Mario Bib-lotelli

Div

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Aren't friendlies supposed to be entertaining? Isn't he just having a bit of fun? Is that a problem?

Well, yeah. If someone did that against Morton, I'd have a good laugh about it. I'd probably even say "at least he tried something". I don't get the uproar over this. If this happened in a normal game, I'd be slating Balotelli just like lots of people seem to be.

Hanging onto a 1-0 lead in a friendly. OH NOES!!! I wonder if they'll ever recover from a crushing result against LA Galaxy.

At the end of the day, he tried something to entertain the crowd in a meaningless shitty game and it backfired. Mancini's hissy fit was amazing and if it was any other player, it would be Mancini's reaction people would be talking about today.

At the end of the day, he tried something to entertain the crowd in a meaningless shitty game.

Well it didn't work :lol:, even the LA Galaxy fans were booing him for it. I'd be more entertained seeing him lashing it into the roof of the net rather than trying something that you'd usually see at a fives game.

even the LA Galaxy fans were booing him for it.

A bunch of stupid Americans getting on their high horse over nothing? Never heard of that happening before.

I'd be more entertained seeing him lashing it into the roof of the net rather than trying something that you'd usually see at a fives game.

I was more entertained watching him make a complete tit of himself, and with the added bonus of Mancini's hissy fit, it was far more entertaining than the goal would have been.

He wasn't nearly offside and it's not as if he was shocked when he knew he wasn't offside :lol: Maybe it would be acceptable if they were a couple of goals up and cruising but not when the team is only hanging on to a 1-0 lead.

Edin Dzeko's reaction said it all :lol:

Actually there's a clear whistle goes as he's approaching the ball and he immediately looks up towards the linesman to see the flag after so chances are he thought he was offside.

Football fans honestly infuriate me sometimes, whining and complaining about agricultural kick-and-run football, but then when somebody does try something different in a FRIENDLY all of a sudden it's a disgrace and disrespectful to football.

Someone in the Football365 mailbox compared it to when Ronnie O'Sullivan broke on to the scene and switched to playing left-handed during a game, there was the ineviatable pious uproar and he was told if he couldn't win a game against a recently retired pro playing completely left-handed he'd be fined. Went on and won every single frame and the complaints were dropped.

Let talent express itself, it's entertaining, who cares if it didn't work, at least he had the balls to try it.

If Rooney tried this it would be something along the lines of..... genius what an effort it's like he's still playing in the car park!!!! :-)

But Rooney wouldn't try doing something like that.

But Rooney wouldn't try doing something like that.

You can't say that for certain just because he hasn't done it dosent mean he won't! It was only a friendly everyone knows their about fitness not scorelines

Mancini is coming across as a total cock about this.

I disagree. I imagine Mancini is wanting his players to show him why they should be in the starting line up when the season starts, and that they have desire and ability. If he is playing like that he doesn't seem to care about impressing Mancini. Also, I don't believe Balotelli actually thought he was offside.

Man City have gone to tour the USA, I assume so that they can break into the US market and generate even more money, however this kind of action won't be very popular over there and will most likely lose them fans they could have made in the US. I'm not saying fans should hate him/City for it, however American sports fans expect athletes to be giving it their all at all times and this won't be popular there.

I disagree. I imagine Mancini is wanting his players to show him why they should be in the starting line up when the season starts, and that they have desire and ability. If he is playing like that he doesn't seem to care about impressing Mancini. Also, I don't believe Balotelli actually thought he was offside.

Man City have gone to tour the USA, I assume so that they can break into the US market and generate even more money, however this kind of action won't be very popular over there and will most likely lose them fans they could have made in the US. I'm not saying fans should hate him/City for it, however American sports fans expect athletes to be giving it their all at all times and this won't be popular there.

I think he believed he was onside and thought he heard a whistle, hence the half hearted backheel. He doesn't look at all bothered at first and then a bit surprised by the reaction

The word American is superfluous there. Half arsed performances - in pre-season or competitive games - are unacceptable. Look at his team-mate. He can barely hide his disgust with the player.

The word American is superfluous there. Half arsed performances - in pre-season or competitive games - are unacceptable. Look at his team-mate. He can barely hide his disgust with the player.

I agree but judging by the comments on here it seems people here don't mind.

I also don't see what the big fuss is about, so what he tried a back-heel which wasn't likely to come off, even if he didn't think he was offside, it's a friendly. Imagine if no one tried anything audacious, some of the best goals ever would never have happened, like van Basten, Roberto Carlos' free-kick against France, the list goes on. 'Mon Mario!

I also don't see what the big fuss is about, so what he tried a back-heel which wasn't likely to come off, even if he didn't think he was offside, it's a friendly. Imagine if no one tried anything audacious, some of the best goals ever would never have happened, like van Basten, Roberto Carlos' free-kick against France, the list goes on. 'Mon Mario!

k

Archived