Game of Thrones

Quentin Taranbino

Yeah, Davos would have killed Stannis himself if he knew. With that in mind, surely a seasoned war-veteran like Stannis would have known that burning his daughter alive would initiate a mutiny? Is this explained further in the book?

The books haven't got that far yet. The whole series has completely caught up, and in some cases, overtaken the books. There's also the bit's that have changed from the books.

We didn't see Pod in the final scene with Brienne and Stannis so I guess when she lifts her sword to strike, Pod could grab it or push her to the side etc. No idea what his reasoning would be but im not sold on Stannis dying. If he were to be killed why wouldn't they just show it? Why cut away at that point?

There is no way Stannis not being dead would make any sense at all. It reminds me of surprisingly large number of people claiming a certain character on The Sopranos was alive because the gunshots were fired as they crawled away offscreen.

This isn't the Sopranos though, people are sceptical because he wasn't shown to be killed/die, which is a decent rule of thumb for GoT.

Was quite surprised, and pleased after least week, to see Stannis potentially be broon breid. Another one those stupid contrivances though with the whole Brienne situation.

Book spoiler

I'd always presumed Ramsay was bullshiting about routing Stannis in ADWD. Getting quite moist about TWOW now tbh, preferably before series 6 please, GRRM.

Gendry is in the books - four of them to be precise. He's currently hanging with the Brotherhood and has been sidelined. Sounds like you're thinking of Edric Storm, who has been merged with Gendry in the show.

Yes, meant it wasn't the same character. Which it isn't.

Where's your God now Melisandre? Eh didn't see that in your fire did you?

Or maybe she did and this is part of her bigger plan? I've never read the books, I'm just speculating

When I watched it again, you could see her face change when she learnt that half the army had deserted, I suspect she doubted herself then and went straight back to the fire to see what was happening next which is the very reason she went to Castle Black. If not, why else would she abandon Stannis and his army to go to somewhere full of only men, who only recently a large group of them became rapists and murderers. The only other person outwith the Night's Watch there that she knows, Davos, doesn't trust her at all.

When I watched it again, you could see her face change when she learnt that half the army had deserted, I suspect she doubted herself then and went straight back to the fire to see what was happening next which is the very reason she went to Castle Black. If not, why else would she abandon Stannis and his army to go to somewhere full of only men, who only recently a large group of them became rapists and murderers. The only other person outwith the Night's Watch there that she knows, Davos, doesn't trust her at all.

I think her previous discussions with Jon Snow could prove telling. Maybe thinks that he's Azor Ahai reborn, which was her justification for siding with Stannis in the first place?

I can't see past Jon being brought back to life. Otherwise the Brotherhood without Banners have served absolutely no purpose in the tv show.

I think her previous discussions with Jon Snow could prove telling. Maybe thinks that he's Azor Ahai reborn, which was her justification for siding with Stannis in the first place?

I can't see past Jon being brought back to life. Otherwise the Brotherhood without Banners have served absolutely no purpose in the tv show.

Has to be.

The timing of The Mountain coming back into play I think is to soften the blow again of the dead not necessarily staying dead. I'm 100% certain she'll save Jon.

I also think Jon is still alive/will be resurrected. There were so many moments where characters still alive/undead (Red woman and the WW King) seemed to focus on Jon and seemed to 'see' something. Why hint at that just to kill him? To make his death more shocking, maybe... but I'm just not buying it. Plus there's the unfinished business of who his parents really are...

Stannis is definitely dead. I say that having not read his death in the books or anything so all I know is the show but it showed Brienne drop her sword down at the camera and just cut away at quite literally the last millisecond.

The reason most of those guys are at the wall in the first place is because they were rapists and murderers.

We'll all know soon enough what's happening at the wall as there will be a ton of press interest on set this year, it'll be hard to avoid indirect spoilers.

I've always been a big fan of the theory that Jon Snow = Azor Ahai reborn and the way they handled the finale has me completely convinced that the theory is spot on.

Edited by Cityfan

re: Sansa and Theon surviving

I've never gotten this fascination people have with Gendry, he's a pretty cool character sure but narratively unimportant. Jon Snow shows how little is thought of recognized b*****ds in Westeros, never mind unrecognized ones, and with his Dad deid, there's no way to legitimize him now. He could maybe show up to get burned by Melisandre, but if it would just be for that, I'd rather he stayed on his boat.

Season 6 casting shit (spoiling just in case people don't want to hear about this):

Casting for next season indicates Theon's Uncle's might be in after all, hope they don't f**k up Euron and Victarion like they did Dorne.

I've always been a big fan of the theory that Jon Snow = Azor Ahai reborn and the way they handled the finale has me completely convinced that the theory is spot on.

Has Azor Ahai been mentioned in the show at all? In the books with the whole bleeding star, salt and smoke shit it's pretty blatant but prophecy has been barely touched upon in the show, they even cut the valonqar bit from Cersei's one.