The Hobbit

Musketeer Gripweed

Really excited about the Hobbit. Think it will go well on to film and is full of action! Wonder who they will get to play Beorn the bear.

The 2nd film is indeed the gap between the hobbit and fellowship of the ring. Basically explains alot of the stuff in the appendixes. also gives them an excuse to involve actors that were involved in the film trilogy but aren't in the hobbit.

I imagine we will see:

Gandalf off on his quest

Saruman turning from good to evil

Aragorn hunting down Gollum

The demise of the dwarves in Moria

"Drums in the deep,

we can not get out, we can not get out...... they are coming!"

goosebumps.:bounce4

• Replies 305
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Cannot wait for this Film. One of my favorite books, read it 15+ times over the years. Even more sad is the fact that tomorrow I'm going to get a "Hobbit" tattoo.

What are you getting done out of interest and where abouts?

Your not getting a full upper body tattoo of Mithril are you?:D

The best part of the first LOTR film was ignoring Tom Bombadil completely. He is a complete nothing character.

The fact that Tom Bombadil could be left out completely shows you to be right. He was a complete dick, and so was his wife.

I've got an audiobook of the trilogy and the other part I'm glad the films missed out are the songs. Every other bloody chapter has a pointless song.

The fact that Tom Bombadil could be left out completely shows you to be right. He was a complete dick, and so was his wife.

I've got an audiobook of the trilogy and the other part I'm glad the films missed out are the songs. Every other bloody chapter has a pointless song.

He's not even in The Silmarillion as far as I recall,unlike Gandalf and Elrond.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

First pics

And a quote from Peter Jackson...

I'm not going to say just what and when, but I will confirm that both the White Council and Dol Guldur will feature in the movies. And not just in one scene either. Just how to visualise it has been a challenge, but fortunately Alan Lee and John Howe went crazy with ideas, and it should look pretty cool.

Bloom has signed up as well it seem.:(

Yeah, I knew that, but what kind of role has she got? I honestly can't remember any decent female characters in the book.

Suppose we need a bit of eye candy. As long as that's all it is.

No idea, I've not read the books but she could play the role that Liv Tyler had in the films, assuming that that character(Erwin?) is gonna be in the films.

They both look sorta similar.

No idea, I've not read the books but she could play the role that Liv Tyler had in the films, assuming that that character(Erwin?) is gonna be in the films.

They both look sorta similar.

Even if Arwen was to be in The Hobbit films, she isn't in the book, it would be stupid to recast the character seeing as they are not recasting Legolas, it would seem. Elves are ageless remember. Just like Gandalf.

Geeking myself out now, sorry.

She's playing an elf called Tauriel. Not in the book, so I'd imagine it's a part in the second film, or possibly it'll be part of the story where the wizards drive the Necromancer from Mirkwood.

That's me got my nerd on for tonight <_<

Even if Arwen was to be in The Hobbit films, she isn't in the book, it would be stupid to recast the character seeing as they are not recasting Legolas, it would seem. Elves are ageless remember. Just like Gandalf.

Geeking myself out now, sorry.

Jackson might've wanted the character but Tyler could've snubbed him.

Obviously it doesn't matter if she's playing a made-up character.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived