Spooks

WILLIEA

• 7 months later...
  • 3 years later...

Bump!

Anyone been to see the movie? I decided to give it a watch on my way home from work tonight. Had it not been for one other couple in the cinema I would have had my own private viewing.

I thought it was OK. Entertaining for large parts but I did find the ending stretching credibility a bit. It did feel very much like a feature length episode of the TV series so if you were a fan of that I'm sure you'll like it.

I do like Harry Pearce as a character. While I see him as something of a father figure to his officers he can be an absolute cold son of a bitch when dishing out some punishment.

Bump!

Anyone been to see the movie? I decided to give it a watch on my way home from work tonight. Had it not been for one other couple in the cinema I would have had my own private viewing.

I thought it was OK. Entertaining for large parts but I did find the ending stretching credibility a bit. It did feel very much like a feature length episode of the TV series so if you were a fan of that I'm sure you'll like it.

I do like Harry Pearce as a character. While I see him as something of a father figure to his officers he can be an absolute cold son of a bitch when dishing out some punishment.

Aye I saw this the other day.

Some very cool scenes, especially the one at the very end you're alluding to.

Standard spy film fare. Ticks all the boxes but I agree with you about the way they ended it. It was as if they needed it all tied up in a bow and so felt a bit rushed.

• 7 years later...
1 minute ago, Jimmy Shaker said:

All I remember about it is the outcry about some bird in it having her hand put in a deep fryer to get her to confess to summat, and she didn’t so they stuck her head in.

That was Lisa Faulkner's character, and she was/is absolutely stunning. 

I watched that as a student with my pal (mainly just for Lisa) and we were fucking horrified. The scene comes from out the blue. Her head gets dipped in the fryer a few seconds later.