Mario Bib-lotelli

Div

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

He must have still been thinking about the 'bibs' last night ... that was an absolute shocker.

Man City should get rid of this clown ASAP

They won't because, you know, he's actually a very good player who scores a helluva lot of goals.

They won't because, you know, he's actually a very good player who scores a helluva lot of goals.

He needs someone to help him put on a bib ! 24 million haha.

If jose mourinho cant get the best out of him no one can,The guy is a fanny.

He's not paid to put on a bib.

And Mourinho played him pretty regularly, despite regularly slating him in the press.

And why am I having to do this anyway? I'm not his personal spokesman.

Yes his attempts to put on a bib are hilarious, what does it have to do with me?

'Balo'

I actually think a lot of his team mates will resent Balotelli after last night, City had a decent shout of winning a European trophy this season and I've not doubt that they will be putting the blame firmly on Balotelli for that failure.

This could make his posistion at the club unclear as Mancini has also came out and blamed Balotelli for their cup exit, Mancini has to shoulder some of the blame as he was the man who signed him and he knew what he was getting.

If he gets into trouble one more time this season I believe that City will look to offload him in the Summer.

My team is Rangers, but have followed City from the days of Asa Hartford ....

Agreed he is a good player, who can score goals. Last night he cost City the tie, as Kiev didn't look that clever. City could/should have scored 3 or 4 goals if he stayed on the pitch. He has played 23 (5 as of those as a sub) games in all competitions this season, yes he has scored 10 goals, but has picked up 10 Yellow and now 2 Red cards.

IMO, he is a liability who could cost City a decent position in the EPL this season.

I actually think a lot of his team mates will resent Balotelli after last night, City had a decent shout of winning a European trophy this season and I've not doubt that they will be putting the blame firmly on Balotelli for that failure.

This could make his posistion at the club unclear as Mancini has also came out and blamed Balotelli for their cup exit, Mancini has to shoulder some of the blame as he was the man who signed him and he knew what he was getting.

If he gets into trouble one more time this season I believe that City will look to offload him in the Summer.

Yep and I can't imagine the queue to sign him would be very big either!

The guy is damaged goods and as proven last night a liability.

Well, they would be wrong to do so. They each have a responsibility to contribute to the tie, why did they so poorly in the first leg?

Balotelli has been a good signing for City so far, there is absolutely no doubt about it. He will still get regular games this season, Mancini still rates him very highly and even said after the game he can become a fantastic player. If he keeps scoring goals his manager, fellow players and club will back him.

I highly doubt that, he is just too good. If Man City want to become a great football team they need more Balotellis and less Milners.

My team is Rangers, but have followed City from the days of Asa Hartford ....

Agreed he is a good player, who can score goals. Last night he cost City the tie, as Kiev didn't look that clever. City could/should have scored 3 or 4 goals if he stayed on the pitch. He has played 23 (5 as of those as a sub) games in all competitions this season, yes he has scored 10 goals, but has picked up 10 Yellow and now 2 Red cards.

IMO, he is a liability who could cost City a decent position in the EPL this season.

That is a ridiculous statement, what is he some kind of boogeyman? He has a record of a goal every 113 minutes, he has already contributed to them gaining points this season. He scored a great goal recently in a single goal win. He is one of the inspirations within the squad, he can turn a game with one moment of genuis and he has done so already this season, and they need him even more now Tevezs' goal have dried up and Dzeko continues to adapt.

And the rest of the post is just conjecture, City were shit in the first leg and always looked like going out.

Yellow cards do not really matter, I have discussed this in more depth elsewhere.

Yep and I can't imagine the queue to sign him would be very big either!

The guy is damaged goods and as proven last night a liability.

One incident does not 'prove' you are a liability.

Zidane was prone to the odd loss of discipline throughout his career, he did alright.

That is a ridiculous statement, what is he some kind of boogeyman? He has a record of a goal every 113 minutes, he has already contributed to them gaining points this season. He scored a great goal recently in a single goal win. He is one of the inspirations within the squad, he can turn a game with one moment of genuis and he has done so already this season, and they need him even more now Tevezs' goal have dried up and Dzeko continues to adapt.

