid to get shot of him too?

To say he was the best attacker out of a toothless attack, Yeah, Ok, Lets say he was, he was still very poor and again showed a severe lack of discipline.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

To say he was the best attacker out of a toothless attack, Yeah, Ok, Lets say he was, he was still very poor and again showed a severe lack of discipline.

Very poor?

In what way was he very poor? He outperformed Aguero!

Poor in comparison to who? I would say he had a better game than RVP, for example.

City looked absolutely devoid of ideas today, nasri, aguero and balotelli were awful with the latter proving once again he doesn't have the professionalism or discipline required. Mancini was brutally honest when asked about balotelli, he risks losing it all if he doesn't screw the nut.

Balotelli was probably Man City's most dangerous player on the rare occasions when they crossed the half-way line, but that wasn't saying a lot given the dreadful showings from Nasri and Aguero. He sold his full-back short on plenty of occasions in the second half though. Sagna and Walcott were getting two-on-ones against Clichy for most of the second half until Mancini brought Kolarov on and switched Balotelli across to the right. His defensive discipline isn't usually too bad, but I thought he let his team down in that respect today.

The red card was more or less an irrelevance, and I actually thought that the second yellow was slightly harsh. He should have been off long before then though. He should definitely have had a straight red for the challenge on Song, and there were at least three other occasions where he could have picked up a yellow card.

You're just making it up as you go along.

Zidane had a perchance for ludicrous sendings off, as did Maradona, as did Gascgoine. It's the risk you take with these outstanding talents and Balotelli is an outstanding talent.

His attitude does need to improve, undoubtedly, and it will with time but on the pitch? My god, he's a fucking fantastic player. And City will keep him - as long as Mancini is there so will Balotelli.

The media have the knives out for him, but he can deal with it.

That you are even mentioning Balotelli in the same sentence as Zinedine Zidane and Diego Maradona, just beggars belief.

He is a good player, a very good player, however he's not even on the same planet as the first two you mentioned. I hardly think the media have the knives out for him, he was the darling of the press a few months back. Portrayed as a loveable eccentric. He deserves every negative word written about him today after that first challenge today.

City looked absolutely devoid of ideas today, nasri, aguero and balotelli were awful with the latter proving once again he doesn't have the professionalism or discipline required. Mancini was brutally honest when asked about balotelli, he risks losing it all if he doesn't screw the nut.

Mancinis quote have been taken well out of proportion, he still sees a big future for Balotelli at City.

That you are even mentioning Balotelli in the same sentence as Zinedine Zidane and Diego Maradona, just beggars belief.

He is a good player, a very good player, however he's not even on the same planet as the first two you mentioned. I hardly think the media have the knives out for him, he was the darling of the press a few months back. Portrayed as a loveable eccentric. He deserves every negative word written about him today after that first challenge today.

There's no doubt he has outstanding potential and can certainly emulate Zidane who had achieved nothing when he was Balotellis age - or for years after. You'll struggle to find a more naturally gifted 21 year old than Mario, he really is a superb talent.

Nonsense, the press have always had it out for him. He attracts too many "headlines" because the press repeatedly make up stories about him, then criticise him for making too many headlines!

Mancinis quote have been taken well out of proportion, he still sees a big future for Balotelli at City.

There's no doubt he has outstanding potential and can certainly emulate Zidane who had achieved nothing when he was Balotellis age - or for years after. You'll struggle to find a more naturally gifted 21 year old than Mario, he really is a superb talent.

Nonsense, the press have always had it out for him. He attracts too many "headlines" because the press repeatedly make up stories about him, then criticise him for making too many headlines!

This should be good. Go on then.

Balotelli is an utter knob. I can't ever remember agreeing with much that Jamie Redknapp says but he is spot on about this clown.

It will be interesting to see if Mancini takes Balotelli to his next club. Can't see either of them at City long term..

Very poor?

In what way was he very poor? He outperformed Aguero!

Poor in comparison to who? I would say he had a better game than RVP, for example.

