Game of Thrones

Quentin Taranbino

First off, yes I do take points off reviews. First I'll write up every point that I think about the show, then I'll read a few reviews, not just sepinwall(den of geek, metacritic etc) and add them in where I feel I've missed and try to build upon them. I never made myself out to be some kind of hotshot reviewer(and its only when I'm really into a show, that I big on reviews. See the chuck thread for example), only someone that was keen to cover not just what I was thinking, but what other people with extra(and better) insights than I did into them with my own twist. I assure you however that I do no such thing as copy and paste( I mean have you seen my grammar?).

I'm not sorry though because I've thoroughly enjoyed doing them that way and I'd like to think the people on here have really enjoyed them too. I won't be changing my technique for anyone(and its an awesome way to kill time at work in the morning). If I gave anyone the impression that I've robbed them of their innocence then I will apologize for that.

I'll still keep doing them though, why?because I ENJOY IT. If I get stick for it, so be it.

Edited by the jambo-rocker

I just thought,why didn't Stannis unleash the smoke monster to the battle? Surely that would have tipped the scales.

Also for those book people do we get to see smoke monster vs dragon? That would be great battle

Yeah, Davos told him that the people are already suspicious of his new religion and if he took Millesandre to King's Landing everyone would be even more against him and say that she won the battle and not him.

Do you think R'hllor, the God of fire, would be against dragons?

First off, yes I do take points off reviews. First I'll write up every point that I think about the show, then I'll read a few reviews, not just sepinwall(den of geek, metacritic etc) and add them in where I feel I've missed and try to build upon them. I never made myself out to be some kind of hotshot reviewer(and its only when I'm really into a show, that I big on reviews. See the chuck thread for example), only someone that was keen to cover not just what I was thinking, but what other people with extra(and better) insights than I did into them with my own twist. I assure you however that I do no such thing as copy and paste( I mean have you seen my grammar?).

I'm not sorry though because I've thoroughly enjoyed doing them that way and I'd like to think the people on here have really enjoyed them too. I won't be changing my technique for anyone(and its an awesome way to kill time at work in the morning). If I gave anyone the impression that I've robbed them of their innocence then I will apologize for that.

I'll still keep doing them though, why?because I ENJOY IT. If I get stick for it, so be it.

Maddox wrote an interesting article about this kind of thing recently - http://www.thebestpageintheuniverse.net/c.cgi?u=ranker_sucks

I would mind less if you had been upfront in the beginning, but the fact is that you tried to pass someone else's writing as your own. Poor show. Give the person credit for their work.

Maddox wrote an interesting article about this kind of thing recently - http://www.thebestpageintheuniverse.net/c.cgi?u=ranker_sucks

I would mind less if you had been upfront in the beginning, but the fact is that you tried to pass someone else's writing as your own. Poor show. Give the person credit for their work.

Alright, it's not a university dissertation we're talking about here.

Well, I do a lot of reviews in my spare time, so I'm imagining how I'd feel if someone passed off my work as their own. Pretty poor show.

I'm sure someone like Sepinwall wouldn't lose sleep over it. If it was someone like yourself that isn't anywhere near as well known then aye, you are correct.

As I've said I've held my hands up, I shouldn't have strung some people along, but I don't regret doing it as I got a lot of satisfaction out of it, even if a fair chunk on occasions was not my work. Mostly it was his structure that I plagiarized, but points inparticular that I put on like 'the black smoke from lost' or 'the walking dead scene' were my own even without seeing his review. It is questionable that with hindsight granted, but I'd like to think I'm trying to be as be as honest as possible and not deny everything like most people would or attack anyone for saying otherwise.

Totally different to last weeks episode. The White walkers are scary beasts!

From the books, I thought they'd be quite difficult to do well on TV but I think they've caught them perfectly. Just enough humanity and just enough supernatural demon-ness about them.

I'd completely forgotten about the white walkers to be honest. They really cast a shadow over Season One I thought, but I just kinda forgot they were around in Season Two. Then that ending... wow.

From reading a lot of comments about the finale, there are plenty of book readers that are angry with Daenerys' visions in the house of the undying and having gone and had a wee read about what all goes on in there in the books, it's understandable. How do the book readers on here feel about it?

Amazing episode though and with me being none the wiser about the book scenes before watching it, Dany's house of the undying scenes were great.

From reading a lot of comments about the finale, there are plenty of book readers that are angry with Daenerys' visions in the house of the undying and having gone and had a wee read about what all goes on in there in the books, it's understandable. How do the book readers on here feel about it?

Amazing episode though and with me being none the wiser about the book scenes before watching it, Dany's house of the undying scenes were great.

To be honest some of the more fanboyish book readers will rant about the most minor plot changes.

The visions were quite different and I thought the book version was better although I did like her appearing at the Wall, that was pretty cool.

I'll put the visions I can remember in spoiler tags for those that want to read them. It won't spoil anything for you as book readers would read about these visions at the same point in the story.

A team of wee rat-faced midgets raping a woman...no idea!

A man with the head of a wolf sitting on a throne.

Prince Rheagar (Dany's brother, who Robert killed) after the birth of his son telling his wife that the child was "The Prince that was Promised". Some prophicised warrior who'll save humanity in the long winter.

Her old house in Pentos.

Her unborn son Rheago, fully grown, with a burning city in the background.