Game of Thrones

Quentin Taranbino

Jons dead, tbh. We're always going to have someone up North so the White Walkers storyline gets continued, and next season it'll be Bran. Wouldn't surprise me if the opening sequence for next season was Jon being burned.

Stannis is dead, why the never showed you I don't know, but I'm almost certain he wanted to die the moment he seen his wife, and that he marched onwards in hope of being slaughtered, even if he survives he'll he'd up topping himself, and he'd rather go in battle.

No idea about Theon and Sansa, not even sure what they jumped into though, no doubt Ramsey and Brienne will find them though, even if they fall through a hole into the centre of the Earth, as both seem utterly invincible and capable of absolutely anything, hopefully they never meet or the fight will never end.

When did Ayra become so "ninja" btw? Her training seems to consist of being hit, sweeping the floor and cleaning dead folk, yet shes suddenly some shit hot assassin? :lol:

I tend to think the same about Jon Snow. That being said, I'm pretty sure castle black will be cursed in some way now, and that might even include some ghostly manifestation of Jon Snow.

I tend to think the same about Jon Snow. That being said, I'm pretty sure castle black will be cursed in some way now, and that might even include some ghostly manifestation of Jon Snow.

Not sure thats how the show works tbh. I spent a whole season, still do, hoping that Ned Starks rather depressing death was just a bluff. Yet it never was. This will be same IMO.

Jons dead, tbh. We're always going to have someone up North so the White Walkers storyline gets continued, and next season it'll be Bran. Wouldn't surprise me if the opening sequence for next season was Jon being burned.

Stannis is dead, why the never showed you I don't know, but I'm almost certain he wanted to die the moment he seen his wife, and that he marched onwards in hope of being slaughtered, even if he survives he'll he'd up topping himself, and he'd rather go in battle.

No idea about Theon and Sansa, not even sure what they jumped into though, no doubt Ramsey and Brienne will find them though, even if they fall through a hole into the centre of the Earth, as both seem utterly invincible and capable of absolutely anything, hopefully they never meet or the fight will never end.

When did Ayra become so "ninja" btw? Her training seems to consist of being hit, sweeping the floor and cleaning dead folk, yet shes suddenly some shit hot assassin? :lol:

You could easily turn that Stannis theory, which I agree with btw, into him still being alive. His last words were "do it then" or something like that. If Brienne questions why he wants to do, he tells her and she decides to keep him alive to make him suffer

Why would you go on this thread when you haven't seen it after the 2am showing? Puzzling behaviour.

I was thinking the exact same, it's all rather odd. Surely you'd just stay off the thread, as you'd expect the new episode would be discussed. Some seemed to get rather upset, that they hadn't seen it yet.

I was thinking the exact same, it's all rather odd. Surely you'd just stay off the thread, as you'd expect the new episode would be discussed. Some seemed to get rather upset, that they hadn't seen it yet.

You've got to draw a line somewhere though. You could just as easily say why come onto a thread when somethings been leaked, or aired in the US because some people will have seen it online.

The general rule is spoilers before the main UK broadcast.

You've got to draw a line somewhere though. You could just as easily say why come onto a thread when somethings been leaked, or aired in the US because some people will have seen it online.

The general rule is spoilers before the main UK broadcast.

The line would presumably be the earliest UK airtime, which is 2am. It's available for all to view in the UK from that point, therefore should be fair game.

On Sansa and Theon, if they do survive that fall it's not ridiculous at all. If it is, then it's been ridiculous from the very first episode, where Bran survived a fall from a greater height onto hard ground. Sansa and Theon on the other hand were jumping into a gigantic amount of snow which can break their fall. They've been taking about the amount of snow for several episodes and they made a point of having a shot of the snow on the ground before they jumped.

There's obviously a high chance that the jump could kill them, but even in real life that drop wouldn't necessarily be fatal, never mind in a TV show where you may see some boundaries of reality pushed. People have survived dropping from absurd heights into snowdrifts before, albeit most have had an absurd number of broken bones. There's no guarantee they're dead.

I automatically assumed they had both survived.

Stannis is gone, not a shame for the character, but he was one of the finest actors on the show. Why must you take him and Charles Dance! Why not Emilia Clark or Kit Harrington? (okay, fair enough on that second one).

I usually stream it on the Tuesday as I don't have Sky Atlantic, the Jon Snow being killed had been totally ruined by that point (arguably was when I saw it without spoilers in this thread weeks ago!). He was a terribly self righteous character and one of the worst actors in the show, I'm glad he's gone.

I also fully expect Arya to still be alive, that poisoning being the last phase of the process of her becoming faceless, or whatever. I'd be shocked if she was actually killed.

Thought the 'long walk' scene with Cersei was rubbish. Only got hit with little bits of red chard and kale. Not a full-sized iceberg lettuce in sight.

Times are tough, can't be throwing away a full lettuce.

Disappointed it was CGG :(

ps. I didn't come on this thread at all since the weekend, the horrific spoilers were people posting Jon Snow and that kid pictures all over facebook Was I suppose to believe they eloped?!?!

Edited by Whitnail

Rubbish. People with SKY Atlantic are recording it at 2am and watching it at their convenience, and without adverts. I doubt if many actually wait until 9pm now.

Yup, that's exactly what I do. Didn't have time to watch it till late on Monday this week, but I've normally watched it before the 9pm showing. Why would you wait till then and sit through the ads if you have Atlantic anyway?

Rubbish. People with SKY Atlantic are recording it at 2am and watching it at their convenience, and without adverts. I doubt if many actually wait until 9pm now.

That may well be true. It doesnt really help with drawing a line for spoilers though. Some might be off and watch it during the day, some might not watch it till 6/7 pm when they come home from work.

Therefore, the logical cutoff is after the 9pm airing.

Yup, that's exactly what I do. Didn't have time to watch it till late on Monday this week, but I've normally watched it before the 9pm showing. Why would you wait till then and sit through the ads if you have Atlantic anyway?

So why do Sky bother showing it again at 9pm? There will still be a lot of people who watch it at that time, as its the main UK broadcast.

I feel like we're arguing over nothing here though. If you really dont want to risk seeing a spoiler, avoid the thread until you've watched the episode. If you've seen an episode before its main UK air date, have the courtesy to use spoilers. Neither are difficult

My missus didn't click on straight away as to who it was. I'm astounded that no one got that as soon as we saw Qyburns laboratory tbh.

Same. The only other characters that were remotely that size were actual giants.

Not sure thats how the show works tbh. I spent a whole season, still do, hoping that Ned Starks rather depressing death was just a bluff. Yet it never was. This will be same IMO.

There are certainly similar ideas in the books, like with Lady Stoneheart. It wouldn't surprise me if betraying the Lord Commander didn't invoke something other-worldly.