Game of Thrones

Quentin Taranbino

I had been warming to Stannis while reading the books, but burning his daughter was the 'Nah, f**k that guy' point for me. Which is odd cos I usually like the bad guys. Joffrey and Tywin were my fav characters.

Ramsey had a good series, a few cracking scenes, but with Joffrey I liked the fact he was a coward under his b*****d antics, and you couldn't help but like Tywin for how smart he was. Ramsey has no redeeming features and is just a psycho.

I wasn't all that keen on the battle with the walkers, prefer the scheming to the action scenes really.

Not enough Margery for my liking, and the dorne stuff was pretty pish.

Overall tho, still a very enjoyable, fairly compelling watch. It's fallen behind mad men in terms of my fav programs, but I'm probably just turning into a welt as I get a bit older.

A couple of issues with the thread... It's Ser friend-zone, not captain :P

And I waited to watch the whole series in 3 sittings, so never went near the thread. If you're going into it after the show has aired and not watched it, then it's your own fault if you see a spoiler imo, regardless of when the 'main airtime' is. Why risk it?

Haha - No need to be worried! My phone was going a bit mental, the old freeze and switch off patter. Thanks for your concern though, I'm touched that somebody cares. I will make sure I post here during my now, inevitable stroke next time O_o

Mentioned this in the Daredevil thread but better put it here as well...

Apparently Ray Stevenson is rumoured to be playing Victarion Greyjoy in season 6, this is the reason why he couldn't commit to reprising his role as The Punisher, who is going to be a recurring character on Season 2 of that show!!!

Edited by King Kebab

Apparently Ray Stevenson is rumoured to be playing Victarion Greyjoy in season 6, this is the reason why he couldn't commit to reprising his role as The Punisher, who is going to be a recurring character on Season 2 of that show!!!

That's an excellent bit of casting. He was one of the better baddies in the later seasons of Dexter.

As an aside, he was how I imagined Jack Reacher to look before they cast Tom Cruise.

That's an excellent bit of casting. He was one of the better baddies in the later seasons of Dexter.

As an aside, he was how I imagined Jack Reacher to look before they cast Tom Cruise.

Bit of a difference there is there not???

I reckon that if he plays him like how he played Titus in Rome (excellent series btw) then yes I can just picture him in the part!!!

Edited by King Kebab

Bit of a difference there is there not???

I reckon that if he plays him like how he played Titus in Rome (excellent series btw) then yes I can just picture him in the part!!!

Aye. Cruise did a decent job, despite not looking a thing like he's described in the books.

Stevenson would have been perfect.

My heart sunk a bit there as I read that as Ray Winstone for some reason

My heart sunk a bit there as I read that as Ray Winstone for some reason

I think Ray WInstone could easily play a brothel keeper no problem. As he introduces Meryn to the young Arya "Have a bang on that".

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Kit Harrington been in Northern Ireland at the same time as the rest of the cast assemble there for a read through of the S6 scripts.

Coincidence?

Not in the slightest. He was seen arriving with fellow cast and crew.