Mario Bib-lotelli

Div

this is just history repeating itself.

there was a point where drogba was enemy no.1 and he was being highlighted and mocked for diving and play acting and was a general punch bag for motd and the likes.

after the world cup in 2006 loads of pundits said fergie would have to get rid of ronaldo (who had also been slated by the media for his first two seasons).

as recently as 18 months ago people were saying nani wasn't man utd standard and this season he's been their best attacking player.

it's a lot easier to get a talented guy to screw the nut than find a truly talented player. man city will persist with balotelli.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

there was a point where drogba was enemy no.1 and he was being highlighted and mocked for diving and play acting and was a general punch bag for motd and the likes.

after the world cup in 2006 loads of pundits said fergie would have to get rid of ronaldo (who had also been slated by the media for his first two seasons).

as recently as 18 months ago people were saying nani wasn't man utd standard and this season he's been their best attacking player.

it's a lot easier to get a talented guy to screw the nut than find a truly talented player. man city will persist with balotelli.

He's the pick of a poor bunch this season though.

No, you've made a ridiculous statement. Can you not see the difference between the two?

Yellow cards don't really matter, no.

laugh.giflaugh.giflaugh.gif

What a plonker ...

The only 'ridiculous statement' on display was made by you 'Yellow Cards don't matter' .... laugh.gif

Edit > When did you start following City. When Sheik Mansour took over. Did you ever visit Maine Rd, don't think so ... You know it , I know it, you have jumped on the City bandwagon. In the same way similar muppets jumped on the Chelski bandwagon when Abramovich took over.

I actually think a lot of his team mates will resent Balotelli after last night, City had a decent shout of winning a European trophy this season and I've not doubt that they will be putting the blame firmly on Balotelli for that failure.

This could make his posistion at the club unclear as Mancini has also came out and blamed Balotelli for their cup exit, Mancini has to shoulder some of the blame as he was the man who signed him and he knew what he was getting.

If he gets into trouble one more time this season I believe that City will look to offload him in the Summer.

Balotelli was stupid, and probably did cost City the chance of scoring another goal. However, the whole team and manager are cuplable too - they lost 2-0 in Ukraine. It'll be worth remembering that before they' or anyone else, lays every iota of the blame squarely at Balotelli's door.

Balotelli was stupid, and probably did cost City the chance of scoring another goal. However, the whole team and manager are cuplable too - they lost 2-0 in Ukraine. It'll be worth remembering that before they' or anyone else, lays every iota of the blame squarely at Balotelli's door.

I agree with you there but what i'm trying to say is that any away European tie into Russia/Ukraine etc is going to be a very tricky tie but you would be very confident of taking on and easily beating one of these sides at home (See Arsenal v's Shaktar) and overturning the defecit from the first leg.

Balotelli pretty much f**ked up any chance that City had of doing this with his recklesness.

Either this is a transparent attempt at using tunnel vision to criticize a player or you are the kind of person who slates Zidane for only scoring 6 goals in two seasons for Cannes.

Please point out to me on this, or any other thread, that I stated that Zidane scores a 'helluva lot of goals'.

You seem to have interpreted my post as an attack on Balotelli and his abilities and went on the major defensive over this. I'm not picking up on Balotelli or his abilities, I'm picking up on you making a totally inaccurate statement. 39 goals in 4 seasons as a pro, playing as a forward, isn't a 'helluva lot'. Regardless of age, club or ability.

The goals quote came from Jonathan Wilson. It was a bit abstract to try and prove a point (I think) relating to games being interesting and important but having no goals scored. Yellow cards don't matter, goal don't matter ?? Anyway :lol:

I am not criticsing Balotelli for picking up yellow cards perhaps others are. If that is the case, thats up to them, I have no real interest in Balotelli or Man City. However, it is complete nonsense to state that yellow cards do not matter.

The type of yellow card he collects may not matter in the longer term if he stops acquiring with such regularity.

Mancini looks at his squad for the forthcoming league game, a crucial game which City need to win to get three points to make the top 4 and secure a CL berth. Tevez and Dzeko are injured. No problem, thinks Mancini, I will pick Balotelli except Balotelli kept picking up pointless yellow cards and is now out through suspension. City play the game without a recognised striker or with an inferior replacement, only draw and the CL spot is lost.

Hypothetical but entirely plausible.

So we are using hypotheticals to criticize a forward player for getting yellow cards?

As I said, if this was any other player yellow cards would not come into the equation - they never do.

Excellent post, Balotelli has more than enough talent to match the achievements of these two players. He really is that good.

laugh.giflaugh.giflaugh.gif

What a plonker ...

