Game of Thrones

Quentin Taranbino

Book spoiler etc.

Yeah. An envoy comes over and meets Stannis as him and his army are marching south, I think. Pretty sure it's well after his army helps throw back the wildlings north of the wall anyway.

Cool wasn't sure if I was remembering correctly. Guess that's tyrio (?) then. Or a new character entirely?

Was a good scene though and probably getting the gold first makes his next move seem more plausible

Who do we think will end up on the Iron Throne at the end of the full series?

Probably best for just non book readers to comment.Or book readers can comment in spoilers. Even though they don't know the answer, I suspect they will have a different view based on book events.

I think it may end up being one of the Young Stark boys. Rickon maybe

Agree with most people about last nights episode. I'm well past the point of wanting Theon/Reek dead and the whole shitty storyline finished with, although the way it ended last night suggests it merely the beginning of the whole thing.

I also agree that the Daenerys storyline is stagnating badly, but I've no idea where it can really go from here now, clearly she wants to take Westeros but does she now want to rule on both sides of the water? Or does she just want the Iron Throne back? Feels like her story moved too fast early on and now shes having to wait on everyone catching up.

Enjoyed the trip to the Iron Bank, the fact we got to see them emphasises my belief they've a big part to play in this series yet, possibly in regards to the Lannisters. Get the feeling this is Stannis' last chance at winning the throne though, and I don't think he's going to ever manage it, so I guess that means he'll likely die soon. Unless they change his story arc of course, although theres absolutely no scope for that to me.

I know who fights in the trial, rather annoyingly, as I would've loved it if I had no idea. I do wonder how much they'll change from the books though, and thats keeping me intrigued for it immensely

I also think Tommen is a good shout to maybe "win". He strikes me as probably being the best option for the "people", and I'm not sure who could really displace him (outwith Daenerys' dragons and the Iron Bank of course). I do feel Littlefinger will have a good chance, and talking about it last night with friends I'm starting to feel that he'll get married then throw his new wife and son out the "Moon door", therefore becoming Lord of the Eyrie and controlling an army. Can't see that sort of situation winning anything for him though

Probably best for just non book readers to comment.Or book readers can comment in spoilers. Even though they don't know the answer, I suspect they will have a different view based on book events.

I've read all the books and I can honestly say I've no idea. It feels like there's still such a long way to go in the story. I think it might not even be as cut and dry as someone ending up on the iron throne ruling the whole kingdom.

Agree with most people about last nights episode. I'm well past the point of wanting Theon/Reek dead and the whole shitty storyline finished with, although the way it ended last night suggests it merely the beginning of the whole thing.

I also agree that the Daenerys storyline is stagnating badly, but I've no idea where it can really go from here now, clearly she wants to take Westeros but does she now want to rule on both sides of the water? Or does she just want the Iron Throne back? Feels like her story moved too fast early on and now shes having to wait on everyone catching up.

Enjoyed the trip to the Iron Bank, the fact we got to see them emphasises my belief they've a big part to play in this series yet, possibly in regards to the Lannisters. Get the feeling this is Stannis' last chance at winning the throne though, and I don't think he's going to ever manage it, so I guess that means he'll likely die soon. Unless they change his story arc of course, although theres absolutely no scope for that to me.

I know who fights in the trial, rather annoyingly, as I would've loved it if I had no idea. I do wonder how much they'll change from the books though, and thats keeping me intrigued for it immensely

I also think Tommen is a good shout to maybe "win". He strikes me as probably being the best option for the "people", and I'm not sure who could really displace him (outwith Daenerys' dragons and the Iron Bank of course). I do feel Littlefinger will have a good chance, and talking about it last night with friends I'm starting to feel that he'll get married then throw his new wife and son out the "Moon door", therefore becoming Lord of the Eyrie and controlling an army. Can't see that sort of situation winning anything for him though

You sure you've not read the books.......;)

I thought the iron islanders stuff in the books was good and by no means the most boring POV the series has slightly turned it to shit.

