Game of Thrones

Quentin Taranbino

Clive Russell has been in just about everything, although the only thing I can put my finger on was him playing the tall guy in Still Game, Paul Kaye was Dennis Pennis and was in Its All Gone Pete Tong and Dame Diana Rigg was in The Avengers and On Her Majesty's Secret Service and more recently played herself in Extras.

Basically, you know nothing Gordon the Gopher.

Ramsay Snow not been cast yet, but neither has Mance Rayder, and both characters were mentioned at the end of S.2 so you've got to imagine they'll be featuring in S.3.

Out of interest who do you think would be a good casting for mance and ramsay?

Personally just for the eyes I think Rob James-Collier would be perfect for Ramsay. In terms of mance...I always pictured the wildlings as Scots so would love Bobby Carlisle (although not muscular enough) or Ewan McGregor for the role, but I don't think it will be such a high profile actor. I've heard rumours that it might be James Purefoy from the series "Rome" which would actually be a decent choice.

Speaking of prolific Scottish actors, I'm actually quite disappointed that John Hannah wasn't cast as Edmure Tully.....I would have thought that would have been a perfect casting.

Out of interest who do you think would be a good casting for mance and ramsay?

Personally just for the eyes I think Rob James-Collier would be perfect for Ramsay. In terms of mance...I always pictured the wildlings as Scots so would love Bobby Carlisle (although not muscular enough) or Ewan McGregor for the role, but I don't think it will be such a high profile actor. I've heard rumours that it might be James Purefoy from the series "Rome" which would actually be a decent choice.

Speaking of prolific Scottish actors, I'm actually quite disappointed that John Hannah wasn't cast as Edmure Tully.....I would have thought that would have been a perfect casting.

I really thought Kevin McKidd would have made an ideal Edmure Tully, but as that has now been cast, he would probably make a good Mance Rayder!!!

James Purefoy would be a good shout for Mance Rayder, although not sure if he's slightly too young & posh to come across as a grizzled wildling. Henry Ian Cusick who played Desmond in Lost springs to mind for me, or a more left-field option might be Tommy Flanagan - he's the Scottish actor with facial scars who was in Gladiator, Braveheart and Sin City.

I'd quite like to see Purefoy as the Red Viper actually, come to think of it.

I'd love to see Cillian Murphy as Ramsay, but that won't ever happen I'd imagine. I've seen Michael Pitt floated which would be interesting, not sure if he has exactly the right look though.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=25KABvPbq-U

Just watched series 1 on boxset over the past two days. It's absolutely fantastic. Not got series 2 yet, waiting to get that on boxset as well.

Possible spoiler alert for anyone who's seen the tv series but not read the books, so be warned;

is the Red Wedding in Series 2? It's the part of the whole series of books I'm most looking forward to seeing on the big screen.

Girlfriend loved the whole thing, was greeting endlessly at the part

where Lady gets put down.

My girlfriend wasn't too happy either. Ba-dum tsh!

Possible spoiler alert for anyone who's seen the tv series but not read the books, so be warned;

is the Red Wedding in Series 2? It's the part of the whole series of books I'm most looking forward to seeing on the big screen.

Nope. The RW happens in the 3rd book, so it'll be portrayed in either series 3 or 4, both of which will follow the plot of that novel. It depends where they cut it in half, I'd guess it'd be in season 4, or they might have to put the *other wedding* in series 3 as well to prevent fans being seriously pissed off by the finale

Nope. The RW happens in the 3rd book, so it'll be portrayed in either series 3 or 4, both of which will follow the plot of that novel. It depends where they cut it in half, I'd guess it'd be in season 4, or they might have to put the *other wedding* in series 3 as well to prevent fans being seriously pissed off by the finale

Cheers.

Caught up on the whole series now. Brilliant stuff.

I wasn't too sure about the actor playing Jaime at first, was worried he would be a bit wooden but I take it all back, he's perfect. Has exactly that sort of "Prince Charming" look I'd imagined from the books but pulls of the cocky one-liners and mannerisms perfectly.

The whole casting is spot-on (apart from Margaery Tyrell; I'm still not entirely sure why they aged her in the tv series from the books, only thing I can think of is that they already have a really young cast generally and wanted someone slightly older for balance)

Bronn is absolutely awesome, definetly my favourite "minor" character in the books and even better at doing his thing on the TV screen. Most memorable exchange is something like;

Tyrion: "So tell me, Bronn; if I asked you to murder a child, without question, what would you say?"

Bronn, sharpening his sword: "Not without question, no." *smirks* "I'd ask how much."

Bronn naming his child "Tyrion" to f**k Cersei right off once he's been named a lord is comedy gold.

Edited by Thistle_do_nicely

• 3 weeks later...

Ramsay Snow not been cast yet, but neither has Mance Rayder, and both characters were mentioned at the end of S.2 so you've got to imagine they'll be featuring in S.3.

Just a wee update. Ciaran Hinds who was Caesar in the first series of Rome has been cast as Mance Rayder. Also Mackenzie Crook who played Garth in the office is going to be one of the wildling characters. biggrin.gif

Just a wee update. Ciaran Hinds who was Caesar in the first series of Rome has been cast as Mance Rayder. Also Mackenzie Crook who played Garth in the office is going to be one of the wildling characters. biggrin.gif

Wikipedia has been half decent in naming who's been cast. Also be quite impressed reading the wikia thing set up by westeros website, quite handy for checking details but theres spoilers if you haven't read the books.