Game of Thrones

Quentin Taranbino

The (original) Night's Kings was supposed to have been killed 8,000 years ago.

This is one of those things that has strangely stuck in my head from the books, but I definitely remember when they're talking about the Night's King, they said he had been defeated or something like that, rather than saying he was killed. It stuck in my head because you can never be sure someone's dead in this series unless we see their head being lopped off (and sometimes even then)

This is one of those things that has strangely stuck in my head from the books, but I definitely remember when they're talking about the Night's King, they said he had been defeated or something like that, rather than saying he was killed. It stuck in my head because you can never be sure someone's dead in this series unless we see their head being lopped off (and sometimes even then)

Hope this is true then as The Night's King is a pretty cool character. I really hope the whole origin and story of The Others is explained at some point.

Edited by Gordon EF

Hope this is true then as The Night's King is a pretty cool character. I really hope the whole origin and story of The Others is explained at some point.

Book spoiler

I've read all the books and had completely forgotten about the Night's King. I was wondering what the hell was going on!!

I'm interested to see where Bran's story is going in the show. It's sort of looking like Jon might be bumping into him at Craster's.

As you said I hope we find out more about the past (origin of the others, arrival of the first men and Andals). I'm hoping it won't be too long until Bran (and Meera, Jojen & Hodor) meet the children of the forest.

Goes straight to sleep right after someone like Maggie Tyrell leaves my arse. Any teenage boy worth their salt would be firing one out immediately after her leaving the premises.

Tbf, although he might look like a teen, in the book (and most likely in the TV series also) he is in fact a bit younger. I think this will soon become apparent (if the lack of masturbating hadn't already made it clear).

Book spoiler

I've read all the books and had completely forgotten about the Night's King. I was wondering what the hell was going on!!

I'm interested to see where Bran's story is going in the show. It's sort of looking like Jon might be bumping into him at Craster's.

As you said I hope we find out more about the past (origin of the others, arrival of the first men and Andals). I'm hoping it won't be too long until Bran (and Meera, Jojen & Hodor) meet the children of the forest.

The Last episode of the season is titled 'the children' and the promo pic is of bran ;)

Goes straight to sleep right after someone like Maggie Tyrell leaves my arse. Any teenage boy worth their salt would be firing one out immediately after her leaving the premises.

I haven't read the books but I take it this scene originally went slightly differently?

Also, how old is Tommen in the story?

I haven't read the books but I take it this scene originally went slightly differently?

Also, how old is Tommen in the story?

I don't think that scene was really in the book tbf, you don't get any of the story from Tommen or Margaery's perspective.

A lot of the younger characters have been "aged-up" for the TV series. Pretty sure Tommen was only 7 or something in the first book.

Watching the TV series just bloody well frustrates me about how long it takes Martin to write the books! At this rate the series will have to be put on hiatus after season 6 till that oaf gets his finger out!

If they stretch AFFC and ADWD to 2 series each that gives him another 4 years. :(

Can definitely see the TV series catching up though.

I'm quite enjoy most of the changes and thought the final scene this week was fantastic.

If they stretch AFFC and ADWD to 2 series each that gives him another 4 years. :(

Can definitely see the TV series catching up though.

I'm quite enjoy most of the changes and thought the final scene this week was fantastic.

They'll struggle to make 1 series out of those 2 books, can see the TV guys skipping over most of it or creating more of their own storylines as they are 75% filler.

It's one of the wee things that annoy me about his character (or Aiden Gillen himself) first season he spoke pretty much with his own Irish accent, if slightly softened. From season 2 onwards it's been all over the fucking place. It's very off putting for the scenes he's in.

I suspect they've either changed or dismissed the voice coach for season four. The accents are all over the place with several actors, Aiden Gillen being but one of them. That said, I never knew he was Irish until recently.

One?!

After she leaves?!