Also, was a big thing in the books not that they didn't wear armour and shields cos they make you drown faster? Seen some on show in the dreadfort. In all that whole scene was a bit of a damp squib tbh. Ramsay is.just annoying now

Also, was a big thing in the books not that they didn't wear armour and shields cos they make you drown faster? Seen some on show in the dreadfort. In all that whole scene was a bit of a damp squib tbh. Ramsay is.just annoying now

Agreed. Ramsay is a p***k. His story with Reek is starting to grind my gears.

It seems like there are so many different stories going on, that Reek and Ramsay are wasting my viewing/ reading time.

I really enjoyed Monday night's episode actually. They're building to conclusions all over the place just now and I think the last 2 or 3 episodes will be really explosive. The trial was excellent - I love the chemistry between all the actors who took part in that particular sequence. I wasn't sure about their choice for Oberyn, but he's really growing on me too.

The Theon/Reek stuff is getting a bit tedious now though. Really not sure the scene last night added much value.

Absolutely loved Tyrion seething to the max. Nailed that bit.

Really looking forward to the trial by combat. I hope they get that right as it's a fantastic bit in the books.

Eta: actually the best bit in the episode for me was his utterly dejected slump in the stand when Shae started to speak against him. I thought it was just a wonderful piece of acting for so small a moment.

Edited by KnightswoodBear

Absolutely loved Tyrion seething to the max. Nailed that bit.

Really looking forward to the trial by combat. I hope they get that right as it's a fantastic bit in the books.

Eta: actually the best bit in the episode for me was his utterly dejected slump in the stand when Shae started to speak against him. I thought it was just a wonderful piece of acting for so small a moment.

I don't think it's spoilering anything to say that the Shae bit played out slightly differently in the books to the TV show.

In the TV show, Tyrion (for her own good and to save her) told her to f**k off and that he was married to Sansa. Whereas in the books there was no animosity, which meant that, for me anyway, Shae's appearance at the trial in the books was much more of a betrayal, whereas in the TV show it could be argued that she's just getting revenge.

Think that was more the big massive plate armour that knights wear, not the standard breat plate/helmet. It'd be mental not to wear those.

Mildly interesting Theon Greyjoy/ Reek fact:

The actor who plays him, Alfie Allen is Lily Allen's little brother. You might remember her song "Alfie" about him.

Lily and Alfie were also (when they were smaller obvs) the inspiration for Harry Enfield and Kathy Burke's baby Lulu and her toddler brother.

You're all very welcome.

I don't think it's spoilering anything to say that the Shae bit played out slightly differently in the books to the TV show.

In the TV show, Tyrion (for her own good and to save her) told her to f**k off and that he was married to Sansa. Whereas in the books there was no animosity, which meant that, for me anyway, Shae's appearance at the trial in the books was much more of a betrayal, whereas in the TV show it could be argued that she's just getting revenge.

I posted earlier that for all her attempts to play the cool, know it all girl, Shae has badly fucked it up. Her arrogance and refusal to listen to Tyrion over how much danger she was in at King's Landing, not to mention her stupidity over it all, will most likely see her dead. f**k her. She's dobbed Tyrion in, again thinking she's so smart and is getting revenge. She'll be killed and then she won't be so fucking smart and cool.

I posted earlier that for all her attempts to play the cool, know it all girl, Shae has badly fucked it up. Her arrogance and refusal to listen to Tyrion over how much danger she was in at King's Landing, not to mention her stupidity over it all, will most likely see her dead. f**k her. She's dobbed Tyrion in, again thinking she's so smart and is getting revenge. She'll be killed and then she won't be so fucking smart and cool.

You still would though eh?

:)

There would be a kind of symmetry if Daenerys ends up on the throne, restoring the Targaryens, their overthrow being roughly where we started. The return of dragons to Westeros would also round things off neatly.

This being Game of Thrones though, there is bugger all chance of there being a formulaic type ending. My money's on Varys being made president in a republic, the masses having revolted against the monarchy.