Game of Thrones

Quentin Taranbino

Edited to add: Why are b*****ds named Snow?

Depends on where you're from. Only Winterfell b*****ds get the last name Snow. I'm sure thats right anyway, can't remember the others from different places just now though

It depends on which region you're born in. Snow if you're born in the North, Rivers for the River lands, Waters for King's Landing, Pyle for the Iron Islands, Stone for the Vale, Flowers for the Reach, Hill for the Westerlands, Storm for the Stormlands and Sand if you're born in Dorne. It's why King Robert has b*****d children with different surnames for the kingdom in which they were raised.

• 2 weeks later...

Love it. :)

I've got S1 and S2 DVD box sets (I don't have Sky TV) ... got to wait until Feb 24th 2014 to get the S3 box !!

That really is a bloomin' long time to wait. In the meantime, I'm trying not to encounter any spoiler material online.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Game-Thrones-Season-3-DVD/dp/B00AQGE43M

• 4 weeks later...

Good man, you should easily catch up before new season starts in April. Whatever you do, don't look at this thread or online as there will be major spoilers kicking around now

Take it you mean season 4 starts in April?

Finished season 1 yesterday, really enjoyed it. Some thoughts;

Fucking loved Ned Stark, I knew he was going to die at some point because I seem to recall a lack of Sean Bean in anything I'd seen recently about the show but hoped he might last until S2. Arya Stark is hilarious, I'm looking forward to see what she gets up to on her own.

Karl Drogo was also fucking awesome and I thought he was in it a lot longer too! When he poured the gold onto the guy's head, that was badass. Daenerys was very well written, you can really see her transformation through that season and I'm sure that'll only continue in the next two seasons.

The Lannisters are p***ks, ain't they? Apart from Tyrion (who I find absolutely hilarious) but I guess that's the point.

On a non-spoilery note, I love the plethora of actors that I recognise in this show. I'm the type of person who enjoys trying to place faces in what I've seen before so seeing the likes of Iain Glen, Roger Allam and Aidan Gillen (among others) in there is an added wee bonus.