The Recent Match Videos Thread

Created by popular request :D A thread for the latest match highlights. Blasts from the past no doubt deserve their own thread so create one and plonk them in there.

The last couple of weeks, from 26 Feb say, might be a good place to start. Please include a bit of extra info regarding each video along with the link so that people can search the thread with a bit of ease.

Please note that this forum is not YouTube (other video sharing sites are also available) nor are we attempting to make it so. By all means advertise the rest of your goodies alongside each link but remember the purpose of this thread - latest videos, hot off the editing suite. Match discussion should also be kept to a relevant thread elsewhere in the forum - to keep this place (relatively) clutter-free.

An example:

Haddington Athletic 2 - 3 Fauldhouse United

East Region South Division, Millfield Park, Haddington

5 March 2011

Edited by The Old Northerner

Who'd have thought it, The Old Northerner coming up with a good idea!

:P

This is excellent - a one-stop shop to see the latest (and past) vid clips of all the Junior games instead of having to search thought several.

Can see this stickied thread getting hammered at the close season as everyone goes through "withdrawal symptoms"!

:lol:

Edited by WaffenThinMint

I think a better idea would be a new sub-folder called match videos, and then different threads in alphabetical order for different teams - like I'd have a Clydebank topic where I keep sticking match videos, and Haddington have their own topic, and Pollok have their own topic etc. Otherwise, just one topic means it'll potentially be a big mess, and trying to discuss different matches across one another and finding the one you want when this potentially hits 20 pages, 30 pages, 40 pages etc, may be quite frustrating. I like the idea already here but also think it can be improved on.

I think a better idea would be a new sub-folder called match videos, and then different threads in alphabetical order for different teams - like I'd have a Clydebank topic where I keep sticking match videos, and Haddington have their own topic, and Pollok have their own topic etc. Otherwise, just one topic means it'll potentially be a big mess, and trying to discuss different matches across one another and finding the one you want when this potentially hits 20 pages, 30 pages, 40 pages etc, may be quite frustrating. I like the idea already here but also think it can be improved on.

I'm not sure I've got the magic beans to set up sub-forums. I hadn't really thought of this as being a match discussion thread - more just strictly a container for the videos. Other discussions could carry on elsewhere as they do now. Those of us with YouTube accounts have probably got things organised well enough on that site. If there is enough information accompanying the clip then finding a particular item wouldn't be too difficult.

should this thread not just be for postings footage of the weeks games with people adding the games from this season they have or a link too the youtube account ? saving the comments for other threads ?

Edited by RobRoyGuy

should this thread not just be for postings footage of the weeks games with people adding the games from this season they have or a link too the youtube account ? saving the comments for other threads ?

^^^ I agree with this, I think it should be just the recent games from the previous week(s) etc.

That's the general idea

people with youtube accounts can post there links , so people can see games from earlier in the season , and from now on only match day highlights should be shown with all the game chat on a seperate thread

would that be the idea of this thread old

would that be the idea of this thread old

Yup. The first post and thread title has been edited to more clearly reflect this topic. Many thanks for the constructive comments (even those from posters who have modestly removed them ;) )

Every single match I have available is on my website in the archives:

Clydebank Till I Die

The three latest matches are as follows:

(12th February 2011)

(19th February 2011)

(5th March 2011)

I don't like directly embedding the videos on pie and bovril because it isn't full-sized - easier just clicking the links.

I didn't really enjoy the game, for obvious reasons, but here's some video from the Linlithgow Rose v Newtongrange Star match on 05/03/2011 at Prestonfield. Newtongrange won 2-1. There's no video of the Rose goal as I was changing my camera battery at the time, but it was a scrappy affair anyway. Watch out for what could easily have been a penalty for handball at the start of the first half.