Game of Thrones

Quentin Taranbino

4 - Viserys said he was a king too before Drogo put a pot of molten gold over his head.

Viserys also said he was a dragon but I'm informed that fire cannot kill a dragon. So I'm on the fence with this one.

This would have ended much quicker if kiddy had just said "my bad" and got on with it. But nah.

You would have thought so. Has he even modified his posts out of common courtesy? I'm not even reading them as I haven't read the books.

Anyway, back to the last episode. What was with the racist bollocks in the final scene? All the black slaves calling the aryan girl mother, then the daft choreography? Ruined what I thought was a fascinating episode, coming on the back of the insanity of episode 9.

What was with the racist bollocks in the final scene? All the black slaves calling the aryan girl mother, then the daft choreography? Ruined what I thought was a fascinating episode, coming on the back of the insanity of episode 9.

I didn't even consider that aspect of it! The more I think about the visuals though, the more I laugh. Like you, I thought it was good stuff until then.

Yeah, it was good episode with a dreadful closing scene. Even aside from the white man's burden undertone (which was clearly unintentional to be fair and simply a by-product of where they filmed it, although how no one making it stopped to think it looked really, really fucking bad is beyond me) it was just rubbish. It contributed nothing to the storyline and was visually cringeworthy.

The small council scene was fucking outstanding, as they always are. Charles Dance. :wub:

Charles Dance always looks like he wants to murder someone. It's a joy to watch. One scowl could reduce most to a shivering wreck. Watching Joffrey try and show authority was quite good too.

Book spoiler:

Thought we would have had the next wedding in this one

Another book spoiler, folks.

Nope, they still have so much preparation to do before they can even think of having that wedding. The Martells need to be introduced, and I'm surprised that they haven't been done already as Myrcella left for Dorne quite some time ago. They need to focus more on the Iron Born characters as well. There are also some small matters that need to take place at the Wall. I think it's very likely that the next wedding will take place in Season 4 Episode 9, although some characters involved are in the correct place so I can see some characters not seeing much action or movement. Surely people will also get suspicious that Baelish still hasn't arrived in the Vale yet either. :lol:

I thought that episode was good, it did pretty much everything it needed to do to set up next seasons main characters and the upcoming events. We're going to see even more character changes too. Jaime, Theon and Arya are the obvious ones, as they've already started their progression, but we'll see even more interesting interactions and intrigue. What do people think will happen next season? What do you all hope to happen? It could be interesting discussion to tide us over, but obviously book spoilers should be marked as such. I'm just interested in how people see things from the perspective of the tv audience.

As a side point, there seems to be far less emotion about what the Freys did to Robb Stark's body than I thought their would be.

What do people think will happen next season? What do you all hope to happen? It could be interesting discussion to tide us over, but obviously book spoilers should be marked as such. I'm just interested in how people see things from the perspective of the tv audience

As a side point, there seems to be far less emotion about what the Freys did to Robb Stark's body than I thought their would be.

Wasn't it the Boltons though rather than the Freys? They've a bad history for mutilating opponents alive or dead, the reason they were always in the shadow of the Starks as round about everyone in the north had some old score against them.

The impression you get (if you disregard what you may know already from reading the books) is that Tywin Lannister's plan is to keep the northerners all battling one another (currently the Iron Islanders vs the Boltons incoming) so they cannot threaten the south again, disregarding the possibility of someone coming in as a unity leader to the vast majority of people in the north willing to support anyone that will smash the Boltons & the Greyjoys.

Enter the previously looked finished Stannis Baratheon - all he has to do is save the wall from the Wildings and the White Walkers, & it's King Of The North all over again, but this time with an experienced strategist as well as a battle tactician. He also has the Brotherhoold Without Banners guerillas in the south under his effective control via that mad priestess.

The other impression you get is Tyrion's relationship with his family has reached breaking point. He got shat on after saving King's Landing, & knows King Draco Malfoy Joffrey is looking for the first opportunity to have him executed. No way can he afford to stick around.

Edited by WaffenThinMint

Surely Daenerys and her lot are ready to come over the sea and take names?

