Mario Bib-lotelli

Div

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Dzeko has scored a goal every 209.2 minutes for Man City. Balotelli has scored a goal every 160.7 minutes.

Dzeko has had one yellow card. Balotelli has had ten yellow cards and two red cards.

Is Dzeko really that much more of a flop than Balotelli? I would say no.

That's because he's a nutcase.

He's great entertainment.

Thats because he is a twat!

Edit: Damn, Fudge you beat me to it.

The two things are not the same

No idea why everyone dislikes Mario, He's such a lad.

Jealously. Football needs characters, he's like Gazza but not as fat.

Dzeko has scored a goal every 209.2 minutes for Man City. Balotelli has scored a goal every 160.7 minutes.

Dzeko has had one yellow card. Balotelli has had ten yellow cards and two red cards.

Is Dzeko really that much more of a flop than Balotelli? I would say no.

Why do people always bring up disciplinary record with Balotelli but no one else? He's played far more games, you calculate minutes but will not display games? Talk about shameful holding back of data laugh.gif

I don't really think either is a flop, Dzeko needs more time but Balotelli certainly hasn't been a flop and has had a better start to his City career than Dzeko. That much is indisputable.

Why do people always bring up disciplinary record with Balotelli but no one else? He's played far more games, you calculate minutes but will not display games? Talk about shameful holding back of data laugh.gif

Surely minutes is the most relevant measure of how much football a player has actually played?

Unless you're suggesting that a player who started ten games and was subbed at half-time each time deserves a like-for-like comparison with a player who starts ten games and plays the full 90?

Surely minutes is the most relevant measure of how much football a player has actually played?

Unless you're suggesting that a player who started ten games and was subbed at half-time each time deserves a like-for-like comparison with a player who starts ten games and plays the full 90?

For goals scored, certainly. But if you are going to bring in disciplinary record then why not point out how many actual games each player has played?

I applaud your calculation of minutes per goal scored.

For goals scored, certainly. But if you are going to bring in disciplinary record then why not point out how many actual games each player has played?

Because again it's the fairest way of making a like-for-like comparison between two players. Why wouldn't it be a valid basis for a goals comparison but not a disciplinary one?

I applaud your calculation of minutes per goal scored.

Aw, shucks :D

Because again it's the fairest way of making a like-for-like comparison between two players. Why wouldn't it be a valid basis for a goals comparison but not a disciplinary one?

Aw, shucks :D

Right, two points:

1) Goals is an infinitely better comparison for a forward than yellow cards.

2) I don't know how clear this has been, but cards without context (i.e. cards per minute or cards per game) is pretty worthless. You have calculated goals per minute, fair enough, but why not provide cards per game? A far easier thing to calculate. Balotelli has played far more games and it's only natural he is going to get a few more cards.

And it's a bit disingenuous if you are counting two yellow cards in a game and then the red card.

No doubt he 'worked hard' and 'played well'.

A standard description of his performances when he does'nt hit the net (which is happening a lot more often now).

Also I'm pretty sure we can put that down as a game where he was deployed as an out and out centre forward.

It was unfortunate that he could'nt score against one of the poorest defences in the PL, let's wait with baited breath and see if he can manage to knock one in against West Ham next week who have a worse defensive record than Blackburn and stop the rot moving into double figures in games.

He's great entertainment.

The two things are not the same but I am enjoying 'a disabled kids attempt at WUMing'.

Now that's not a very nice thing to say. I hope to have an apology for the above statement.

I didn't see the game so I don't know how he played.

Or as talented.

He has already won a Serie A title* and a Champions League winners medal, two things Gascgoine failed to do in the entirety of his career and in Inter Milan has already played for a team bigger than anyone Gascgoine ever played for.

Talent is always going to be subjective, but in terms of career there is no comparison, and Balotelli is still only 20.

Now that's not a very nice thing to say. I hope to have an apology for the above statement.

You are the one who is doing it, I am just pointing it out.

*The best Gascgoine could do was two SPL titles with Rangers right in the middle of '9 in a row'.

He has already won a Serie A title* and a Champions League winners medal, two things Gascgoine failed to do in the entirety of his career and in Inter Milan has already played for a team bigger than anyone Gascgoine ever played for.

Djimi Traore has a Champions League medal.

Talent is always going to be subjective, but in terms of career there is no comparison, and Balotelli is still only 20.

Very debateable. Gascoigne lit up the 1990 World Cup (making the FIFA Team of the tournament) and also had an excellent 1996 European Championships with England.

In terms of talent there is no comparison. Gascoigne is one of the most talented footballers in world football, of the last 20 years.

I always think that a young player should consider the career of Gazza before knocking back Man Utd, or more specifcally. Alex Ferguson.

What would have happened there, you can't help but wonder...

You are the one who is doing it, I am just pointing it out.

I am doing what??? Posting my opinion on a footballer, thats is what this forum is about.

YOU are the one that is labelling someone like 'a disabled child'.

Do you have a disbaled child?? Do you know a disabled child?? You should maybe spend a day with one and then you may think again before you posting something like that. I don't think anybody has the right to come on here a label somebody like that.

You come across as a horrible horrible person, all because you know that a good point has been made against one of your idols then you come out with statements like that.

Archived