Game of Thrones

Quentin Taranbino

Lucky it's just an adaptation then and not a faithful recreation of the books.

I never claimed that, I'm just pointing out that since the director has tried to claim that it wasn't rape then I get the impression that they've tried to translate the relationship to the screen and failed horribly.

I didn't like the rape scene, but I did get the feeling Jamie was becoming too "nice", same things happening with Tyrion and his whole "sacrifice" with Pod. They are all c***s, and every so often we should reminders of that, if they're willing to do swing the Hound from "good" to "bad" then they should be willing to do it with any character

Lucky it's just an adaptation then and not a faithful recreation of the books.

Most sensible book fans realise it's not possible to completely follow the books on screen, and some of the changes have really added to the story (a lot of Tywin Lannister's scenes aren't in the books, but are absolutely tremendous and add to the show). People are objecting to this because it just doesn't fit in with the character's progression.

Quite apart from how it affects the plot, character development, etc, it's quite frankly disturbing that anyone can watch that scene and see anything other than rape.

That's the thing that gets me. I found it hard to watch, but I find loads of the violence hard to watch as well. I've got no problem with it being there if it's integral to the story though. That the directors genuinely don't think the scene they've produced depicts a rape is baffling though. If they think that's what consensual sex looks like they need educating.

Just watched it. That was an excellent episode.

You would have to burn me off Cersei. It would take a lot of petrol too.

I hear you brother. I would ride every one of you to get to Cersei.

Every. One.

Here be book spoilers:

I'm re-reading my way through the series and read this passage from Storm of Swords yesterday, from the Bran chapter in which they travel under The Wall.

The Black Gate, Sam had called it, but it wasn’t black at all. It was white weirwood, and there was a face on it. A glow came from the wood, like milk and moonlight, so faint it scarcely seemed to touch anything beyond the door itself, not even Sam standing right before it. The face was old and pale, wrinkled and shrunken. It looks dead. Its mouth was closed, and its eyes; its cheeks were sunken, its brow withered, its chin sagging. If a man could live for a thousand years and never die but just grow older, his face might come to look like that. The door opened its eyes. They were white too, and blind.

“Who are you?” the door asked, and the well whispered , “Who-who-who-who-who-who-who".

If they don't cast Roger Daltrey as that door in Game of Thrones I will be absolutely furious.

Just seen episode two of the new series. Not a slow burner, this one, is it? That was perfectly paced, even if it did owe a hell of a lot to Agatha Christie.

That Scottish actor's accent is really doing my head in, so to speak.

Hmmmm....

Sansa goes missing directly after Joffrey's death. Not a trace, and they don't seem concerned in the slightest. The girl whose father, brother and mother have just been killed by the Lannisters. Yet they still think Tyrion is to blame?

I smell shite.

Anyone else bored with the Daenerys scenes yet? They are the same every other week.

If Daenerys doesn't get the puppies out, I'm not interested.

The actor who played Joffrey has quit acting, apparently.

WTF? Thought he was amazing!

Can you imagine the hassle he must get from morons when he's doing, well, anything - anywhere?

It's not as if he's Charles Dance, who can terrify people for life with one scowl.

How is that part of a "plot"? It's an event.

Next week - Tyrion drinks from a cup.

The week after - Jaime wears a cloak and walks about a bit.

How is it even a question? How the f**k is anyone on here going to know if/how they do that. Tit.

How is that part of a "plot"? It's an event.

Next week - Tyrion drinks from a cup.

The week after - Jaime wears a cloak and walks about a bit.

The examples given are ordinary events. The Cersei one is clearly an unusual event and clearly a part of the plot.