Game of Thrones

Quentin Taranbino

Bit underwhelmed with the finale, to be honest, after all the "break the internet" stuff. Wasnt that it was a bad episode just not what it had been built up to be.

In fact, thinking back on it, they could probably have condensed all of that into about 15 minutes.

Oh, and spoilers - "normal" UK airtime seems like the only sensible cut-off. If you want to stay up and watch it in the middle of the night, great, but it wont hurt to keep your mouth shut/use spoilers for another 12 hours

ETA - someone asked who the new Kings Guard was. Was that dodgy maester at KL not experimenting with Frankenstein type stuff earlier on? Thats what I assumed it was

Edited by Mr X

Not really a book spoiler, as technically the answer is unknown but I'll tag it anway

Gendry is a show invention, there is a similar character in the book i.e a Baratheon b*****d but it's not the same character. Wouldn't expect him back tbh, seems to just have been a plot device for the Baratheon b*****d culling.

Gendry is in the books - four of them to be precise. He's currently hanging with the Brotherhood and has been sidelined. Sounds like you're thinking of Edric Storm, who has been merged with Gendry in the show.

Some things that didnt make sense to me, as a non book reader:

The red witch: could she not have another smoke child to kill the Boltons?

Davos: why send him back for food and men if you attack before he comes back?

Mereen: Not at all pissed about being left in the middle of the pit by Dany, the gang somehow sauntered out unscathed.

Littlefinger: not sure why he didnt take his Vale posse into winterfelll as support, then double cross them.

Some things that didnt make sense to me, as a non book reader:

The red witch: could she not have another smoke child to kill the Boltons?

Davos: why send him back for food and men if you attack before he comes back?

Mereen: Not at all pissed about being left in the middle of the pit by Dany, the gang somehow sauntered out unscathed.

Littlefinger: not sure why he didnt take his Vale posse into winterfelll as support, then double cross them.

I think Stannis sent Davos away because he knew what he was going to do to his daughter.

The general rule with this programme is if you don't see them die, they're not dead. On this basis, Stannis is alive. f**k knows how they'll make that believable though. I guess we are at the point where it could also be a twist for someone to actually be dead when they don't show them dying, but I doubt it.

On Sansa and Theon, if they do survive that fall it's not ridiculous at all. If it is, then it's been ridiculous from the very first episode, where Bran survived a fall from a greater height onto hard ground. Sansa and Theon on the other hand were jumping into a gigantic amount of snow which can break their fall. They've been taking about the amount of snow for several episodes and they made a point of having a shot of the snow on the ground before they jumped.

There's obviously a high chance that the jump could kill them, but even in real life that drop wouldn't necessarily be fatal, never mind in a TV show where you may see some boundaries of reality pushed. People have survived dropping from absurd heights into snowdrifts before, albeit most have had an absurd number of broken bones. There's no guarantee they're dead.

Edited by Dunning1874

Yeah, I thought that was fairly obvious too. Davos wouldn't have let it happen if he was still there.

Yeah, Davos would have killed Stannis himself if he knew. With that in mind, surely a seasoned war-veteran like Stannis would have known that burning his daughter alive would initiate a mutiny? Is this explained further in the book?

Why would you go on this thread when you haven't seen it after the 2am showing? Puzzling behaviour.

Anyway, somewhat fitting a hit and miss end to a hit and miss series.

Never saw that coming with Olly. :rolleyes:

There is no way Stannis not being dead would make any sense at all. It reminds me of surprisingly large number of people claiming a certain character on The Sopranos was alive because the gunshots were fired as they crawled away offscreen.

Where's your God now Melisandre? Eh didn't see that in your fire did you?

Or maybe she did and this is part of her bigger plan? I've never read the books, I'm just speculating