And the rest of the post is just conjecture, City were shit in the first leg and always looked like going out.

Yellow cards do not really matter, I have discussed this in more depth elsewhere.

One incident does not 'prove' you are a liability.

Zidane was prone to the odd loss of discipline throughout his career, he did alright.

laugh.giflaugh.gif

Touchy, have I hit a nerve ... as I said IMO ...

Yellow Cards don't matter ? ... they do when you have picked up as many as he has for a 'striker'.

You have discussed this in more depth elsewhere .... are you his agent, boyfriend ... both ?

I watched the Europa League match on TV between my team, Manchester City and their opponents Dynamo Kiev. I can only say that in all the games that I have been to at the City of Manchester Stadium, whether it was Premier League, FA Cup, League Cup or Europa League, I have never seen a more contemptuous and petulant piece of behaviour, than was portrayed by Mario Balotelli. WTF was he thinking of? That was a stupid tackle which almost certainly cost City the match. Who did he think he was??? Nigel De Jong??? Only "Nige Kwon Do" can pull off tackles that superb with his sharpened Nike badboys by kicking people in the heart, so don't do it.

Mario is a huffy, moody twit but when I have seen him play previously he has been very good. His sending off will almost certainly cost him his place in the City squad for the trip to Chelsea on Sunday, and I can only say good to that. I hear comments from footy pundits, players and fans alike that he is still young, 20 years old, and he is still learning to adjust to the English game. BOLLOCKS!!! You didn't see Cesc Fabregas or Robin Van persie acting like that when they came to Arsenal, so Mario, it is time for you to grow a pair and cut out the kiddie fits!!! And as for Mourinho not getting the best out of him, well, he was so moody himself it was a definite case of "Pot V Kettle".

I watched the Europa League match on TV between my team, Manchester City and their opponents Dynamo Kiev. I can only say that in all the games that I have been to at the City of Manchester Stadium, whether it was Premier League, FA Cup, League Cup or Europa League, I have never seen a more contemptuous and petulant piece of behaviour, than was portrayed by Mario Balotelli. WTF was he thinking of? That was a stupid tackle which almost certainly cost City the match. Who did he think he was??? Nigel De Jong??? Only "Nige Kwon Do" can pull off tackles that superb with his sharpened Nike badboys by kicking people in the heart, so don't do it.

Mario is a huffy, moody twit but when I have seen him play previously he has been very good. His sending off will almost certainly cost him his place in the City squad for the trip to Chelsea on Sunday, and I can only say good to that. I hear comments from footy pundits, players and fans alike that he is still young, 20 years old, and he is still learning to adjust to the English game. BOLLOCKS!!! You didn't see Cesc Fabregas or Robin Van persie acting like that when they came to Arsenal, so Mario, it is time for you to grow a pair and cut out the kiddie fits!!! And as for Mourinho not getting the best out of him, well, he was so moody himself it was a definite case of "Pot V Kettle".

I think you'll find he did. Van Persie was sent-off a fair few times in his early Arsenal career for being a tempermental little sod. Pretty sure there was one against Southampton that sticks in the mind.

laugh.giflaugh.gif

Touchy, have I hit a nerve ... as I said IMO ...

Yellow Cards don't matter ? ... they do when you have picked up as many as he has for a 'striker'.

You have discussed this in more depth elsewhere .... are you his agent, boyfriend ... both ?

No, you've made a ridiculous statement. Can you not see the difference between the two?

Yellow cards don't really matter, no.

No, elsewhere on this forum, and rather embarrassingly, have already answered that question elsewhere. Still, if you don't fancy a debate asking if the other poster is gay is a very lame attempt to weed your way out of it.

Again, the situations could scarcely be more different. Fabregas has been at Arsenal since he was 16, he didn't need to 'adapt' to the league or country because he had been there for so long. Players temperaments differ as well, just because one didn't struggle doesn't mean no one will.

