Game of Thrones

Quentin Taranbino

Mad Tyrion telling it like it is! SEETHING so he was.

Can't wait to see the trial by combat. I'm assuming it'll be next week. I'm sure they'll make a big thing of it as it was a great bit of the book.

Hizdhar zo Loraq's appearance means we'll hopefully see more action in Meereen soon as well.

Also, an underrated character is 'Lord' Varys. Love that guy!

Even the 'action' in mereen is boring as shit. They'll do well to speed things up on that front similar to Brans storyline although they both look likely to overtake the books if they do

Apologies if I gave anything away mate. If I thought anything was due a spoiler tag I'd have put one in. Didn't think I'd really revealed anything

I don't see a problem with any of that, especially the Vary's comment, probably my favourite character along with Littlefinger and Jamie.

The trial by combat thing....does Tyrion do the fighting or can he nominate someone to fight for him?

I think he can nominate because they count being a dwarf in the same category as being injured, a child or female which would give an unfair advantage.

I can see Jaime being on one side of the trial, he'll either beat Tywin's choice or he'll sacrifice himself to let Tyrion live (I hope it's the former, Tywin should be smart enough not to want Jaime in case he sacrifices himself).

Good episode all round. The court stuff was obviously great. Ser Davos and Stanis' section was a good little scene too.

I'll agree on the thoughts that Emilia Clarke isn't great as an actress, it doesn't help that I couldn't give a f**k what's going on with Daenerys either. Don't give a f**k about the Iron Islanders either.

Peter Dinklage absolutely nailed that last scene.

Like others, I can't wait for the trial by combat. At first I thought we could maybe be seeing Jaime, as Tywin/Cersei's champion, up against Bronn, as Tyrion's champion, after them having practised together but that's probably unlikely. Would Bronn fight for Tyrion again, even though Tyrion probably has no gold/silver to pay him with this time? Other than Jaime, I can't think of anyone else that would be his champion.

I agree with forehead7, the ideal scenario is Jaime fights for Tyrion and defeats Tywin/Cersei's champion - but this being Game of Thrones I just can't see that happening.

The scene between Varys and Oberyn was intriguing. Varys obviously dreams of sitting on the Iron Throne one day but I find it hard to see how he could ever be king.

Tyrion's massive rant was glorious. Shae is a stupid, arrogant twat. She refused to beleive Tyrion that her life was in danger and thought she knew better. Now she's come along to stick the knife because she's too fucking stupid to realise why he told her to f**k off. I imagine she'll pay for being a cuntress with her life. Tywin's surprise at her being Tyrion's hoor points towards that. She thinks she's being so smart but she's shown herself to be a massive moron.

Judging by the trailer for next week's episode (more Wolf/Arya and some Sansa/Lyssa, as well as some massive c**t with a sword cutting down peasants), we won't be seeing his trial by combat just yet. I have a feeling it will be episode 9 of this series.

Also where is Bronn?

Theon is a wee fanny. Had his chance and shat it.

Davos remains tremendous.

It was pointed out in Thronecast that Littlefinger ensured that The Crown borrowed from The Iron Bank. His role as master schemer continues to become more and more intricate. He really has played a blinding plan thus far.

As above, there is no chance Varys could ever rule. No one would accept him as king. Also didn't he tell Ned Stark in the first series that he had no desire to become king?

Edited by DA Baracus

The trial by combat thing....does Tyrion do the fighting or can he nominate someone to fight for him?

People (highborns at least) can always demand a trial by combat and either fight themselves or nominate a champion.

Varys wouldn't be King. He doesn't have the claim to it. However, he'd happily be the one pulling the strings. Can he go further than being on the small council? Time will tell.

I'm looking forward to the trial by combat. Spoiler/hint incoming:

The hint is in the title mentioned before. I'm looking forward to seeing how they put forward the Mountain as they've changed the actor to ,one of the world's strongest men, a guy from Iceland.

Overall, I'm looking forward to seeing how things pan out with the combat, Tyrion and Tywin.

The scene between Varys and Oberyn was intriguing. Varys obviously dreams of sitting on the Iron Throne one day but I find it hard to see how he could ever be king.

I think Varys was being metaphorical.

It's more the pursuit of power he's interested in rather than the actual throne itself.

Tweaked slightly too as Stannis goes to them rather than other way round, no?

Book spoiler etc.

Yeah. An envoy comes over and meets Stannis as him and his army are marching south, I think. Pretty sure it's well after his army helps throw back the wildlings north of the wall anyway.

Last nights episode was a perfect example of the crappiness and the greatness of the show/books.

Starts off with Stannis and Davos in an interesting scene largely saved by Liam Cunninghams charisma, then we go to the (yawn) Ironborn who have some nonsensical scenes where they run away from a couple of dogs and 2 of the worst actors in Westeros (Alfie Allen and the ridiculously 'bad' Ramsay bloke).

And just when you're breathing a sigh of relief that those scenes are over you get a wee 30 second taster of a dragon in action only to be followed by 10 minutes of the worst actress in Essos and her stagnating plot.

But all of this is forgotten as it was swiftly blown away by probably the best 30 minutes of the entire series, Tyrion was fan-fucking-tastic as were most of the other Kings Landing characters (Mace Tyrell and Shae excepted)