Sign in to follow this  
DavidMcG

Game of Thrones

I wish they'd kill off the Sam character. He's dull and whingey as f**k.

UK airdate is ALWAYS the spoiler rule. Even just reading this thread, it should be easy enough to figure out.

The UK airdate was 2am this morning but I'm glad when I read this thread on my lunch to gauge the reaction no-one had posted any spoilers - everyone has used spoilers until 9pm on the Monday until now so I felt safe.

First of all, I hate people being brought back to life in any fiction whether it's fantastical or not, but I can't see any other way they can handle Jon. He has a lot of storyline left to go imo and he didn't get out of the cockadoodie car. As people have said, Melisandre's super-fast return seems tee'd up to bring him back to life. Also seems like no-one will find out that Shireen didn't die in the battle so she'll be able to start manipulating zombie Jon.

I wasn't really all that bothered by the non-Battle of Winterfell. Stannis lost my support by killing his daughter and so I didn't really want either side to win. Without that tension and without many named characters involved you'd just end up with violence for the sake of violence and the show is more about character and dialogue for me. Was very unlike GRRM for Brienne to have the opportunity to revenge-kill him. Likewise Arya and what's-his-face from the King's Guard I suppose, although she did kill the Tickler in a more satisfying way in the books.

I'm glad Syrio didn't magically appear and I'm glad Benjen didn't magically appear. One of my colleagues was talking about the 'previously, on GOT' and it made me think there was a danger of both.

There were some amusing exchanges between Daario, Jorah and Tyrion. Started to worry Tyrion would be stuck with Hollyoaks and Captain Naebawz to banter with next season so was very glad to see Varys turn up.

Presumably Sansa is alive and Stannis is dead or the story just got really stupid.

Was genuinely shocked by Myrcella's death and felt surprisingly gutted. That Sand woman is a fuckwit.

Hopefully they get Daenerys to Westeros relatively quickly next season, but I've been hoping that for a while. No doubt persuading the Dothraki to do something or other will be a 10 episode arc.

Edited by The OP

Further to that, they'll definitely burn his body, which, if he's actually a Targaryen will be left undamaged by the fire? Jon will then be reborn as Azor Ahai? That's why they can say that Jon is "definitely" dead.

UK airdate is ALWAYS the spoiler rule. Even just reading this thread, it should be easy enough to figure out.

So that'll be 2am then.

So it was a 2am start this time? My apologies. Should absolutely be fair game then.

EDIT: That's not sarcasm btw. It's a consistent gauge for spoilers.

Edited by NewDomDom

It's been 2am all season. Simulcast with the US. True Detective will be the same when it starts. To be fair, it's the only way they will ever be able to reduce people torrenting shows.

Given though that most people won't have been able to watch it until the Monday evening I'm probably in favour of spoilers until that airing.

95% of the time common sense on here regarding spoilers prevails

So it was a 2am start this time? My apologies. Should absolutely be fair game then.

EDIT: That's not sarcasm btw. It's a consistent gauge for spoilers.

Yeah, I record it then watch it after work.

Don't see the issue with the lad not using spoilers tbh.

I'm up to 10 on season 5. You can see where it is heavily borrowing from other big epics/franchises but it is a genius work. I still can't warm to Emilia Clarke, just knew a dragon was going to rescue her wee bum.

Further to that, they'll definitely burn his body, which, if he's actually a Targaryen will be left undamaged by the fire? Jon will then be reborn as Azor Ahai? That's why they can say that Jon is "definitely" dead.

Aemon's body burned though. I assume that's because he was already dead.

Also, if he is dead and never to come back, what the f**k was the point of his character?

It did give plenty of insight into the White Walker aspect, but I still think he has to be more important long term than that.

I wish they'd kill off the Sam character. He's dull and whingey as f**k.

I'd think Sam's been sent away because one way or another as he's no longer integral to Jon and his storyline (he's either no longer in the Night's Watch or he's dead. He's not a strong enough character to be the lead going forward for the story arc at The Wall.

It's been 2am all season. Simulcast with the US. True Detective will be the same when it starts. To be fair, it's the only way they will ever be able to reduce people torrenting shows.

Given though that most people won't have been able to watch it until the Monday evening I'm probably in favour of spoilers until that airing.

95% of the time common sense on here regarding spoilers prevails

I'd suggest the general rule going forward for shows like this which simulcast through the night like True Detective should be spoilers until it's "Prime Time" airing.

I knew he was a goner for weeks. Jaw dropped a bit that it actually happened but as soon as wee Ollie walked through the door I knew what was coming.

Had a bet with the Mrs that he was copping it. She's a huge JS fan but she said if he dies she'll still watch the show. The Yanks are morons.

Right, they are all away watching it now. This is fucking hilarious. Which one were you? I was the shouty boy.

i like the couple at about 1min in she is greetin and he looks like he does not care.