Van Persie was 2 years older than Balotelli when he moved to Arsenal and, as already pointed out, most definelty did have temperament problems.

Yellow cards don't really matter, no.

What about goals, do they matter? Jonathan Wilson reckons they are not that important. :rolleyes:

Of course yellow cards matter. Collect more of the little blighters, get a wee suspension and play less games. If he plays less games, he will have less of an opportunity to score a goal every 113 minutes.

Perhaps the type of yellow cards which Mario collects does not matter in the sense that it is something which he can improve upon in future and thus eliminate from his game.

Then again perhaps he will develop a Scholes-esque tendency for being shite at tackling and its something which he will never eradicate from his game.

Either way, time will tell.

In the meantime, yellow cards do matter.

A wildly inaccurate statement.

He's in his fourth season as a professional. He's never scored more than 11 goals in a season, or even hit double figures in a league campaign.

What about goals, do they matter? Jonathan Wilson reckons they are not that important. :rolleyes:

Of course yellow cards matter. Collect more of the little blighters, get a wee suspension and play less games. If he plays less games, he will have less of an opportunity to score a goal every 113 minutes.

Perhaps the type of yellow cards which Mario collects does not matter in the sense that it is something which he can improve upon in future and thus eliminate from his game.

Then again perhaps he will develop a Scholes-esque tendency for being shite at tackling and its something which he will never eradicate from his game.

Either way, time will tell.

In the meantime, yellow cards do matter.

Yes, goals do matter. What a strange question.

Right, never before have I seen a player criticsed as a poor signing because he got a few yellow cards, it is ridiculous he is being criticsed for this.

It's just another stick to beat him with, in what other discussions regarding the ability of a player do yellow cards come up? Never, nobody gives a shit.

A wildly inaccurate statement.

He's in his fourth season as a professional. He's never scored more than 11 goals in a season, or even hit double figures in a league campaign.

No it isn't, is there a deliberate absence of context in this post or was Wikipedia your one and only stop.

A goal every 113 minutes for a 20 year old, in his first season in a new league, new country, and despite suffering a serious injury and not being an out and out striker. 6 goals in 11 league game. You think these are poor records?

And fourth season as a professional? What kind of ridiculous basis is that laugh.gif

Why not go on apperances? Wikipedia is telling me he got 20 goals in 59 games for Inter Milan, pretty damn good considering many of them would have been sub appearances and relatively few of them will have been as a striker, he plays all across the front line. He scored twice in his second ever game for Inter Milan. Compare that to say, Wayne Rooney, an out and out striker who only managed 15 goals in 67 appearances for Everton. In fact, can you find me a young striker in a top league with a better record with Balotelli?

Either this is a transparent attempt at using tunnel vision to criticize a player or you are the kind of person who slates Zidane for only scoring 6 goals in two seasons for Cannes.

Yes, goals do matter. What a strange question.

Right, never before have I seen a player criticsed as a poor signing because he got a few yellow cards, it is ridiculous he is being criticsed for this.

It's just another stick to beat him with, in what other discussions regarding the ability of a player do yellow cards come up? Never, nobody gives a shit.

The goals quote came from Jonathan Wilson. It was a bit abstract to try and prove a point (I think) relating to games being interesting and important but having no goals scored. Yellow cards don't matter, goal don't matter ?? Anyway :lol:

I am not criticsing Balotelli for picking up yellow cards perhaps others are. If that is the case, thats up to them, I have no real interest in Balotelli or Man City. However, it is complete nonsense to state that yellow cards do not matter.

The type of yellow card he collects may not matter in the longer term if he stops acquiring with such regularity.

Mancini looks at his squad for the forthcoming league game, a crucial game which City need to win to get three points to make the top 4 and secure a CL berth. Tevez and Dzeko are injured. No problem, thinks Mancini, I will pick Balotelli except Balotelli kept picking up pointless yellow cards and is now out through suspension. City play the game without a recognised striker or with an inferior replacement, only draw and the CL spot is lost.

Hypothetical but entirely plausible.

Archived