The scene where Sam killed the White Walker with the dragon glass is significant I think. I didn't realise the significance until the final episode, as I hadn't realised it was the dragon glass he used to kill the White Walker. I was wondering how it shattered until then. I think Stannis could take a hiding from the White Walkers and their dead army, leaving only person (and her army, but more importantly her dragons) to save the world.

Also I don't imagine that Walder Frey is going to last much longer. You could almost see Roose Bolton planning his death with the way he was looking at him. And I don't imagine the North will forget what happened. Maybe those that are left could ally with Stannis?

Charles Dance always looks like he wants to murder someone. It's a joy to watch. One scowl could reduce most to a shivering wreck. Watching Joffrey try and show authority was quite good too.

Absolutely. I'd imagine people run miles from him in real life. A bit like that guy who played Mackey in the Shield. He may be a perfectly charming bloke, but the amount of menace he carries is terrifying.

Surely Daenerys and her lot are ready to come over the sea and take names?

The scene where Sam killed the White Walker with the dragon glass is significant I think. I didn't realise the significance until the final episode, as I hadn't realised it was the dragon glass he used to kill the White Walker. I was wondering how it shattered until then. I think Stannis could take a hiding from the White Walkers and their dead army, leaving only person (and her army, but more importantly her dragons) to save the world.

Also I don't imagine that Walder Frey is going to last much longer. You could almost see Roose Bolton planning his death with the way he was looking at him. And I don't imagine the North will forget what happened. Maybe those that are left could ally with Stannis?

I haven't read the books, so I don't know what the plan is. But I like the fact that the White Walkers have had a minimal role. I think I'm going to give up on the show if it turns out to be a battle between the racist dragons and the really cold zombies.

ETA Daenerys does my head in. What a hapless, whiney twee character she is.

Edited by Savage Henry

I haven't read the books, so I don't know what the plan is. But I like the fact that the White Walkers have had a minimal role. I think I'm going to give up on the show if it turns out to be a battle between the racist dragons and the really cold zombies.

ETA Daenerys does my head in. What a hapless, whiney twee character she is.

Cracking tits tho

Another book spoiler, folks.

Nope, they still have so much preparation to do before they can even think of having that wedding. The Martells need to be introduced, and I'm surprised that they haven't been done already as Myrcella left for Dorne quite some time ago. They need to focus more on the Iron Born characters as well. There are also some small matters that need to take place at the Wall. I think it's very likely that the next wedding will take place in Season 4 Episode 9, although some characters involved are in the correct place so I can see some characters not seeing much action or movement. Surely people will also get suspicious that Baelish still hasn't arrived in the Vale yet either. :lol:

I thought that episode was good, it did pretty much everything it needed to do to set up next seasons main characters and the upcoming events. We're going to see even more character changes too. Jaime, Theon and Arya are the obvious ones, as they've already started their progression, but we'll see even more interesting interactions and intrigue. What do people think will happen next season? What do you all hope to happen? It could be interesting discussion to tide us over, but obviously book spoilers should be marked as such. I'm just interested in how people see things from the perspective of the tv audience.

Book spoilers.

I think the wedding will need to be ep 3 or 4. You still have Tyrion's trial and subsequent escape and showdown with Tywin to fit in. The Twyin meeting could be ep 9.

For Jon, I don't know if he'll have the defence of the castle from the South against the wildling raiders. It seemed to be only Tormund and Ygritte left. And they've taken away the surprise in Stannis showing up.

I haven't seen any of this, which is strange cause I watched all HBOs great shows The Sopranos The Wire etc.

Just downloaded season one and two going to start watching it tonight.

I love being at the beginning of what you know is going to be a great show, I rarely watch things when they air on Tv as I hate waiting a week for the next episode.

I haven't seen any of this, which is strange cause I watched all HBOs great shows The Sopranos The Wire etc.

Just downloaded season one and two going to start watching it tonight.

I love being at the beginning of what you know is going to be a great show, I rarely watch things when they air on Tv as I hate waiting a week for the next episode.

The first season is a slow burner, but stick with it.