Considering Aguero done pretty much nothing I wouldn't have said that was too hard. So he outperfomed RVP? RVP had a header cleared off the line by his own player and struck the post with another, he also showed how clinical he is when he was flagged offside then slotted the ball past Hart.

On my twitter feed yesterday, Opta reported that Balotelli had 1 blocked shot and only completed 11 passes the whole game and should have been sent off for the shocking challenge on Song.

So how did Balotelli out perform RVP in your view?

Balotelli is a good player with excellent potential but footballing ability is only part of what makes a successful footballer. If you were Italy manager would you take him to the Euros? He's probably the best striker Italy have at the moment but I think you'd probably say "no" and that's probably what will happen. The guy is a liability to any team he is in and to himself. Until he can perform with the discipline required to be a winner then he is going to continue to sabotage his own career and the prospects of any team he is involved in.

Manchester City's collapse isn't entirely Balotelli's fault but his antics on and off the pitch have contributed.

The current Manchester Utd side is not a great one, but they will win the Premiership at a canter now on hard work, focus, discipline. It might not be amusing or fun but that's how you win things, especially at the very top level.

Manchester City need to clear out the trouble makers during the summer if they want to have a chance of winning a title and that means Balotelli and Tevez are removed from the squad, regardless of their transfer worth or footballing prowess.

In what world does Balotelli get all this grief after the season he has had and Tevez seems to be getting very little at the moment.

Sure he was poor yesterday but wasn't every Man City player except Kompany and Lescott? Most observers could see Mancini should have hooked him before he got himself sent off but he didn't because he knew Balotelli was his best chance of getting a goal.

Balotelli's discipline is clearly a problem but he's a young player that will surely mature at some point. Dzeko has gone missing and Tevez's actions were a disgrace earlier in the season so Aguero and Balotelli have carried the attack until recently.

Balotelli has been a talking point all season yet the press seem hell bent on driving him out of England - they would miss him if he does depart.

Seriously!?

It's well known the press - repeatedly - make up stories about him.

There was even a fucking quiz about it:

http://www.guardian....ester-city-quiz

Are you seriously trying to suggest that all of the 'rumours' printed in that Guardian quiz, weren't for the sake of beefing out a light hearted quiz and were in fact printed as stroies in the press?! One of them said he tried to plant a tree in place of a corner flag FFS.

Also, for someone that the press have it in for, bunging a tramp £1,000 and giving bullies a telling off for mercilessly taunting another child are both hardly painting him in the bad light you seem to believe.

Balotelli was probably Man City's most dangerous player on the rare occasions when they crossed the half-way line, but that wasn't saying a lot given the dreadful showings from Nasri and Aguero. He sold his full-back short on plenty of occasions in the second half though. Sagna and Walcott were getting two-on-ones against Clichy for most of the second half until Mancini brought Kolarov on and switched Balotelli across to the right. His defensive discipline isn't usually too bad, but I thought he let his team down in that respect today.

The red card was more or less an irrelevance, and I actually thought that the second yellow was slightly harsh. He should have been off long before then though. He should definitely have had a straight red for the challenge on Song, and there were at least three other occasions where he could have picked up a yellow card.

100% spot on.

Are we last bastions of sanity on this earth?

Balotelli is an utter knob. I can't ever remember agreeing with much that Jamie Redknapp says but he is spot on about this clown.

It will be interesting to see if Mancini takes Balotelli to his next club. Can't see either of them at City long term..

Both of them will be at City next season, I'm almost certain of it.

They are both too good to get rid of.

Considering Aguero done pretty much nothing I wouldn't have said that was too hard. So he outperfomed RVP? RVP had a header cleared off the line by his own player and struck the post with another, he also showed how clinical he is when he was flagged offside then slotted the ball past Hart.

On my twitter feed yesterday, Opta reported that Balotelli had 1 blocked shot and only completed 11 passes the whole game and should have been sent off for the shocking challenge on Song.

So how did Balotelli out perform RVP in your view?

