Game of Thrones

Quentin Taranbino

Maybe it's just me, but I was expecting a little more fuss or fury from the Starks when the Rains of Castamere begins to play. Apart from Cat it seemed to go unnoticed.

If I remember from the books, I think Cat is pretty much the only one who notices it at the time. Everyone else is too busy drinking and having a good time.

Maybe it's just me, but I was expecting a little more fuss or fury from the Starks when the Rains of Castamere begins to play. Apart from Cat it seemed to go unnoticed.

I think most of them are probably meant to be hammered. And Robb has never seemed to be entirely perceptive in an immediate sense...he's more of a deep-thinker.

Edited by vercol36

A couple of links to show the hilariously funny reactions to

The Red Wedding

MAJOR SPOILERS IN THESE LINKS. DO NOT CLICK IF YOU DON'T WANT SPOILERS:

Man, people are so fucking stupid.

They're hardly gonna deviate from the whole book. Must say, I feel the same as a lot of those folk but won't go boycotting shit. That's the way it was written.

Also, seen as that article is a bit daft, is this bit true?

EDIT: Cant work spoilers - help please :P

Edited by paul-r-cfc

If the Starks were under the guest protection as well, does that mean that Walder Frey has fucked with the guest right in the same way that the men of the wall did at Crastor's Keep?

I need to watch that again. My head is reeling.

Walder Frey would have been well within his right to have slaughtered the Starks for turning up as marriage oathbreakers. But once he'd taken them under his roof as welcome guests, any harm coming to them would be a stain on his name.

For him to use a wedding feast as a ruse for a mass assassination not only damns the Freys and the Boltons, but also the Lannisters who clearly paid for it. In short, it's the classic short-term gain for long term disaster: every noble family now knows that the Freys, Boltons & especially the Lannisters - whose names are already mud thanks to Joffrey's excesses - are not to be trusted ever.

Suddenly, the Tyrells will be feeling very nervous about their dealings with the Lannisters (after all, they've a wedding of their own coming up!) & any "at least you knew where you were with the Targarians" are going to be making overtones to Princess Barenudies once word gets out she's alive & well, conquored a big chunk of Essos with a ragtag army under everyone's noses & has three baby dragons

A couple of links to show the hilariously funny reactions to

The Red Wedding

MAJOR SPOILERS IN THESE LINKS. DO NOT CLICK IF YOU DON'T WANT SPOILERS:

Man, people are so fucking stupid.

"If you think this has a happy ending, you haven't been paying attention."

This line wasn't in the books. It's a clear message to the viewer. Not just Theon. A Song of Ice and Fire is not like most books and GoT is not like most TV shows. Goodies don't win because they're good and baddies don't lose because they're bad and everything most certainly does not 'sort itself out in the end'. It's relentless and brutal from start to finish and I don't know how the story will pan out but GRRM has said it isn't going to be the triumphal victory for all that's good and decent that LotR and the like are. That's what's so good about it though. You genuinely have no idea what will happen and who will survive. Nobody has plot armor.

Incidently, poeple might not know, but GRRM has said that the Red Wedding was based on two events from Scottish history. The Glencoe massacre and The Black Dinner.

DO NOT READ THIS IF YOU HAVEN'T READ THE BOOKS!

I've noticed most of the episode titles have double meanings. Next one is 'Mhysa'. So obviously Dany will free some slaves but I suspect we'll get to see Thoros bring Cat back to "life".

For those that have saw the latest episode, another point to ponder:

Baelish "Littlefinger" betrayed Ned Stark because he wanted to get into Catelyn Tully-Stark's knickers. Now Tywin Lannister has organised the murder of his unrequited love - right after he'd been made one of the most powerful landowners in the kingdom as reward for being a gobshite & finally had something respectable to "sell" himself to Catelyn with.

You know what they say about what happens with people whose greatest ambitions - realistic or otherwise - are thwarted just when they think they're about to get it... they tend to go a little apeshit & act unpredictably! ^_^

Surprise, surprise. Outrage in the Daily Mail

With quotes from diddy celeb's who obviously haven't read the books.

Following the episode a number of celebrities took to Twitter to discuss what they had just seen.

Musician Ed Sheeran wore: ‘I dont know what just happened in game of thrones. i'm in shock.’

Joe Jonas added: ‘This is how I feel about the game of thrones episode just now.... What. Just. Happened.’

Jack Osbourne wrote: ‘#gameofthrones are you f***ing kidding me????!!!’

While actress Jamie Murray wrote: ‘NOOOO #GAMEOFTHRONES WTF!?!?! How could you? Why, why, why???’

DO NOT READ THIS IF YOU HAVEN'T READ THE BOOKS!

I've noticed most of the episode titles have double meanings. Next one is 'Mhysa'. So obviously Dany will free some slaves but I suspect we'll get to see Thoros bring Cat back to "life".

Must. Not. Give in.

Sent from my GT-N7105 using Pie & Bovril mobile app