The only 'ridiculous statement' on display was made by you 'Yellow Cards don't matter' .... laugh.gif

Edit > When did you start following City. When Sheik Mansour took over. Did you ever visit Maine Rd, don't think so ... You know it , I know it, you have jumped on the City bandwagon. In the same way similar muppets jumped on the Chelski bandwagon when Abramovich took over.

I should have known better than to converse with some Rangers fan.

Please point out to me on this, or any other thread, that I stated that Zidane scores a 'helluva lot of goals'.

You seem to have interpreted my post as an attack on Balotelli and his abilities and went on the major defensive over this. I'm not picking up on Balotelli or his abilities, I'm picking up on you making a totally inaccurate statement. 39 goals in 4 seasons as a pro, playing as a forward, isn't a 'helluva lot'. Regardless of age, club or ability.

Jesus Christ, it's hard to underestimate the extent to which you have misinterpreted that point. Using the type of tunnel vision you are using, 4 seasons as a professional, you could pretty much criticise any player for anything. That is why it is a totally worthless basis for analysis, apperances would be far better but you didn't use that cause it doesn't suit your pre determined agenda.

Again with the 4 seasons as a pro. I am more than comfortable with the statement given the context I have already placed it in. You are not fooling anyone with your '4 seasons as a pro' pish. Have you ever seen anyone use that basis before? laugh.gif

Jesus Christ, it's hard to underestimate the extent to which you have misinterpreted that point. Using the type of tunnel vision you are using, 4 seasons as a professional, you could pretty much criticise any player for anything. That is why it is a totally worthless basis for analysis, apperances would be far better but you didn't use that cause it doesn't suit your pre determined agenda.

Again with the 4 seasons as a pro. I am more than comfortable with the statement given the context I have already placed it in. You are not fooling anyone with your '4 seasons as a pro' pish. Have you ever seen anyone use that basis before? laugh.gif

What pre determined agenda, you absolute fucking nutter?

Is 38 goals in 104 games a 'helluva lot' from a forward? Yes or no?

samaras just got a 3 year contract extension with 43 in 134 games for celtic :lol: john sutton has 40 in 115 for motherwell in the exact same league.

balotelli doesn' t turn 21 until august. how many other players can you think of who had that many goals in top leagues by that age?

bear in mind that's he's had injury problems and has been competing for a shirt with the likes of tevez, eto'o, zlatan, miltio.

mad mario has a ratio 2.7

at the same age rooney had 53 goals in 168 appearances. ratio 3.1

fernando torres had 43 in 114. ratio 2.6

micheal owen had 59 in 116. ratio 1.9

c.ronaldo had 25 in 152. ratio 6.1

so while he's not a young goal machine like micheal owen he's doing about the same as torres and rooney and better than c.ronaldo.

how many starts? Thats probably not any worse than Torres record when he was younger, and he was starting every game. Mario will score goals on a biblical scale over the next 5 years

Everyone, and I really do mean everyone, uses appearances and goals when discussing the scoring record of a striker. I have never - you have never - seen anyone else use '4 seasons as a professional footballer'. It isn't done, why would you do it unless to try and manipulate the stats to your advantage?

And would would you manipulate the stats unless you have already decided on the point you are make before looking at the evidence?

Given the context we have discussed earlier - yes.

Absolute fucking nutter? It's the equivalent of someone in a straight jacket saying you are a crazy - it is actually quite comforting.

So we are using hypotheticals to criticize a forward player for getting yellow cards?

No, we are using a hypotentical situation to demonstrate that yellow cards do matter.

I have not criticsed Balotelli once he in any of my posts. Not really that interested in him or Man City as I have already stated.

As I said, if this was any other player yellow cards would not come into the equation - they never do.

You point was that yellow cards do not matter.

I don't care if it is Balotelli or Messi or a Sunday League player. Yellow cards do mattter.

I have stated a number of times that if your point was that Balotelli is picking up daft yellows and that as he develops and matures he will stop doing so, then say this.

No, we are using a hypotentical situation to demonstrate that yellow cards do matter.

I have not criticsed Balotelli once he in any of my posts. Not really that interested in him or Man City as I have already stated.

You point was that yellow cards do not matter.

I don't care if it is Balotelli or Messi or a Sunday League player. Yellow cards do mattter.

I have stated a number of times that if your point was that Balotelli is picking up daft yellows and that as he develops and matures he will stop doing so, then say this.

They don't matter when discussing the ability of a forward player, that is why they are not used in any debate - besides this one it would seem.