RvP did nothing in the game, he was totally ineffectual. And citing an offside goal as good play - laugh.gif

As I've said, he was Citys primary attacking threat with driving runs and winning free kicks in dangerous position. RvP went missing, just like he was in both games against Milan - even when he scored in the second with a penalty he was piss poor.

Balotelli is a good player with excellent potential but footballing ability is only part of what makes a successful footballer. If you were Italy manager would you take him to the Euros? He's probably the best striker Italy have at the moment but I think you'd probably say "no" and that's probably what will happen. The guy is a liability to any team he is in and to himself. Until he can perform with the discipline required to be a winner then he is going to continue to sabotage his own career and the prospects of any team he is involved in.

Manchester City's collapse isn't entirely Balotelli's fault but his antics on and off the pitch have contributed.

The current Manchester Utd side is not a great one, but they will win the Premiership at a canter now on hard work, focus, discipline. It might not be amusing or fun but that's how you win things, especially at the very top level.

Manchester City need to clear out the trouble makers during the summer if they want to have a chance of winning a title and that means Balotelli and Tevez are removed from the squad, regardless of their transfer worth or footballing prowess.

What antics on the pitch prior to this game contributed to their "collapse"? He was sent off at a completely meaningless part of the game.

As I said, there is very little chance Balotelli will leave City. He's just too good.

In what world does Balotelli get all this grief after the season he has had and Tevez seems to be getting very little at the moment.

Sure he was poor yesterday but wasn't every Man City player except Kompany and Lescott? Most observers could see Mancini should have hooked him before he got himself sent off but he didn't because he knew Balotelli was his best chance of getting a goal.

Balotelli's discipline is clearly a problem but he's a young player that will surely mature at some point. Dzeko has gone missing and Tevez's actions were a disgrace earlier in the season so Aguero and Balotelli have carried the attack until recently.

Balotelli has been a talking point all season yet the press seem hell bent on driving him out of England - they would miss him if he does depart.

Nope, he wasn't/ As we have already discussed.

Your final point is spot on though, they hate him just like they hated Robinho. Grrr foreigners, bring back average shit like Milner and Johnson.

Are you seriously trying to suggest that all of the 'rumours' printed in that Guardian quiz, weren't for the sake of beefing out a light hearted quiz and were in fact printed as stroies in the press?! One of them said he tried to plant a tree in place of a corner flag FFS.

Also, for someone that the press have it in for, bunging a tramp £1,000 and giving bullies a telling off for mercilessly taunting another child are both hardly painting him in the bad light you seem to believe.

No I'm not suggesting that, but to suggest that no stories about him have been made is complete nonsense. Are you following this at all? How can you even dispute that.

Can you find me articles that prove the sun is hot?

He's box office, they build him up so they can bring him down. Even those stories are tinged with "he makes too many headlines" - you are the ones fucking writing them.

He'll come back next season stronger and a better player and it will be a joy to behold. Man City would be insane to get rid of him.

Oh and :

When he was being interviewed on Football Focus he denied ever doing most of the stuff that was reported.

Link: http://www.bbc.co.uk...otball/17288648

Good enough?

RvP did nothing in the game, he was totally ineffectual.

:lol:

So hitting the post and being unlucky in your own team mate clearing what would have been a superb header off the line is doing nothing. :lol:

Tell me what Balotelli did that in your eyes that made him have a better game than RVP in your eyes please.

:lol:

So hitting the post and being unlucky in your own team mate clearing what would have been a superb header off the line is doing nothing. :lol:

Tell me what Balotelli did that in your eyes that made him have a better game than RVP in your eyes please.

Er, I've already answered that question wacko.gif

You've totally lost it here, maybe you should report to the moderators again,.

But he scored an offside goal!!111 Really stupid going offside in the first place, it's the kind of naivety you'd expect from Walcott - who was also less effective than Balotelli in the game.

Mancini won't try and get rid of Balotelli. He is using it to try and motivate him. He said after the Sunderland game that he nearly took him off after 5 minutes, but then he played the whole 90.

Mancini will be sacked at the end of the season anyway so it doesn't matter. If Mourinho takes charge then there is no future there for him.

Archived