Mario Bib-lotelli

Div

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

My my, football fans with divided opinions. That's a rarity.

That's my point. Everybody goes on about Supras defending him to the hilt, there's guys on that link who see him every week defending him too.

That's my point. Everybody goes on about Supras defending him to the hilt, there's guys on that link who see him every week defending him too.

Reading that forum makes me appreciate P&B a helluva lot more.

This gem is at the top of the second page:

Great players dont need service

Superb.

Wait, wait, I like this one better:

was in dukes bar on saturday pulled on thinking he was it.

was with my mate sam birch who has already come close to fucking him up.

It's like 12 Ruel Street everyday.

There's quite a difference between it being done by City fans, honour-bound to defend their own players, and Supras, ostensibly a neutral able to tell it like it is. And anyway, the point is not that people are disagreeing over it: there are plenty of people who don't think Balotelli was a waste of money and who think he'll come good. That's quite different from suggesting that his getting subbed on and then off again is not a talking point, or that he plays well in every game, or whatever else his resident defendor has come out with of late.

There's quite a difference between it being done by City fans, honour-bound to defend their own players, and Supras, ostensibly a neutral able to tell it like it is. And anyway, the point is not that people are disagreeing over it: there are plenty of people who don't think Balotelli was a waste of money and who think he'll come good. That's quite different from suggesting that his getting subbed on and then off again is not a talking point, or that he plays well in every game, or whatever else his resident defendor has come out with of late.

Well of course I'm a neutral, and the people on that forum have displayed their utter stupidity, the perfect type of people to be influenced by a media hate campaign. As pointed out he had more touches of the ball than most players when he came on and in a 3-0 defeat with many defensive error the worst player was the left winger? Ridiculous. I'm sure morons like that existed when Ronaldo 'winked' at Rooney in the world cup.

Nobody has suggested that besides you.

Ol' Biblo wasn't the worst player in the Man City team, but he wasn't far off it despite all those touches of the ball he supposedly had.

He had the easiest task of the night, up against a young right back making his debut who was clearly more interested in not making a mistake than actually playing his normal game, yet he didn't take him on or threaten him once. You'd think an Italian tactical Genius like Mancini would see this and put Adam Johnson over to the left to cause him some problems but alas it wasn't to be. The stadium bar must be over on the left hand side and thats why Mancini didn't want Johnson over there as he can't be trusted.

It was definitely Mancini's fault that Man City were so poor last night, not Balotelli's due to just about every other City player being as completely uninterested as he was.

A team with the players like Man City have need someone who inspires confidence in them and allows them to express themselves, whereas under Mancini most of the players look like theyre playing within themselves or generally can't be arsed trying.

• 2 weeks later...

There's no way he's the biggest flop of the season. He hasn't been great, but there have been numerous signings who have been worse than him.

Sebastian Squillaci, Fernando Torres and Paul Konchesky for example.

Did anybody else read in The Times today that they said Balotelli was the biggest flop of the season? I really do not see why people regard him as a flop. I think he has donw well for a young player in a new country and culture.

I've not seen it, and am not necessarily inclined to believe you, but it's absolutely ridiculous if true. He has a fantastic goal record in the circumstances and is Man Citys second highest goalscorer.

Dzeko and Kolarov are far bigger flops, as are people like Joe Cole.

Mario has done really well given the circumstances, Man City will be delighted they have signed and he will surely still be a City player next year. Balotelli doesn't even constitute a 'flop'.

That is what I thought aswell. The top 5 (for anybody who cares) was:

1. Balotelli

2. Jordan Henderson

3. Benni McCarthy

4. Roque Santa Cruz

5. Joe Cole

The fact that Torres is not there is a joke. He is by far the biggest flop of the season.

The top 5 flops? That list makes no sense.

Jordan Henderson, the young guy from Sunderland? Why the f**k would he be there given he is not a new signing and is not a high profile player?

The others are decent shouts but Roque Santa Cruz just joined Blackburn on loan, he still has plenty of time to deliver. Very strange choice indeed.

McCarthy and Cole have both been very shit indeed, and are getting very high wages but neither were signed on a transfer fee.

The top 5 flops? That list makes no sense.

Jordan Henderson, the young guy from Sunderland? Why the f**k would he be there given he is not a new signing and is not a high profile player?

The others are decent shouts but Roque Santa Cruz just joined Blackburn on loan, he still has plenty of time to deliver. Very strange choice indeed.

McCarthy and Cole have both been very shit indeed, and are getting very high wages but neither were signed on a transfer fee.

There was talk of him moving to Man Utd or Chelsea for 10 or 15 million at the end of last season, i can see their point, that he hasn't matched his form of last season. Doesn't neccessarily make him a flop, just means he was over-hyped the previous season.

Archived