Nobody has disputed that many yellow cards = suspension, but people are saying Balotelli has been a poor signing because he has x amount of yellow cards. It's ridiculous.

They don't matter when discussing the ability of a forward player, that is why they are not used in any debate - besides this one it would seem.

They do not matter in terms of ability but if the player is flawed and continually gets cautioned then it does become an issue.

No point having an immensely talented individual if he misses a batch of games per season due to suspension for stupid cautions.

No point having an immensely talented individual if he misses a batch of games per season due to suspension for stupid cautions.

There is still a point in having them. It's a consideration when deciding whether to sign a player, but there's no way I would turn a talented player down just because they pick up a lot of yellow cards.

Everyone, and I really do mean everyone, uses appearances and goals when discussing the scoring record of a striker. I have never - you have never - seen anyone else use '4 seasons as a professional footballer'. It isn't done, why would you do it unless to try and manipulate the stats to your advantage?

And would would you manipulate the stats unless you have already decided on the point you are make before looking at the evidence?

Given the context we have discussed earlier - yes.

Absolute fucking nutter? It's the equivalent of someone in a straight jacket saying you are a crazy - it is actually quite comforting.

I used the term 4 seasons as a professional footballer as that is in fact, the length his career has spanned so far.....I thought that was patently obvious. :blink:

On MOTD tonight, I heard two separate commentators on two separate occasions say that Steven Reid hasd't scored a Premier league goal in 5 years until today then Di Santo hasn't found the net in 18 months. So your claim that everyone 'and you really do mean everyone' uses appearances and goals when discussing strikers (yes, Reid is an attacking midfielder), is absolute bollocks and based on your opinion, and not fact. Considering two individuals used a different means to describe two different goal droughts in the space of one little 90 minute programme. Or would you say that they too are manipulating the stats to their advantage to fuel whatever imaginary pre-meditated agenda they also may have?

You are a nutter though, Supras. I don't know or give a shit about you personally and you the same with me, yet you have the gall to claim I have some kind of agenda against a footballer that you have no idea about my opinion of. For all you know I could be Mario Balotelli's biggest fan. I'm a fan of Zlatan Ibrahimovic, always have been, yet only last week you used the same argument of 'agendas' against me when I had the nerve to say that he isn't generally a hard-working player and he was shite against Spurs, despite you having no idea of my personal thoughts or feelings about him.

Oh aye, and it's a straitjacket. Ya loonball. ;)

There is still a point in having them. It's a consideration when deciding whether to sign a player, but there's no way I would turn a talented player down just because they pick up a lot of yellow cards.

That's a fair enough point.

The main problem that could arise is the uncertainty over which games a player would miss through suspension. Some would accept that risk.

I used the term 4 seasons as a professional footballer as that is in fact, the length his career has spanned so far.....I thought that was patently obvious. :blink:

On MOTD tonight, I heard two separate commentators on two separate occasions say that Steven Reid hasd't scored a Premier league goal in 5 years until today then Di Santo hasn't found the net in 18 months. So your claim that everyone 'and you really do mean everyone' uses appearances and goals when discussing strikers (yes, Reid is an attacking midfielder), is absolute bollocks and based on your opinion, and not fact. Considering two individuals used a different means to describe two different goal droughts in the space of one little 90 minute programme. Or would you say that they too are manipulating the stats to their advantage to fuel whatever imaginary pre-meditated agenda they also may have?

You are a nutter though, Supras. I don't know or give a shit about you personally and you the same with me, yet you have the gall to claim I have some kind of agenda against a footballer that you have no idea about my opinion of. For all you know I could be Mario Balotelli's biggest fan. I'm a fan of Zlatan Ibrahimovic, always have been, yet only last week you used the same argument of 'agendas' against me when I had the nerve to say that he isn't generally a hard-working player and he was shite against Spurs, despite you having no idea of my personal thoughts or feelings about him.

Oh aye, and it's a straitjacket. Ya loonball. ;)

supras aside balotelli is very promising.

his goal ratio is superb.

there are plenty of examples of other players who were considered to have poor discipline who went onto have great careers.

in my opinion anyone who bets against him improving and becoming a top player as he gets older is ignorant. the guy is technically ideal, he'll eventually grow up.

For the record, T_S_A_R, I reckon he's a very promising player who is always going to be on the cusp of blowing his entire career, very much like Nicholas Anelka. I think his career will be littered with goals if he's in the right frame of mind. I was merely stating that Supras can't come on here and bleat that he scores a shitload of goals when at this point, no he doesn't and never has. 6 goals in 11 league games this season is a decent return from a young player, but that's all it is for the moment......decent.

Archived